Featured Audio Sermon
A Warning To American Christianity by Keith Daniel
"Think what that love must have been which brought the Lord of glory from the highest heaven to become the Man of sorrows for our sakes!" -
Sermon Downloader 2.0
- You can now access all 30,000+ audio sermons of SermonIndex.net via a convenient simple to use application for windows, mac or Linux.
: On Care To Be Had For The Dead
On Care To Be Had For The Dead
On Care to Be Had for the Dead.
1. Long time, my venerable fellow-bishop Paulinus, have I been thy Holiness's debtor for anà
2. But this being the case, how to this opinion that should not be contraryà
3. Possibly thy inquiry is satisfied by this my brief reply.à
4. |But| say I |in such a slaughter-heap of dead bodiesà
5. Yet it follows not that the bodies of the departed are to be despisedà
6. If this be true, doubtless also the providing for the interment of bodies aà
7. When therefore the faithful mother of a faithful son departed desired to have hisà
9. And yet, by reason of that affection of the human heartà
10. This affection the Martyrs of Christ contending for the truth did overcomeà
12. Stories are told of certain appearances or visionsà
13. Such, however, is human infirmity, that when in a dream a person shall seeà
14. Like dreams, moreover, are also some visions of persons awakeà
16. Why should we not believe these to be angelic operations through dispensation of theà
17. Some man may say: |If there be not in the dead any care forà
18. So then we must confess that the dead indeed do not know what isà
19. Hence too is solved that question, how is it that the Martyrsà
21. Such, we may believe, was that John the Monkà
22. Which things being so, let us not think that to the dead for whomà
23. Here, to the things thou hast thought meet to inquire of meà
DOCTRINAL AND MORAL TREATISES. INDEX OF SUBJECTS.
All books list
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.