SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God Speak?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: Shepherd's voice

John 10:16 " And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd"

Does God speak? ALL THE TIME! I refuse to go through one day without fervently seeking the voice of my Lord. I am so ill equipped to carry this battle in my own strength, what kind of foolish commander sends out soldiers without orders?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Two examples from the Gospel of John:

1) The man born blind in ch. 9 does not see the man who anoints his eyes with clay, however he does hear the voice of Jesus. After been thrown out of the temple for defending his healer, Jesus SEEKS him OUT.

John 9:35-38 Jesus heard they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him " Do you believe in the Son of God?"
He answered and said, " Who is He that I may believe in Him?"
And Jesus said to him, " You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you."
Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he WORSHIPPED Him.

The Lord sought out the blind man who couldn't have identified the Lord in a line-up but who had heard His VOICE. Is it possible that during the interrogation of the Sanhedrin that the words of the Lord, "Go wash" echoed in his ears over and over? As his own family disowned him and his community excommunicated him the worship had already begun in his heart, "... surely this is a man of God for no sinner could ever work this miracle..."

2) I may not be a preacher per se but the Lord has given me a few messages to deliver. One of the most powerful for me is the moment, at the tomb, when the Lord reveals Himself to Mary. Mary is weeping so hard that her eyes could not see or recognize her Lord; whom she had just witnessed die a horrible, agonizing cruel death. I believe that her walk to the tomb, carrying the spices was one of tears. As she approched her Lord to perform what she believed to be her last act of SERVICE her heart was prepared to say good-bye.
However the Lord planned something else; while Mary is weeping, seeking the Lord's body to anoint He SPEAKS to her
John 20:16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!"
In that moment, for all time, throughout eternity, Mary Magdalene became the messenger to the messengers; the first to witness Christ resurrection. Why her? I have my message, because she served the Lord, no matter what the cost she was prepared to adorn His body with perfume and spices, an act of worship.

So what am I saying? Seek, with diligence, to serve and worship your Lord God and surely He will speak to you for what Father have we? The Lord has spoke to me, led me, and wrapped me in His arms, "... my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will prasie Him " Ps 28:7

His,

Rich

2006/3/22 18:59Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Esther Ahn Kim

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
Quote:

I just read the biography of a Korean Christian named Esther Ahn Kim. She was persecuted in Korea by the Japanese before and during WW2. She refused to bow before the Japanese Idols and was eventually thrown in prison for several years. Before she went to prison, she and another Christian went to Japan to warn them that if they did not turn from Idolatry, God was going to send fire from Heaven on them. They believe God gave them the message for the Japanese. Then 6 years later, when they refused to turn from idols, the US dropped several bombs on Japan. They believe this was the fulfillment of that warning of Judgement.

Do you think that she heard from God?

would someone give me their input on this person's story? What do you think? Thanks.

2006/3/22 21:03Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks Rich.

You gave a lot of good advice and information. I appreciate it.

2006/3/22 21:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy