SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Basics

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote about the church of Ephesus:

Quote:
True enough they were saved and sealed. Ephesians 1:12-13 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Why then was Timothy having so much trouble ministering to the church of Ephesus? see 1 and 2 Timothy.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/18 11:24Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
This does not say that people loose their salvation because they fall away. It is saying it is impossible to loose your salvation and cannot be renewed again unto repentance. If we sin what does the word say for us to do, not repent but confess and agree with God that what the Holy Spirit is showing us is wrong and we should change, confess not repent, unless you make repentance confession.

How does this teaching compare with the words of Christ?

Luke 8:13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/18 11:33Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Matt wrote many things of which this is one:

Quote:
But praise God for the hope in this passage in Ezra He has given us a nail in His Holy Place, i think it was Appolus who recently worte beautifully about how this nail is Christ one whom hangs the sin of the world, He offers us drowning sinners whose sin reaches up to Heaven far above our heads a nail pierced hand, haha glory!!! what else does it say? "God will lighten our eyes and give us a little reviving in our bondage" Prasie the Lord He does it all doesn't He and why? Because only God can save us dear saints that is the depth of our transgression against Him that only Almighty God can save us no one else!!!

I see that you have found the treasure that reveals mysteries of God in the OT. Most never find what you have found. Why? Because we have been taught by men who have not considered the whole counsel of God.

May the Lord bless us by His work in you.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/18 11:49Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

h2oboy wrote:

But what about the other sins? Not all sins are ugly in the eyes of men.

I think that the most beautiful sins of the world are:
1) self esteam
2) to love ones self first berfore being able to love others
3) to forgive ones self

Self esteem is very subtle. The peoplpe who think that they have low self esteem are the ones who have to high of esteem for them selves than that of reality. if thay would just accept themselvs as God created them. they would be humble and walk in humiliy.

Loveing ones self first berfore being able to love others. This impleis that one does not love ones self. The truth of the matter is that they do love themselves and God knows that they already do.
[b]Mar 12:31[/b] The second most important commandment is this: 'Love your neighbor [b]as you love yourself.[/b]' There is no other commandment more important than these two."

In fact, it is imposible to hate your self. If you did, you would love when bad things happen to you, but then you would'nt do those bad things to yourself because you love it when it happens. Then you would hate that because nothing bad is happening to your self.
It is just imposible to hate your self

To forgive ones self is also imposible. To fogive someone is to cancel a debt or to pay off someones debt. How can you cancell your own debt or even pay what you owe yourself?

2006/3/18 20:14Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Brother Logic,

Those sins are beautiful to most. What do you think about the sins Paul lists in 1 Cor. 13:1-3?

Jeff

2006/3/18 20:31Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

h2oboy wrote:
Brother Logic,

Those sins are beautiful to most. What do you think about the sins Paul lists in 1 Cor. 13:1-3?

Jeff

[b]1Cor 13:1[/b] Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
[b]:2[/b] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
[b]:3[b/] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

where is the list of sins? it is only one sin here and that is No Love.

2006/3/18 21:52Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Brother Logic,
Isn't any activity, regardless whether it is considered good or bad by society, that is not obedience to the voice of God as an act of faith, sin? If that is true, then all these good things performed for Christ or His Kingdom without the love that we have been instructed to have would be sin. Would they not be wood, hay, and stubble? Things done by natural or human initiative rather than faith working in love?

Jeff

2006/3/18 22:05Profile
Logic

Re:

I definatly agree. What ever that is not of faith is sin!
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for [b]whatsoever is not of faith is sin[/b].
[b]And[/b]
Heb 11:6 But [b]without faith it is impossible to please him:[/b] for he that cometh to God [b]must believe that he is[/b], and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

There comes a question in this last verse; He is what? The answer to that is we must believe that he is what ever He reveled Himself to be and that what ever we need Him to be.

Psalm 138:2 I will bow down toward Your holy temple And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth; [b]For You have magnified Your word according to all Your name.[/b](NASB)

His Name reviels to us not only Who He is but What He is.

2006/3/18 22:49Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Logic I knew that you saw it. My experience and those of so many that I know has been a mental perception of sin as the activities that are considered 'wrong' by the Church or society. Some of those things are easy to hate or abhor. It wasn't until He revealed that if He is Lord then anything that I do that is not a direct instruction from Him is insubordination. Anything that I do, good or bad, that He did not tell me to do reveals that I have removed Him from the throne of my heart.

It is only when I see my actions as a reflection of my heart, which say "you don't have the right to tell me what to do" that I can hate ALL of my sin. MY best effort to build the Kingdom or do right mean nothing if they are not obedience of faith in love.

I do not have to perform works to have access into His Holy of Holies, He has already provided that access by grace with the blood of the Lamb. But it is my obedience of faith motivated by love that is the vehicle that carries me through that gracious portal into intimcacy with Him into the Most Holy Place.

Thanks for discussing. Remain blessed.
Jeff

2006/3/19 7:05Profile
Logic

Re:

Mat 7:22-23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Why didn't He know them?
He never approved the things that they were doing in His name.

Iniquity is lawlessness. Jesus is the essance of the law, so what ever you do must be from HIS will or else it is lawlessness.

2006/3/19 10:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy