SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for street preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Please pray for street preaching

I would like some prayer for the ministering we do on the street here. I have been running into more and more opposition. It was just people, but now the police seem to be coming down on us. Last weekend they warned us about being to loud when preaching, this weekend it was another warning even though I think I was much quieter than last weekend. He said I could not speak above a normal tone. I need to look this up but I think the police officer was just making it up. What he threatened me with was disorderly conduct.

I know the law here says that you can use an amp but it cannot be heard more than 50 feet. He was saying I can't be heard more than what is about 10 feet without an amp! Something is not right here... I of course will not stop preaching. First I am going to check out the laws and go from there...

2006/3/18 3:18Profile
roadsign

Re: Please pray for street preaching

Quote:
Something is not right here...

As I read through your words I suspected that the resistance has nothing to do with amps and decibels, but with the voice of CONSCIENCE. Your message is just too "noisy".

May God soften hearts and bring Holy Spirit conviction that leads to genuine repentance.

May God have victory through your preaching, PreachParsley, which is really not YOUR voice, but His.

"How blessed are the feet of them that bring GOOD NEWS!"
Diane

2006/3/18 8:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Please pray for street preaching

Preach, will be praying here. In addition to searching out what the law says, one thing you may want to do is go to the precinct station where you are ministrering and ask to speak with the captain or whoever is in charge there. Simply tell him what it is you want to do and ask him what his concerns might be and what things you need to be aware of in regards to the law. Then you will be clear on where you stand and you can relate your discussion to the officer on the street.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/3/18 8:39Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

That's a great idea. Since I am off next week, I will do that. I have called the station before and talked to them about the laws and there was no mention of being too loud without and amp. Actually if I remember right they didn't mention any restrictions.

Yes, it is the voice of conscience.

It started out last week. They gave a warning because of a "Christian" club owner complained about me. If she was so "Christian" I wish she would have let me just speak inside of the club! Then last night, the told me I couldn't stand on any "man made objects." So I just stood on my stool. They stood around and watched for awhile, while I was preaching at a normal "preaching" tone. Everytime someone would come up to me and touch me in any way (even just grab my arm a few times to get my attention) they would make them leave. That was very frustrating. Then an hour or so later they warned me about being too loud.

I few weeks ago I at the Marti Gras they had here, I had about 7 policemen standing around listening to my preaching, and I was giving it all I had to make sure people could hear. They of course didn't say anything.

2006/3/18 13:06Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Acts 4:29
"Now Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word"....

Praying for you,
ruthiepoothie

2006/3/18 17:13Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
In addition to searching out what the law says, one thing you may want to do is go to the precinct station where you are ministrering and ask to speak with the captain or whoever is in charge there.

I went to the police station yesterday. I talked to a lieutenant and he said there is no law prohibiting my preaching. He said that he didn't see how they could get me for disorderly conduct. The Lieutenant was very nice. He even made me a copy of the laws that pertain to what I am doing. There are actually no laws that pertain to public speaking [i]without[/i] an amplifier.

I will be going out tomorrow night and I plan on preaching. Please pray that the police do not try bully tactics on me. I am hoping that since I went to the station that maybe it will make its way down to the other officers that patrol down there.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

God Bless,

Josh Parsley

2006/3/23 22:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy