SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question About the Conflict Between Jews and Arabs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Figurative or literal?

The difference I see here between Ironman's understanding of the OT prophecies and jimbob is: are these OT scriptures Ironman posted to be taken literally or are they figurative? The method of interpretation is what causes so many disagreements concerning prophecy...

Perhaps it might be best to allow the context to determine how a portion is to be understood...consider phrases like "it shall be", "like as", "will be".....to determine the meaning. And forget about other writers, they do more to confuse one then anything else.

ginnyrose

2006/3/21 23:29Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis ginnyrose
well i'm a literalist, i'm not the brightest colour in the box so that's where i begin from and should the Lord show me different then so be it. Thus far He's given me no reason to believe that any of those prophecies in Zechariah have come true yet.

2006/3/22 10:57Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Here is the issue of this thread, Jews and arabs,who was given the promise land from God.well this is comparing apples and oranges,frist lets get one thing in order here! do they both worship the same God??? No, then here is the problem the fact lie's with the misunderstanding,of the poster! queastion! which God? did promise the land to? was it the God of moses,issac jacob? or the god of musa,ishaq,or yaqub? answer this frist who is the real God speaking the promise! to what people, because you are cunfussing the real God of the torah,with the false of the koran!

2006/3/22 19:11Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. the 1 true God.

2006/3/22 19:59Profile

Re:

Ironman said:

Quote:
well i'm a literalist

Ironman, don't you dare get spiritual with this verse than, if you say you are a literalist than be one, don't jump back and forth and say that this verse is spiritual.

Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

As a literalist, you must obey that verse. As I said, don't get spiritual because your not a spiritualist, you said that you are a literalist, so stick to your guns.

2006/3/22 21:00
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

Healingwaters wrote:
Ironman said:
Quote:
well i'm a literalist

Ironman, don't you dare get spiritual with this verse than, if you say you are a literalist than be one, don't jump back and forth and say that this verse is spiritual.

Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

As a literalist, you must obey that verse. As I said, don't get spiritual because your not a spiritualist, you said that you are a literalist, so stick to your guns.

are you suggesting that he should cut off his hand? Ick.

2006/3/22 21:20Profile

Re:Definitely Literal.

Please read slowly and with a high-lighter Zechariah chpt.s 12 through 14.

2006/3/22 21:52
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Karl
in my post i said that i was a literalist concering the prophecies of Zechariah which i'd brought up in this discussion. i didn't bring up the scripture that you brought up though, that's a whole other story bro.

2006/3/23 0:18Profile

Re:

Zechariah 12-14 are so obvious and they are just a small part of the promises The Lord made to preserve and deliver Israel.

The problem I see is when we say, if they're not saved NOW, they are "none of His" but God is Clear, that 1/3 are His and He is going to preserve them until His coming. He knows who His Elect or Remnant are, so we must not judge ... or "boast ourselves against the natural branches".

That is when they will look upon Him who they have pierced and will be saved.

Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

This is not Dispensationalism or Darbyism ... it's God's Word.

2006/3/23 0:46
IRONMAN

Re:

sis annie
and this is just what i was getting at. The Lord spoke these things to Zechariah and they have yet to come to pass. this says to me there is still a separate agenda for the Jews which is intimately inteertwined with God's agenda for the gentiles. the full number of gentiles has not yet come into the fold. when that happens we will then be able to provoke the Jew to jealousy unto repentance and salvation. We the Church have not replaced the Jews as is commonly thought and taught. and i think that that spirit is what brings this boasting against the natural branches (which is another distinction between Jew and gentile on this side for a time)

that's what the word says and i guess i'm foolish enough to believe it as is.

2006/3/23 11:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy