SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feel Good or Pick up thy Cross

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Feel Good or Pick up thy Cross

I have heard many sermon on the feel good,but very few on suffering. And Who so ever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him two.Love your enemies.Give to him that asketh thee,and from him that would barrow of thee turn not thou away.does this seem to much to ask for? why is it not preached, giving of your self for other,and not about mememememememememememememem!or how good you feel in the lord,while the next door neighbour has know food to eat.or her kids have no cloths to wear for school. or walking past a homeless guy asking for change and you think to yourself ,he will only use it for drugs or booze,and not offer him anything. This is burden we are called to carry!as the man who was called to carry the cross of Jesus!

2006/3/9 20:29Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re: Feel Good or Pick up thy Cross

Every where I look someone is pushing their book on their well kept secret knowledge to a happier successful life,or 7 steps to this,or my 5 key's to that,you get the idea. and all the focus is on how to become or have more prosperity.when will this madness stop. because that what it is madness.Just doing a little venting lol!

2006/3/9 23:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: suffering

Here is a couple of messages Green, try a search on 'suffering' as well for more;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2416](1 Peter - Part 30): Suffering In God's Will and Out [/url] [i]by A.W. Tozer[/i]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3391]Suffering (Time For Renewal Conference)[/url] [i]by Carter Conlon[/i]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11018]The Role of Suffering [/url] [i]by A A Robert B. Thompson[/i]

2006/3/9 23:15Profile

Re:

Hi Brother GQ,

One thing you can be very very grateful for ... you won't hear those miserable self-centered teachings on this website.

Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the Law of Christ. AMEN

We start with caring for one another and it 'should' spread out into the world as in Matthew 25.

God Bless SI and all the Moderators and the Members and all who can be comforted in Christ by this.

As we grow together.
LOVE.
Annie

2006/3/10 0:30
MSeaman

Michigan

I refuse to listen to any sermon that has a "feel good" message. Come on get more stuff, God wants you to be rich! God wants you to rule the world! Ick! That dead message makes me sick.

I am called to die. I am called to suffering and persecution. I am called to be a light on the hill, even though men would rather embrace the darkness. I am to be set apart, different from the world. I am to Seek Him, and He will meet my NEEDS.

My heart's cry is He must increase, I must decrease!

Lord, Help me to die more and more daily, that You may live through me!

Praise God that He won't leave me in my sorry selfish state, but will continue to create me in His Image.

2006/3/10 9:21Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

I totally agree with you guys about the abundance of abundance messages. When I first came to the Lord I was inundated with the prosperity message and teachers. My wife and her parents are big believers in that stuff. The Lord started to show me scriptures that pertained to False teachers, false apostles and false brethren. And I was lead to the scripture about Godliness with contentment is great gain. I am praying my wife and her family come to see the truth about the gospel. I have tried to talk to them about it, but so far unsuccessful.

Murray

2006/3/10 9:56Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Greenquality...

I attended a particular church for a while that slowly changed into one of those prosperity "health & wealth" type of churches. It was very sad, because they viewed suffering as a "curse." I pointed out to the pastor that Jesus suffered, [u]ALL[/u] of the apostles suffered, and the church (both [i]early[/i] and [i]later[/i]) suffered. I also pointed out that there are believers in many nations that are still suffering for the cause of Christ (not just the "[i]hahaha - you're a christian[/i]" but the "[i]deny your faith or you and your family will die[/i]" type of persecution).

Jesus said, "[i]In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world[/i]" (John 16:33b). However, there is a peace, there is a happiness and there is a joy that can and should be experienced by believers in their everyday lives. It is the power to know and fellowship with Christ in the midst of terrible circumstances. It is the power, that in the midst of crucifixion, to know that Christ is there beside you. Remember that in the beginning of that same verse, Jesus says: "[i]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace[/i]" (John 16:33a).

I know believers that, in the midst of immeasurable suffering, have remained filled with a peace that surpasses all understanding. I think about Corrie ten Boom speak of knowing such peace and joy even as she and her sister withered away at the Ravensbrück concentration camp. I read about men and women that maintain that peace, joy and happiness even through terrible medical circumstances, knowing that they their earthly "temple" -- with all of its limitations and pains -- can in no wise negate their relationship with Christ. I know of men and women that have been locked away in prison for terrible crimes (and in some circumstances, for crimes that they never committed), yet they have established a strong relationship with our Lord. Such happiness and joy is [u]not[/u] confined to individuals that are presently suffering. This peace can and should be experienced by all of us that are not in difficult circumstances. However, I'm not certain that it can be fully understood unless you have experienced such pain and still maintain such peace and joy.

I know that some individuals actually long for suffering. I don't. I am definitely willing to suffer for Christ. If that suffering comes, I will accept it and continue my relationship with Christ. My relationship with Christ is the foundation of my existance. The "rug" of this world could be pulled from beneath my feet -- but as long as I know Jesus, I will continue to consider this world but a loss.

Compared with the stories of the apostles, and other men and women throughout history, I have not yet suffered for the cause of Christ. Yes, I have been mocked. I have been rejected by some friends and family for my relationship with the Lord. I have been slandered by some (including pastors) because of my hunger for more of Christ. I've even been slapped and punched for sharing my relationship with Christ to others. Yet this is so small when I consider the [u]real[/u] suffering endured by believers all over the world. Not only are many persecuted for their faith, but I know of individuals that suffer terribly in their health -- but they continue to remain solid in their love and testimony.

God help all of us to maintain a true relationship with Christ regardless of our circumstances.

Quote:
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

:-)

2006/3/10 11:58Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, a coin that is perfect on one side and blank on the other is a slug. you should take up your cross(die)and have gteat joy doing it. Jesus did come that we should have life in abundance. what we do with the abundance is the question; and giving brings great joy. if one is just dead he is morose and usless; but to be that and alive in Christ is to be balanced and usefull.to be seeking blessings only is frivilous and makes one just as useless and without any depth.jimp

2006/3/10 12:22Profile
bluinos

Greenquality,

I love this -- this is also my heart.

I have heard many sermon on the feel good,but very few on suffering. And Who so ever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him two.Love your enemies.Give to him that asketh thee,and from him that would barrow of thee turn not thou away.does this seem to much to ask for? why is it not preached, giving of your self for other,and not about mememememememememememememem!or how good you feel in the lord,while the next door neighbour has know food to eat.or her kids have no cloths to wear for school. or walking past a homeless guy asking for change and you think to yourself ,he will only use it for drugs or booze,and not offer him anything. This is burden we are called to carry!as the man who was called to carry the cross of Jesus!

When God places a burden like this in your heart, it's because he wants you to do something about it.

Quote:

while the next door neighbour has no food to eat.or her kids

One thing is to lift this up in prayer, because you see the need and the need is great. It is something else and totaling different when you are willing to give up your own food to feed someone else. It is not caring if you don't have anything to eat or to wear or to meet your needs as long as you can help meet the need of someone else. THIS IS RICH!

You are right, we are to carry each others burdens and if able do something about it.

Green, May God Continue to Fill You with This Richness...

2006/3/10 13:16Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy