SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Heart of Man

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Heart of Man

Hi,

I posted the following on another discussion catagory(welcomes/introductions) and realized it's probably more fitting here. It's something I wrote last week. I understand if you choose to delete this post because it was already posted on this site elsewhere. Here it is;

THE HEART OF MAN

Eternity
He has put eternity in their heart
-Ecclesiastes 3:11

God placed a desire for eternity in man’s heart. The Amplified Bible explains this as “a divinely implanted sense of a purpose working through the ages which nothing under the sun but God alone can satisfy.” Deep within the heart of every person walking the earth today is this desire for eternity. Eternity is something everlasting in time, and also something absolutely perfect and complete in quality. Eternity is Christ.
Many have not received this One who is actually their very desire and longing (Haggai 2:7). At the same time, by His mercy, many have. However, even among those who have this sure salvation, whose destiny is the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2), how many can testify with a good conscience before God and man that the divinely implanted sense of purpose within them has been fulfilled, and that the dissatisfaction that was once in their heart, before they received the Lord, is no more? Why is it that, although we have the One who is eternity, there is yet a deeper longing for eternity in our heart?

Eyes
The eyes of your heart having been enlightened
-Ephesians 1:18

According to the Bible, man’s heart has eyes. However, unlike our physical eyes, the eyes of our heart can only see one thing: Christ. What a mercy that God has not only implanted in our heart a desire for Christ, who is eternity; He has also given us a heart which has the capacity to see this wonderful One whom we desire!
In both the physical and spiritual realms, it is an altogether normal condition to have the faculty of sight. However, according to the Bible, just as there exists a condition of blindness in the physical realm, there may exist in a believer a condition of blindness in the spiritual realm (Revelation 3:17). The cure to such a condition is “eyesalve to anoint your eyes that you may see” (Revelation 3:18). If we freely allow the anointing Spirit (1 John 2:27), who is the Lord Himself (1 Corinthians 15:45b) to shine in us, operate in us, and heal us, we will begin to “see all things clearly” (Mark 8:25).

A Home
That Christ may make His home in your hearts
-Ephesians 3:17

Yet, even with the eyes of our heart functioning properly, this deeper longing in our heart, expressed in Ecclesiastes 3:11, may still remain. This is because the Lord does not merely want us to see Him with the eyes of our heart. He wants us to open to Him and let Him live in our heart. We have the capacity to “see the King in His beauty” (Isaiah 33:11) so that we would appreciate Him, love Him, and allow Him into our heart. He wants to live in us and be found in us. He wants to be found in our thinking, so that our thinking would be His thinking (Philippians 2:5). In the same way He wants to live in our emotions (2 Corinthians 11:2). Further, He wants to live in our will, with all its desires and longings (Philippians 1:8). Lastly, He wants us to “exercise ourselves to always have a conscience without offense toward God and men” (Acts 24:16). The more we allow Christ, who is the Eternal One that our heart desires, to live in our heart- in our mind, emotion, will and conscience- the more we will find that our heart is satisfied. The very eternity our heart has longed for, and continues to long for, will live freely in our heart.

Highways to Zion
Blessed is the man… in whose heart are the highways to Zion
-Psalm 84:5

As our heart is increasingly enlightened by and filled with this wonderful Christ, we will find that we are on the highways to Zion. In our heart there will be glorious highways, leading us to Zion, which is the place where God dwells with man. If we remain on these highways, the Apostle John’s vision will one day be our reality; “And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand” (Revelation 14:1).

Oneness
And I will give them one heart
-Jeremiah 32:39

Zion, where God and man dwell together, is God’s deep longing, and it is our deep longing. The “divinely implanted sense of purpose” in our heart is for Zion, where God is one with His chosen people, and, where His chosen people are one with each other. Nearly all seeking Christians would testify that a profound longing, which lies in the depths of their heart, is that they would have “one heart” with all the other believers in Christ. The “one heart” is the reason why the Lord has planted in our heart this longing for something of eternal value, it is the reason He enlightens the eyes of our heart, and it is the reason He makes His home in our heart; “I in them… that they may be perfected into one” (John 17:23). Because the One whom our heart desires wants this, as He expressed in John 17, this profound oneness is the greatest satisfaction both to Him and to us. How sweet Psalm 133 is; “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in unity!” (Psalm 133:1).
- - - - - - - - -
Oh, how significant our heart is in the eyes of God! The reason we have a desire for something of eternal value is because God has put “eternity in (our) heart.” The reason we can see the Christ who is this Eternal One we desire is because we have “the eyes of (our) heart.” The more we see Him as He is, the more we realize that He wants to “make His home in (our) hearts.” The more He makes His home in our heart, the more the “highways to Zion” will be “in (our) heart.” As we travel on these blessed highways, we head towards God’s goal, which is a deep and through oneness with Him, and “one heart” among the believers. May we never ignore the longing for the “eternity,” including all its depth and purpose, that is “in our heart.”

2006/3/22 21:50

Re: The Heart of Man

Oh no ya don't ... ha. This was about to slip to page two.

This is VERY good. I can't possibly get to see every thread on here. Looka here now, it's almost 6 am and I'm still awake reading on here.

This site may just kill me yet. HA.

This is very good and I'm glad I stayed up to look further down the board to catch it.

It's my favorite type of message.

It's Jesus - Jesus - Jesus and LOTS of The Word.
He 'is' The Word - Sooooo.....

Wow, thank you Matt Collins. I clicking "save".
God Bless you.

Annie

2006/3/27 5:51
Graftedbranc

Re: The Heart of Man

Quote:
However, according to the Bible, just as there exists a condition of blindness in the physical realm, there may exist in a believer a condition of blindness in the spiritual realm (Revelation 3:17). The cure to such a condition is “eyesalve to anoint your eyes that you may see” (Revelation 3:18). If we freely allow the anointing Spirit (1 John 2:27), who is the Lord Himself (1 Corinthians 15:45b) to shine in us, operate in us, and heal us, we will begin to “see all things clearly” (Mark 8:25).

Amen brother,

We often think speaking of Christ, of the things of God and of spiritual matters are "out in left field". But in fact, they are quite normal. Every person has in his inmost being a spirit created by God and he is created by God to be a vessel and container to recieve and contain God.

Sin and the fall have deadened our spirit, alienated us from God and made us disfunctional with regards to the things of God. But nonetheless, we have eternity in our heart. We know we were created for more than what we see in front of us. We know that there is more to life than Self satisfaction and Self realization.

Graftedbranch

2006/3/27 17:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy