Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Prayer Request

Brethren, I truly delight to know that there are many who pray here so I post this hoping that the Lord will burden those He would.
One of my wife's co-workers named Brian is very ill, and is in the hospital. He has some sort of infection in or around his heart, as well as a very bad staph infection.
He is not a Christian, and is in fact a homosexual. His friend he lived with has left him since he is ill, and he really has no one. I see this as a good thing, and an opportunity for God to get hold of him. It grieves me very deeply because I know that there would be some (not here I hope) who would say "He's a sodomite, let him be" but anyone who practises any sin is a sinner, whether it be adultery or homosexuality.
I just ask that you would pray for him to repent, not so much for his healing, but first and foremost his repentance.
Thank you all SI family,
Patrick

2006/3/17 13:58Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Prayer Request

Hi roaringlamb...

I am praying for Brian, his family, and this entire situation. God's love is so great -- it is even perfect toward men and women mired in sin.

It is an awesome thing to realize that God loves this homosexual man JUST AS MUCH as He loves a man of God like David Wilkerson. My prayer is that Brian will wholeheartedly turn to Christ and forsake all things of this world (including homosexuality or lust).

Quote:
[b]Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus[/b]
[i]by Helen H. Lemmel, 1922[/i]

[i]Verse 1[/i]:
O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

[i]Chorus[/i]:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full to His wonderful face
And the things of Earth
will grow strangely dim
In the light of his mercy and grace.

[i]Verse 2[/i]:
Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion—
For more than conquerors we are!

[i]Chorus[/i]:
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full to His wonderful face
And the things of Earth
will grow strangely dim
In the light of his mercy and grace.

:-)

Romans 5:8

2006/3/17 14:13Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I always think of William Booth standing out in front of brothels, and shouting "God hates your sin, but He loves your soul" and the patrons as well as the prostitutes would stream out to hear how this could be.
Sometimes we forget just how great our salvation is, and the power of God to transform a life. It's almost like we become numb to it.

2006/3/17 14:20Profile
My_Daughter

Re:

Quote;

Sometimes we forget just how great our salvation is, and the power of God to transform a life. It's almost like we become numb to it.

Hosea 2:14

-14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her. Will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her.
-15 I will give her her vineyards from there, And the valley of Achor as a door of hope; She shall sing there, As in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.
-16 And it shall be, in that day, Says the Lord, That you will call Me My Husband, and no longer call Me My Master,
-17 For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals, And they shall be remembered by their name no more.
-18 In that day I will make a covenant for them With the beast of the field, With the birds of the air, And with the creeping things of the ground. Bow and Sword of battle I WILL SHATTER from the earth, To make them lie down safely.
-19 I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will bethroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, In lovingkindness and mercy;
-20 I will bethroth you to Me in faithfulness, And you shall know the Lord.
-21 It shall come to pass in that day That I will answer, says the Lord; I will answer the heavens, And they shall answer the earth.

2006/3/17 15:09Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I must clear something up. Please if the Lord directs you to pray for Brian's healing please do. I simply would love to see him healed spiritually, and physically to be a testimony to all around him, and that GOD would receive the glory.
I must say that there are truly some wonderful people on here, and I am blessed to be in the family with you ;-) (You know who you are)

2006/3/17 15:53Profile

Re: Prayer Request

Dear My_Daughter,

Thank you [u]so much[/u] for posting these verses from Hosea. They have me in tears, good tears, of gratitude to the Lord for all He has done for me.

'Therefore, behold, I will allure her. Will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her.'

When I found myself in 'the wilderness', I was beside a fountain of water, and an Angel was speaking to me. (Gen 16:7) It was the first time I really understood that God's presence with me was not dependent on me/my behaviour, but on Him. (14 Wherefore the well was called Beerlahairoi... {Beerlahairoi: that is, The well of him that liveth and seeth me})

'I will give her her vineyards from there,' He did indeed cause me to flourish there in the desert.

'And the valley of Achor as a door of hope;'

Valley of Achor = Trouble. Truly, I appeared to have lost everything natural, including my sin, and a 'door of hope' opened to me there.

'She shall sing there, As in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt.'

I did sing. I [i]had[/i] come out of Egypt! Now Egypt was coming out of me....

'And it shall be, in that day, Says the Lord, That you will call Me My Husband, and no longer call Me My Master,'

Indeed. I had left my natural husband and master, to find my true Husband was not a 'master' in that sense.

'For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals,'

This is the line which has surprised me most in this passage tonight. It is exactly how ready God is to relieve us of our idolatries/sins. It took a long time for me to bring them to my mouth for Him to take them, but, take them He does.

'And they shall be remembered by their name no more.'

This is also a wonderful truth. The God blots out of our memory the things that were done to us or, which we did, which were so defiling to us and abominable to Him.

'I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will bethroth you to Me in righteousness and justice,
In lovingkindness and mercy;
I will bethroth you to Me in faithfulness,
And you shall know the Lord.
It shall come to pass in that day
That I will answer, says the Lord;..'

He has done all this ---- in [b]lovingkindness and mercy[/b]! 8-)

roaringlamb,

I hope you will consider reading these wonderful verses to Brian when you are able to visit him. There is a strong promise of [i]total deliverance[/i] in v 17, if he will confess his sins; without doubt there is complete forgiveness and forgetfulness ---- truly, a new start ---- when he is ready to comprehend the tiniest part of this great gospel.

2006/3/18 22:03
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Just to update you all about Brian's condition. He had surgery yesterday to remove fluid from around his heart, and as far as I know he is ok. Please continue to pray as the LORD leads you.
Sister Dorcas thank you for that advice, Lord willing I will be able to meet Brian one day, and share with him. Until then, I will pray.
\o/

2006/3/19 12:15Profile

Re:

Neat ~ \o/.

Will do.

2006/3/19 15:02
My_Daughter

Re:

Dorcas,

Thank You for your response and My Apologies for not responding to you sooner.

I feel like this adulterous "Women" who keeps running from her husband only to be found by Him again her true love, her first love.

How easily we can be entangled with idolatries/sins. And Yet God is so loving and so merciful to take us back.

I found myself in a "Wilderness" and i have no idea how I got there, just that he led me there for whatever reason, I was there.

It was so creepy and I saw all of these (Savages) but in the midst of all the trouble/mess (The valley of Achor) there was HOPE, I saw a Lamb.

This Lamb represented security, I was secure. And even though these wild beast these savages were growling at me, as long as I kept my eyes on this Lamb, they would not come near me or touch me. I was safe with the Angel that held my hand as I walked in the midst of this Wilderness.

Quote:

I did sing. I had come out of Egypt! Now Egypt was coming out of me....

I heard so much coming out of this wildreness, stuff that grieved my spirit. And though the Angel did not let me speak a word. I could hear and interpret what all the growling was about.

And you think that the Grass is Greener on the Other Side, it is NOT, unless you have God as your husband.

Dorcas,

He is my Husband, and I am head over heels in love with him.

I just turned believe it or not 47 year's old a tad ago, and if it takes until I am 57 or 67 years old -- I will patiently wait on him, because any thing else is extra an extra benefit added onto the ONE TRUE GIFT.

2:14 Therefore, behold I will allure her, and bring her into the wildreness, and speak comfortably unto her.

(By my benefits in offering her grace and mercy, even in that place where she will think herself destitute of all help and comfort.

2:15 And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.

(Which was a plentiful valley, and in which they had great comfort when they came out of the wildreness, as in (Joshua 7:26) and is called the door of hope, because it was a departing from death and an entry into life - LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST).

(She will then praise God as she did when she was delivered out of Egypt).

2:16 And it shall be at that day , said the LORD (that) thou shalt call me Ishi; and shalt call me no more Baali. God desires for us to call him husband not lord.

(That is, my husband, knowing that I am united to you by a covenant which could not be violated).

(That is , my master: which was applied to their idols).

2:17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, and they shall no more be remembered by their name.

(No idolatry will come into their mouth at all, but they will fear me purely according to my word.

2:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them lie down in safety.

(Meaning that he will bless them that all creatures will favor them)

2:20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

(With a covenant that will never be broken)

GOD MY HUSBAND

2006/3/24 10:36Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi roaringlamb...

Thank you for the update. I will continue to pray. Please continue to keep us updated.

:-)

By the way, feel free to let Brian know that we are praying for him.

2006/3/24 12:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy