Open as PDF
From one of John Wesley¬ís letters which he wrote to a critic of his teaching on Christian Perfection
By Christian Perfection I mean:
1. Loving God with all your heart. Do you object to this?
2. A heart and a life all devoted to God. Do you desire less?
3. Regaining the whole image of God. What objection is there to this?
4. Having all the mind that was in Christ. Is this going too far?
5. Walking uniformly as Christ walked. And to this surely no Christian will object.
Wesley added: "If anyone means anything more or anything less by perfection, I have no concern about it."
--From Pulpit Helps