Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : 2 cents

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
TS

2 cents

Hello;

I could not stay quiet after reading through this talk on revival. In particular a statement by Krispy..."Thank the Lord I have renounced the WOF/Charismatic Movement. The revival I seek comes with tears of repentance... not signs and wonders" (reference Luke 18:11 at bottom of this note..sound familiar?)... this leads me to ask a question. How can a Body that is chopped up into pieces..i.e. those that used to belong to the WOF (not sure what that is but am assuming it is a part of the Body or those belonging to the Charismatic movement but now do not...or I used to be a fundamental, conservative christian that believed the Holy Spirit stopped moving in gifts, signs and wonders but now I do...how can we collectively ever seek revival?

They will know we are christians by our love? Who will know? If people at large cannot see our love for each other and people within the Body can see a lot of divisiveness but little Love...why do we assume that God our Father would see love and reward us with a revival? What would he be reviving...Babtists to be better Babtists? Charismatics to be better Charismatics? or would it be for the conservative (or re-conservative?) christian like Krispy and so many others...revived so that they can do a better job of slamming a part of the Body that they were personally hurt in and now want nothing to do with?

We "christians" are arrogant and selfish...what is the difference between signs and wonders and revival? Is revival itself not a sign...is it not a wonder? That the Father of Mercy would light hearts on fire towards repentance unto salvation; certainly this would qualify as both a sign and a wonder.

I am frustrated that we are not seeing the humble man able to heal, raise the dead or prophecy with the certainty that the old testament prophets did. But the Bible says these things are to be...so I must believe that they will be and not become offended that I do not see it yet...but in fact seem to see a lot of the opposite...false prophets who are cocky...self-serving and misleading...selling the "word" of the day to any who will jump in and buy it. I am convinced that we will most assuredly not see revival until we see judgment. When judgment comes we will see the 255,000 christian denominations floored...devestated and ultimately totally destroyed. Out of these ashes the true Church will arise...one that will be as the first century church was...willing to die for their faith...willing to live for their brother. Let us not pray for revival but for judgment where it will be as a drunken man slapped out of his stupor and made to face the grim reality of his existence...such is the state of this "church" clamoring for revival.

What would a good American do with revival if it hit him in the face? Would he give a little more in the plate on Sunday? Would he go to church a couple more times a week? Would he downsize from his Lexus to a Ford? I know he would definitely cut out 5-10 hours of televisions entertainment from his budget of 25 hours a week of TV. Or would we simply "recieve" the Glory as it falls...so self absorbed that we bask in the Glory yet fail to smile at the person we run into on the way out of the church?

We seek revival without knowing how far we are from the Holy God. We have not stopped yet to thank him truly for the freedom He has given us over the past 230 years...instead of thanks we have become proud, expectant and indifferent to how dirty we are. We did not stand as a Body unified against the onslaught of evil that has come these past 50 years. We were silent and compromising when the Lawmakers took prayer out of school...why did we not pull our children out until they repealed the Law? We had no back bone...too busy beginning the trend towards materialism. Why did we not offer love to the messed up generation that revolted in the 60's? The only love we offered was if you change you can become a "christian"...first cut your hair...stop your smoking, drinking and "free love" sex life and then we will let you into our church. Christ would have done no such thing...FIRST he would have loved them and then after they accepted the love the Holy Spirit would have led them down the path of sanctification. Where was the church when as a result of the previous mistake...(the church's legalism and pride not connecting with the "hippie generation") free love became the foundation for "free murder"..or abortion? If the church had loved, had stood in the gap for the unborn of that day...if they had stood with open arms to the girls pregnant and desperate for help, offering on a nation wide basis to adopt any child that was not wanted...helping the mother; loving her until the baby came, then adopting the child if the mother still was inclined to give the baby away...we may never have had a "Roe vs. Wade" and the consequential death of over 40 million babies in America over the past 30 odd years. Instead because the church, doing the right thing could have stopped the death of millions of babies and instead adopted them into christian homes, we then would have filled the world with millions of christians, stolen as they were from the world and redeemed into the Body of Christ. But no; we as a body turned a deaf ear to the cries and a blind eye to the need...driving us further down the road of decay. The church has become nothing...no flavor...no power...no love. All structures/systems seem out for themselves, pushing their own agendas with the verbage taken from the Bible to sway the masses...out to profit from the name above all names.

Yet we have the audacity to cry for revival without ever acknowledging the sin we live in.

Just to give some scripture to think on, here is a chapter in Luke that speaks much to the condition we as a body are in: quick to point out the errors of others...very slow to face the depravity of our own hearts.

Luke 18: "I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [[h]persistence in] faith on the earth?"

Will He find Faith on the earth when he comes...faith is hope for things unseen, signs..wonders maybe? Faith is realizing our frailty, acknowledging our filthiness and personally applying the Blood of the Cross to it. Faith is not concerned with denominational differences, it is not belief that I have the answers and another group does not. It simply is falling on the ground in our misery and crying to God for the mercy he has already given. If we all did this we would not have to wait for judgment to bring revival...each in his own turn would be revived. This however is not the trend of man...we are stubborn, hard hearted and bent on rebellion...Judge us O' Lord before it is too late.

and the whole chapter for any to read:

Luke 18 (Amplified Bible)
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Luke 18
1ALSO [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to [a]turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).
2He said, In a certain city there was a judge who neither reverenced and feared God nor respected or considered man.

3And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, Protect and defend and give me justice against my adversary.

4And for a time he would not; but later he said to himself, Though I have neither reverence or fear for God nor respect or consideration for man,

5Yet because this widow continues to bother me, I will defend and protect and avenge her, lest she give me [b]intolerable annoyance and wear me out by her continual coming or [c]at the last she come and rail on me or [d]assault me or [e]strangle me.

6Then the Lord said, Listen to what the unjust judge says!

7And will not [our just] God defend and protect and avenge His elect (His chosen ones), who cry to Him day and night? Will He [f]defer them and [g]delay help on their behalf?

8I tell you, He will defend and protect and avenge them speedily. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [[h]persistence in] faith on the earth?

9He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves and were confident that they were righteous [that they were upright and in right standing with God] and scorned and made nothing of all the rest of men:

10Two men went up into the temple [[i]enclosure] to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.

11The Pharisee [j]took his stand ostentatiously and began to pray thus before and with himself: God, I thank You that I am not like the rest of men--extortioners (robbers), swindlers [unrighteous in heart and life], adulterers--or even like this tax collector here.

12I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I gain.

13But the tax collector, [merely] standing at a distance, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but kept striking his breast, saying, O God, be favorable (be gracious, be merciful) to me, the [k]especially wicked sinner that I am!

14I tell you, this man went down to his home justified (forgiven and made upright and in right standing with God), rather than the other man; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

15Now they were also bringing [even] babies to Him that He might touch them, and when the disciples noticed it, they reproved them.

16But Jesus called them [[l]the parents] to Him, saying, Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for to such [as these] belongs the kingdom of God.

17Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] shall not in any way enter it [at all].

18And a certain ruler asked Him, Good Teacher [You who are [m]essentially and perfectly [n]morally good], what shall I do to inherit eternal life [to partake of eternal salvation in the Messiah's kingdom]?

19Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me [[o]essentially and perfectly [p]morally] good? No one is [[q]essentially and perfectly [r]morally] good--except God only.

20You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not witness falsely, honor your father and your mother.(A)

21And he replied, All these I have kept from my youth.

22And when Jesus heard it, He said to him, One thing you still lack. Sell everything that you have and [s]divide [the money] among the poor, and you will have [rich] treasure in heaven; and come back [and] follow Me [become My disciple, join My party, and accompany Me].

23But when he heard this, he became distressed and very sorrowful, for he was rich--exceedingly so.

24Jesus, observing him, said, How difficult it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!

25For it is easier for a camel to enter through a needle's eye than [for] a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

26And those who heard it said, Then who can be saved?

27But He said, What is impossible with men is possible with God.(B)

28And Peter said, See, we have left our own [things--home, family, and business] and have followed You.

29And He said to them, I say to you truly, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God

30Who will not receive in return many times more in this world and, in the coming age, eternal life.

31Then taking the Twelve [apostles] aside, He said to them, Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written about the Son of Man through and by the prophets will be fulfilled.(C)

32For He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be made sport of and scoffed and jeered at and insulted and spit upon.(D)

33They will flog Him and kill Him; and on the third day He will rise again.(E)

34But they understood nothing of these things; His words were a mystery and hidden from them, and they did not comprehend what He was telling them.

35As He came near to Jericho, it occurred that a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging.

36And hearing a crowd going by, he asked what it meant.

37They told him, Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.

38And he shouted, saying, Jesus, Son of David, take pity and have mercy on me!

39But those who were in front reproved him, telling him to keep quiet; yet he [t]screamed and shrieked so much the more, Son of David, take pity and have mercy on me!

40Then Jesus stood still and ordered that he be led to Him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him,

41What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, let me receive my sight!

42And Jesus said to him, Receive your sight! Your faith ([u]your trust and confidence that spring from your faith in God) has healed you.

43And instantly he received his sight and began to follow Jesus, [v]recognizing, praising, and honoring God; and all the people, when they saw it, praised God.

TS

2006/3/18 2:34Profile

Re: 2 cents

TS, that was more than 2 cents of mud slinging.

Why have you singled out Krispy ?

The WOF movement is the Prosperity Doctrine that you have just condemned yourself with your own post.

And still the "Heart of God" for OTHERS is missing in your post, just as many who seek "this revival" are missing in Christ's Words to "go out into the highways and bi-ways and compel them to come in".

"Give me souls or I shall die" is the cry of Christ's heart and not more "talk" and self-righteous mud-slinging.

All I see in these dissertations are prayers and Scriptures aimed at "self" and not for 'The Witness' to the lost that watch our posts as we type them and are waiting out in the hospitals, and Nursing Homes, and Orphanages, and Prisons, and Homeless Shelters, and all over the globe for us to witness Christ's Love, compassion and Salvation to them.

Where is this TS and could you not find one post on that whole Revival thread that you could have used as an example of what Jesus' Heart is crying out for, or only what our own lazy, self-righteous hearts desire for spiritual glamore ?

"Love" is not mud-slinging to show what "Love" is .... it is being a sheep found in John 10 and,

[color=CC3300][b]Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [/b][/color]

2006/3/18 6:37
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

TS,

Quote "Faith is not concerned with denominational differences". The Word of Faith message is Another Gospel. Not the message Jesus preached. That is why Jesus, Paul and Peter were constantly warning us to be on our guard against false doctrines, false apostles, false teachers and false brethren. Being concerned about a false doctrine that is sweeping thousands of "Christians" down the garden path is most certainly a concern of the faith.

Murray

2006/3/18 7:17Profile

Quote:
Being concerned about a false doctrine that is sweeping thousands of "Christians" down the garden path is most certainly a concern of the faith.

Murray, thanks for the statement... I'm a bit hazy on the details, but I know some of it is just a hair's breadth away from truth, and that makes it particularly difficult to extract oneself from.

Annie,

You could have found something positive in the leading post.... could you not? I certainly didn't hear TS setting him/herself [i]apart[/i] from the attitudes criticised.

And I think we all have our own reasons for being on the computer. This is where the discussion takes place, whether we can, do, or don't go out and show love to the world in a practical way.

I'd be very surprised if there are people in SI who literally [u]never[/u] do anything for the poor and needy. That is not to say it will ever be enough. We know it will not. But, we have to do what the Holy Spirit prompts, at least, if not much more. (That is another discussion.)

I haven't read the whole Revival Idolatry thread but even the title needs to be taken into account when 'hearing' the cry from TS in its true context (who said:)....

Quote:
They will know [b]we[/b] are christians by our love? Who will know?

He includes himself there. (Remember, the discussion is not '[i][b]how[/b][/i] will they know?')

Quote:
[b]We[/b] "christians" are arrogant and selfish...what is the difference between signs and wonders and revival? Is revival itself not a sign...is it not a wonder? That the Father of Mercy would light hearts on fire towards repentance unto salvation; certainly this would qualify as both a sign and a wonder.

I, too, was concerned by the statement which TS challenges here, especially as (I am) one who [i][b]seeks[/b][/i] to move in the spirituals.

Quote:
We seek revival without knowing how far we are from the Holy God.....

This is the leading sentence in a paragraph containing an important series of rhetorical questions.

One might suggest TS is being idealistic.... that these things were bound to occur sooner or later .... that they are prophesied by scriture .... If so, the question [i]remains[/i] as to how true Christians should respond to these opportunities to resist the rise of secularism..... or, we could just call it sin?

Just for the record, TS said
Quote:
like Krispy [u]and so many others[/u]

in his second paragraph. Krispy has taken part in that thread and thereby lays himself open to comment - as do [u]we[/u], here.

TS,
Quote:
I am frustrated that we are not seeing the humble man able to heal, raise the dead or prophecy with the certainty that the old testament prophets did. But the Bible says these things are to be...so I must believe that they will be and not become offended that I do not see it yet...

These things do happen in some places in the world, as I understand it, usually where the opposition to truth is more overt... where Christians are living under threat of prison or death.

Quote:
Let us not pray for revival but for judgment where it will be as a drunken man slapped out of his stupor and made to face the grim reality of his existence...such is the state of this "church" clamoring for revival.

What would a good American do with revival if it hit him in the face?

When I was a teenager, I was challenged by a very similar question to this, by a peer, a girl whose father was a minister of a Presbyterian church. As my father was a missionary, up till then, I thought I had nothing to worry about!!!!! It was one of the first and [u]most sobering[/u] moments in my spiritual life! [i][b]Would[/b][/i] I know if God spoke to me? Hmmm. I really didn't know. It became a milestone in my thinking - that she had said one [i]could know[/i] but one that [i][b]might not[/b] [/i] know, was also possible....? If ever the [u]ears[/u] of my heart were opened, it was at that moment.

Annie,

It may not be possible to have a vigorous discussion about anything that really matters to God, (and us all) without hearing a few home truths, but, I didn't hear 'mud slinging' in TS's post. I heard his(her) heart and the Holy Spirit, [i][b]crying out[/b][/i] for a deeper level of objectivity/honesty about 'ourselves' and, I heard God calling us [i][b]upwards[/b][/i], away from [u]the world and its systems[/u]

Maybe I'm particularly susceptible to hearing/recognising this call, as it's what God has been saying to me over the last twenty years..... not on the same points He has to you, Annie. It sounded to me as if you were challenging it, but maybe you 'heard' other things. We all listen differently.

And maybe we should get used to appearing to disagree in some discussions here. It is only possible to say one thing at a time, after all and I trust [u]our agreement[/u] on many other vital Church issues..... However, without doubt we are different parts of the Body, and I don't expect to 'see' what you see; and as a result, I don't expect to 'sound' like you, either. :-P

[i]Some[/i] people [i]are[/i] going to speak with a trumpet voice (to the Church), and that is their obedience to the Lord. What they do in private, when their right hand shouldn't know what their left hand is doing, will also come to light one day, but the Lord will judge that.

Finally, I should say that as a mostly out-of-church Christian who is not in the US, I cannot comment on the state of the American church. But, I think it takes a certain amount of God-given bravery for an American to be so bold, and I respect any attempt to speak out what God has given to such an heart.

2006/3/18 7:48

Re:

Oops, have to break a promise I made to someone that I'd go to bed. It appears while I was promising that, some much activity took place in my fussing with emails.

Krispy did not have to be singled out for anyone to make their long point here. All are welcome to discourse for pages.

And make their posts as long as they desire, as you did.

That much answers your question if I could not find something positive in the "leading post".

What may be "another discussion" is already in the Word. We are commanded to be His Ambassadors. His representives on earth, by whatever means possible to us. And He is more than willing to show us where to go if we'd open our ears long enough to hear Him.

I am well aware where there are "healings and prophecies" and they are MOSTLY seen on the MISSION fields, not in our complacent seats of self absorption.

Maybe you should read that whole Revival thread to see what became of it and why I thought singling out Krispy from the mess it turned into was the strange part.

We are "far from the Holy God" because we are self-consumed and are not "others minded".
He took no thought for Himself, and if we tried that, we may see something happen in this world.

We don't "move in the spirituals" until we get our minds off of ourselves and our own brightness and be poured out like a drink offering for the LORD'S NAME for OTHERS.

Living sacrifices, until we suffer in our flesh, as Paul did. And all the Saints we read of in the Early Church in the Book of Acts ... all else is vain jangling.

If we have to pray for or wait for "judgment" to get off of our seats and live out our Christianity while we still have the "freedom" to do so, the judgment is when we will not have that freedom and it will be too late.

Anytime a person posts strictly Scripture, I praise my God ... but when speaking on "revival" and not including the Lost and using only those verses that point to self ... that is not enough for me and neither was using another posters name to launch a diatribe.

Yes, we do see differently and I except that, as I did on Joshua's thread ... but I try to deal as much in private on these issues when I can.

My passion is for the short time we have left to be a Witness and to eleviate the suffering around me, I cannot change that ... but I've seen this "tarrying" thing go on for 30 years and the smart ones from back then are on the streets now, DOING SOMETHING.

I believe we are not supposed to be comfortable.

Yes, I have a bed ... but I eat one meal a day and give every waking hour to God. Against Dr.s orders ... I want to burn out for Jesus and not be divided up on the side of the goats of those red scripture verses given above and don't want anyone else here to be neither.

Talk is cheap sister and that is my conclusion to the matter.

My sheep know My Voice and Follow.

Heb 6:1,2 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

We constantly talk about "repentence" ... what on earth are we all doing out there, that we need to "find repentence" still ?

Repentence is a constant mind set, not something we wait for and "then" we may have a move of God.
We should have gone on by now into the deeper things. By serving the Master and dying to our comforts and self-pampering and selfish times.

How much longer can we wait to do all of these things you've quoted ?

The Trumpet is the few prophets that have no problem with just sticking to the Word of God and not waiting for Christ to die again and send another Pentecost.

But we don't want just the Word anymore, we need to add our own.

You heard one thing in that opening statement up top, I heard another.

And the trumpet I'm hearing is only those that line up completely with His Word.
Those out on the battle field.

I also heard Krispy crying out to be set on his face.

2006/3/18 8:36

[b]'Deep calleth unto deep...'[/b]

2006/3/18 9:28
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Hi TS,

Please take time and hear this message: [b][url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1628]The Redeemer Is Returning To Zion[/url][/b]

2006/3/18 10:24Profile

Tears_of_Joy,

Thanks. I've just started to read the text version of this. It dates from 1982 in Canada, and ties in very well with Rahman's thread on poverty (I think).

When I read TS's post, the part of a verse which came to me was 'the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard.' I didn't know where to find it, but, this David Wilkerson message is based partly on that chapter in Isaiah (59). Here's the verse from Young's:

19 And they fear from the west the name of Jehovah,
And from the rising of the sun--His honour,
When come in as a flood doth an adversary,
The Spirit of Jehovah hath raised an ensign against him.

2006/3/18 11:23
TS

Re:

Hello;
Being new to this on-line forum and not very smart it seems, I started a new thread to respond to this thread (this post originally posted on the Revival Idolaty discussion-put on here to try and meld the two together)...it is in the lounge under "2 cents" I did not mean to start a new line of thought but to continue along this line of "Revival Idolatry".

Also it seems that my comments about quote from Krispy's response is causing some to be hurt. I apologize for this happening but am under the belief that if we all just agree with everyone than what is the substance of our discussion. Certainly I have no personal "thing" against anyone on this forum...I do however have many different thoughts than what seems conventional to most.

I am touched and it brought tears to my eyes that some of the readers caught a glimpse of my heart towards the way things are...even amidst the poorly written words. I struggle so much with my walk in regards to how evil my own heart is and how callous I am to the Grace and Mercy of the Lord. If only we could connect with each other and see where we each have walked to make us who we are.

I meant no harm. It truly is amazing and comforting to know that we are all in the same boat....WE JUST WANT COMMUNION WITH GOD, and our hearts will not be content until it is as it was in the Garden when we will walk and talk and enjoy the relationship God meant for us.

Hopefully sparks can fly on-line and a fire could be caught...the Fire of the Most Holy.

Blessings
TS

2006/3/18 15:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
Annie,

It may not be possible to have a vigorous discussion about anything that really matters to God, (and us all) without hearing a few home truths, but, I didn't hear 'mud slinging' in TS's post. I heard his(her) heart and the Holy Spirit, crying out for a deeper level of objectivity/honesty about 'ourselves' and, I heard God calling us upwards, away from the world and its systems

Amen! That's what I saw.

Quote:
Krispy did not have to be singled out for anyone to make their long point here. All are welcome to discourse for pages.

Well, I think he/she didn't mean to single at Krispy, but he does make himself known on the situation. And at the same time, I don't think that the 'root' of the issue is the 'WOF' movement. Weither right or wrong, that's not the discussion.

The post is about 'do you love your brother. or do you throw a rod before anything'. And in all truth. we are to love ALL mankind, everyone, Pharisees, demon-possessed, and hard-hearted sinner, we are to love them all the same. But to TS it seems that we aren't known for our love, and I think ANYONE with eyes (natural) can see that we (as a whole) don't have that love. It's EVEN rare among the 'remnant' of God's saints.

Quote:
Talk is cheap sister and that is my conclusion to the matter.

(Annie said)

Only if that would be preached!!

Now, I had a vision of a 'drama skit' while I was reading TS's post. I thought it was quite meaningful and I will definatly be be praying that someone may use it.

Imagine 2 Christians debating. Yelling at each others, over lunch. And then someone comes in and points the gun to one of their heads. And says 'Prepare to die'. The shotter, has no motives, just mad. And the other Christian, in a split second pushes the other guy out of the way and gets shot instead, and then the shooter kills both of them.(skit over)

Would you be willing to take a bullet for the one you 'condemn' or debate?

This convicted me. Not because of the 'church prophesy' some of you know about, in my life. But instead it reminded me of a time when I used to debate this Calvinist over Calvinism and Arminianism. I never even heard of each belief system until I met him, but none-the-less I defended my little knowledge of both and he classified me as an Arminian. We debated for HOURS, NUMEROUS HOURS. I wasted time with him, we were at numerous points yelling at our computers (debates were online, and I knew him personally) And I thought to myself during most of the times 'I'm wasting my time, we need to do something together.....and... do I really love this kid?' The answer was no then. Now, would it be different, with much denial of self, I think it would be possible. (And I pray that God will finish the work He started on loving people UNCONITIONALLY)

To really take the bullet for someone (like in the scene above) you have to FULLY love that person. You can't 'somewhat' love them, like my feelings for that young brother. When a split second decision is made, that's when you find out what your made of. Your TRUE feelings. If you hesistate, you will miss your time to act and the other person will die. You must be, again, FULLY conviced of your love for the brethern. And I think Wesley, Wigglesworth, Lake, Edwards, Murray, Wilkerson and any 'revivalist' that saw people come into the Kingdom and preach 'hard' messages, HAD that man-tality. If not(not saying i'm wrong, but just trying to make a point), may God give us what they didn't have! THAT HEART OF LOVE

My heart's prayer: Lord I PRAY! Take off our religious masks, me personally with that 'calivinist' but above all, God work in our lives indivually so that we may LOVE one another above all.

That we will seek Love ABOVE! being 'right'. And seek Truth earnestly, but let's COVET love! Let it be our hearts Father. Being 'right' will fail, but LOVE [b]never[/b] fails!

2006/3/18 16:18

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy