SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Priests of the Lord - Chip Brodgen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

The Priests of the Lord - Chip Brodgen

"But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near to Me to minister unto Me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God: they shall enter into My sanctuary, and they shall come near to My table, to minister unto Me, and they shall keep My charge" (Ezekiel 44:15,16).

What is significant about the sons of Zadok, and how is it applicable to us today? The sons of Zadok were selected to minister to the Lord because they "kept the charge" of the sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from the Lord and worshipped idols. In plain language it means this: when things began to decline and the temple was defiled, the sons of Zadok decided they would no longer try to keep the outer court sanctified, but they moved into the inner court and continued to minister to the Lord. When the outer court was
defiled, they were determined to maintain the holiness of the inner court.

This is of extreme importance to us. It is no great thing to point out the many ways in which the outer court has fallen, although it surprises me that more people do not see it. Even so, being able to
articulate all that is wrong is of very little use if we cannot with equal conviction state what our response to it should be. After we see the problems with the outer court, there seems to be only two
viable options: stay where we are and try to change it, or forsake it and go deeper. It seems that all of us, at one time or another, have tried to "change the system" but sooner or later we have met with frustration and aggravation. Immediately when we receive light from the Lord we want everyone else to walk according to that light, but it does not happen. So the only real choice is to go deeper.

Taken from: [url=http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/priests2.html]The Priests of the Lord[/url]

2006/3/10 7:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Priests of the Lord - Chip Brodgen

Thanks Diane,

Had the same impulse to post this

2006/3/10 9:38Profile

Re: The Priests of the Lord - Chip Brodgen

Quote:
So the only real choice is to go deeper.

This is true.

Ron Bailey has said that a servant of the Lord never diminishes his service... he/she can only offer to serve [i][b]more[/b][/i].

Also, very true.

2006/3/10 14:27

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy