Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Logic

Hell

Could I sugjest that Hell is the unsaved being stuck in their dead body 6 feet in the ground untill the great judgment.

Then the earth will be destroyed as we read in Rev. 21:1, when all the dead have been cast to the lake of fire and all the liveing are with Jesus, then the grave is destroyed.

Hell: The grave
The word hell is an old word of Celtic and Norse origin.
Celtic: hidden, a place of the unseen, or a buried storage.

Norse: Hell, the goddess of the under ground.

sheol: Hebrew for hell

hadees: Greek for hell;
Death and Hadees will be delivered up Rev. 20: 13.
Hadees is to be destroyed. I Cor. 15: 55; & Rev. 20: 14.

Therefore Hadees is of temporary duration.

tartarus:
2Peter 2: 4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to Hell(Tartarus), and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."
And
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Since the devil and his angles have no body to be stuck in 6Ft. underground, they would need a place of holding untill the judgment to the lake of fire.

gehenna: Originally the Valley of Hinnom, Traditional teaching is that this valley, outside of Jerusalem, was a dump that constantly burned as more trash was placed in it and is refering to the lake of fire.

This is only an Idea that I have pondered.

2006/3/20 14:57Profile

Re: Hell

Jesus taught more on hell than on heaven. Hell is described as a lake of fire, a place of wailing and nashing of teeth. A place of torment.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto [b]them[/b] on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels...

Who is this talking about? Unsaved people. Particularly those who thought they were believers but were not.

So your theory is flawed. The inerrant Word of God does in fact teach that the unsaved will spend eternity in hell. Not the grave.

Krispy

2006/3/20 15:04
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re: Hell

Hello Logic,

Right idea, right path. I wonder who described hell as a 'lake of fire' Jesus or the translators.

Matt 25:41
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: KJV

Have you ever noticed that the everlasting fire was prepared for the devil and his angels, not man. The Lord is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 KJV

But He will let us have what we choose.

John 3:17-19

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
KJV

Jeff

2006/3/20 19:51Profile
jimbob

Re:

KK,

Jude 7 "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around the, since they indulged in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example, in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

Is there a place over in the middle east right now that is literally eternally burning? If that fire that burnt S&G is eternal fire then it should be still going on right now correct? Or maybe, just maybe, the Bible speaks metaphorically sometimes.

2006/3/20 20:44Profile

Re:

What about the rich man and Lazarus? Many hell deniers overlook this in the bible, but Jesus taught about it, and NO, it was NOT a parable. If it were, the bible would have said it was. Right?

2006/3/20 21:15

Re:

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels...

Deny scripture and call Jesus a liar if you wish... I choose to believe Him.

Krispy

2006/3/20 21:17

Re:

Quote:
I wonder who described hell as a 'lake of fire' Jesus or the translators.

Ah, so there is no truth? How do we know what to believe in our Bibles? We can't, right?

Krispy

2006/3/20 21:19
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Krispy,

I was just wondering, if Jesus didn't speak English, then where did the connection come from between the lake of fire which is real and hell which is real?

Jeff

2006/3/20 21:59Profile
jimbob

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels...

Deny scripture and call Jesus a liar if you wish... I choose to believe Him.

Krispy

Nobody is "denying scripture" or calling Jesus a liar, so how about knocking off the accusations at people that may not agree with your particular brand of hermeneutics? Do you claim infallabilty when it comes to all Biblical understanding?

BTW the doctrine of hell fire never saved anyone, that would be the doctrine of Christ.

2006/3/21 2:59Profile
Logic

Re:

I'm sorry, I meant that the dead are are stuck in their dead bodies untill the judgment and then they are sent to the lake of fire for eterity.

2006/3/21 8:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy