SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Slandering the Church of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Slandering the Church of God

Dear brethren, the question occurs to me this evening, is it possible to slander the Church of God, the Bride of Christ?

If it is, what would constitute such?

The American Heritage Dictionary defines slander in this way:

Quote:
1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation. 2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone

I submit this question for our personal and reverent reflection.

2006/3/14 18:49Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re: Slandering the Church of God

Brother Chris,

I wonder whether you are examining the 'slander' of the Church, the Bride of Christ, comprised of all who have washed their garments in the blood of the Lamb and have been prepared as a glorious Church with out spot or wrinkle, or whether it is things spoken against the organizations of men called the church.

Jesus words come to mind in Matt 10:25 "It is enough for the disciple that he be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub , how much more them of his household!" ASV

I guess the real question is who is doing the 'slandering' and why?

If as a member of the Bride of Christ I "live godly in Christ Jesus" I expect to suffer persectuion. The unfortunate part is that much of that persecution will be 'friendly' fire. Though I am not sure why it would be called friendly when it is intentional.

The key to dealing with slander is to remember that the fight is not with people but with the deceiving spirits behind their accusations. If I can only remember that the brother shooting at me has his vision impaired and thinks that I am the enemy, then returning fire upon the spirit causing the misperception rather than the brother becomes easier. I can in this mindset practice the way of the Master and pray to the Father asking that He forgive them because they don't understand what they are doing.

Lord help me clearly perceive who the real accuser of the brethren is and how to fight the spiritual battle.

Jeff

2006/3/14 21:53Profile

Re:

Father, I pray in Jesus Holy Name that our brother RonB will come back to this Forum.

Amen

2006/3/15 2:19

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy