SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : wine = blood

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

wine = blood

Lets also not forget that wine represents the blood of Christ.

It has to be PURE and UNTAINTED.

2006/3/10 19:05Profile
jimbob

Re: wine = blood

OK, now that you've given the answer, whats the question?

2006/3/11 6:03Profile
Logic

Re: wine = blood

Quote:

lamuskrat wrote:
Lets also not forget that wine represents the blood of Christ.

It has to be PURE and UNTAINTED.

Where in the Bible does wine represent the Blood?

wine represents Joy; If there is joy, there is wine. but on the other hand, if there is no joy, there is no wine.
Ecc 9:7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with [b]joy[/b], and drink thy [b]wine[/b] with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Isa 16:10 And gladness is taken away, and [b]joy[/b]out of the plentiful field; and in the vineyards there shall be no singing, neither shall there be shouting: the treaders shall tread out no [b]wine[/b] in their presses; I have made their vintage shouting to cease.

Isa 24:11 There is a crying for [b]wine[/b] in the streets; all [b]joy[/b] is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

Jer 48:33 And [b]joy[/b] and gladness is taken from the plentiful field, and from the land of Moab; and I have caused [b]wine[/b] to fail from the winepresses: none shall tread with shouting; their shouting shall be no shouting. [b]wine[/b]

When Jesus turned the water into wine is a picture of us when we hear the gosple and are converted, we recieve the joyof the Lord.
We are like the earthen vessels that the water was put in. The water represents the Word. Jesus said to fill them with water, and it came out wine.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in [b]earthen vessels[/b], that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of [b]water by the word[/b].

2006/3/11 13:08Profile
jimbob

Re:

Logic,

Matthew 26:27-29 describes the cup, the fruit of the vine,and the blood. It is assumed that the fruit of the vine is wine.

1 Corinthians 11:21 describes people getting drunk at the Lords Supper, again it is assumed the "cup" is wine.

While not refering to the blood of Christ, Revelation 14:18-20 pictures gathering "grapes" from the earth and throwing these "grapes" into the wine press of the wrath of God, and out from this "wine press" flows blood.

So there is a correlation between the imagery of wine and blood, but I still don't get what the original post was about...

2006/3/11 14:25Profile
Logic

Re:

I'm sorry, your right too. Brain fart.

2006/3/11 16:34Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: Alcohol thread????????

Don't ask me how it happened but this was a reply to another post regarding the consumption of alcohol.

My bad (my brain fart).....walks away with head hung down in shame...lol :-P

2006/3/11 17:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy