1. I will call in my affliction, on the Power that subdues all; -- that is able to subdue, the Captor in his wrath, -- as it overcame Legion. R., Glory to His grace!
2. The Evil One has repaid me my brethren, debts that he borrowed not of me: -- the good God likewise has repaid me, mercies that I lent Him not. -- Come and marvel ye at these two things!
3. The good God has divided and given, my misdeeds to His grace, -- my offences to His justice; His mercy has blotted out my misdeeds -- His judgment has requited my offences.
4. Sin was exceeding wroth, and abode in alarm, -- when she saw how grace, put restraint on freedom, that she might overcome transgressions.
5. Glow Thou, O my Lord, and send down Thy love, break out and pour forth Thy wrath! -- Thy wrath to destroy, Thy love to rescue -- the captives from the captor!
6. The days wherein the Evil One, decreed to cast me forth, -- as with a sling into perdition, in them the good God has bound up and kept -- my soul in the bundle of life.
7. The men of speech who keep not silence, from praising continually, -- who have kept me in the midst of waves, and supported me that I fell not, let them give praise in my stead, O my Lord!
8. For who has at any time sufficed, in presence of the grace, -- of the mercies which surrounded him, that I should suffice to praise -- the mercies that encompass me?