Featured Audio Sermon
Beauty of God by Glenn Meldrum
"The true penitent is for the mortifying of every lust which has had a hand in crucifying of his dearest Savior. The sin-sick soul must break, not some but all its idols in pieces, before a cure will follow." -
Need Sermon Hosting?
- We recommend our friends at SermonAudio! You can
signup today get first month free!
Sermon Downloader 2.0
Free Software to download entire SermonIndex Speaker Archive
: On Care To Be Had For The Dead
On Care To Be Had For The Dead
On Care to Be Had for the Dead.
1. Long time, my venerable fellow-bishop Paulinus, have I been thy Holiness's debtor for anà
2. But this being the case, how to this opinion that should not be contraryà
3. Possibly thy inquiry is satisfied by this my brief reply.à
4. |But| say I |in such a slaughter-heap of dead bodiesà
5. Yet it follows not that the bodies of the departed are to be despisedà
6. If this be true, doubtless also the providing for the interment of bodies aà
7. When therefore the faithful mother of a faithful son departed desired to have hisà
9. And yet, by reason of that affection of the human heartà
10. This affection the Martyrs of Christ contending for the truth did overcomeà
12. Stories are told of certain appearances or visionsà
13. Such, however, is human infirmity, that when in a dream a person shall seeà
14. Like dreams, moreover, are also some visions of persons awakeà
16. Why should we not believe these to be angelic operations through dispensation of theà
17. Some man may say: |If there be not in the dead any care forà
18. So then we must confess that the dead indeed do not know what isà
19. Hence too is solved that question, how is it that the Martyrsà
21. Such, we may believe, was that John the Monkà
22. Which things being so, let us not think that to the dead for whomà
23. Here, to the things thou hast thought meet to inquire of meà
DOCTRINAL AND MORAL TREATISES. INDEX OF SUBJECTS.
All books list
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.