Paris Reidhead (1919 - 1992)
Listen to freely downloadable audio sermons by the speaker Paris Reidhead in mp3 format. Was a Christian missionary, teacher, writer, and advocate of economic development in impoverished nations. A spiritual crisis during this periodas he described two decades later in what is probably his best-known recorded teaching, "Ten Shekels and a Shirt"--left Reidhead with the conviction that much of evangelicalism had adopted utilitarian and humanistic philosophies contradictory to Biblical teaching. The end of all being, he came to believe, was not the happiness of man, but the glorification of God. This theme would recur throughout his later teaching.
Since Mr. Reidhead's death in 1992, Bible Teaching Ministries, Inc. continues under the leadership of his wife, Marjorie, and daughter, Virginia Teitt, a dedicated Board, and the many people who have donated time and talent after being changed by Gods Word through this message. The message of the Gospel is reaching an ever-widening audience all over the world.
SermonIndex Recommends these books by Paris Reidhead:
A Paris Reidhead Reader: Three Classic Sermons by Paris Reidhead
Getting Evangelicals Saved by Paris Reidhead
FINDING THE REALITY OF GOD by Paris Reidhead
| If You Agree by Paris Reidhead|
Topic: Body Of Christ
Scripture(s): Matthew 18:19-20
|Description: Your understanding of the Christian Life, and especially your prayer life, will be challenged and revolutionized by this message. You will never hear this text again without remembering this powerful exposition of God's Word. From Matthew 18:19-20. What does it mean to pray/live/gather "in Jesus' name"? In this sermon, we look at what it truly means to be in unity with Christ and his Body. We find that there are five different groups in the organized church:|
1) Those who have met the "forgiving Christ." That is, they have "accepted Jesus" primarily to escape hell, suffering, and punishment.
2) Those who have met the "utilitarian Christ." That is, they have found that God can help them get what they need -- their whole interest in Christianity is that they should be taken care of by faith.
3) Those who have met the "status-giving Christ." These have joined the Church because they wanted fellowship and to be around the people. Position within the group is also typically very important within this group, and any achievement is hailed as part of the "glory of God."
4) Those who have met the "emotion-satisfying Christ." Their whole purpose in Christianity and religion is to satisfy their emotional needs. They look for everything that will make them laugh, cry, or both.
5) Those "who have met the Holy God and the Sovereign Christ." They have seen their terrible sinfulness and have known forgiveness, their prayers have been answered, they have found status as God's Children, and they have been filled with the Joy of God. But in addition to all this, this group is living only for God's glory and to walk according to the Cross. Only this fifth group is the true Church of God.
Any attempt to revive or unite all five groups will fail, but the fifth group can truly be one and bring glory to God.
|13470 downloads |
| Sermon Comments (9)
| Joshua by Paris Reidhead|
Scripture(s): Deuteronomy 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-13
|1572 downloads |
| Sermon Comments (0)
< Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next >