Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Polls

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Polls

Hi Greg
From time to time I struggle a little with your poll questions. I have no doubt that it is my pedantry that causes me problems.

eg. 'ordained, practising homosexuals, biblical?'

I'm not sure that 'ordination' has anything at all to do with this issue. Personally, I don't lay any store by formal, or denominational ordination.

I have cast my vote, but really the question I have answered was 'is it possible to be a practising homosexual and to find authentication for that biblically'? I don't see any reason for isolating 'ordained' people in this poll.

2003/12/23 18:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Polls

Quote:
From time to time I struggle a little with your poll questions. I have no doubt that it is my pedantry that causes me problems.

I appreciate your peculair attention to detail, usually you bring out things I glaze glibly over. I don't see it profitable to remove the poll or change it, but I agree with the revision that you offered: 'is it possible to be a practising homosexual and to find authentication for that biblically'

In Canada there are alot of Churches that are allowing ministers, pastors, teachers, leaders who rule over groups of christians who are blatently practising homosexuality. The main reason for me making the poll is to see how many visitors to this site would agree with homosexuality as a normal in the christian life.

I would appreciate any poll questions that you think would be good for the future. ;-)

2003/12/23 19:38Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re: Polls

Hi Ron,
In theory I agree with you about men ordaining ALL homo's especially homosapiens. ;-) Only the Holy Spirit, can set a man(or woman) apart, to do the thing that God has created that person to do in this life.
However, after having said that; in the United States , to minister in certain areas( marriages, funerals, etc.) one must have a piece of paper( licence/ordination certificate) recognizing his calling or status from a third party(normally a local church).Also, I understand that there are certain rules for ministers claiming various deductions on their income taxes. 8-)
So,here's what I propose, based on the valid assumption that Greg is straight: :-D
1. Find Greg a good Seminary (near Tallahassee, Florida), so that he can sharpen his axe. I heard of one either in Graceville, or Chipley Florida (I think). Either place is about 1/2 to 3/4 hr. drive to Tallahassee. ;-)
2. Let the Holy Spirit lead him (once he gets as smart as Ron Bailey)as to whether he'll ACCEPT any of those man created evidences, of his God given qualifications. ;-)
3. Get somebody to teach him the correct pronunciation of " Roll Tide". Then folks will think he's a native, being as how he already looks the part. :-D
Clutch :-P

2003/12/23 19:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy