SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : That I may Know Him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Re: That I may know Him

Hi all,
Our two youngest daughters and their families were here today after church. Number 4 & 5 of our seven children. #4 is due any hour, will be her forth and lets see :-D our 14th grandchild.
It was 27 years ago, I had just walked in the door from visiting a family from our church. Our #3 a
son, and #4 a daughter, were riding their big wheels behind the house, on the cement, by the garage. A sister from the church, who was nine months pregnant, stopped by to drop off a bag of clothes. My wife handed me #5 a baby daughter, so she could go to the door. The sister dropped off the clothes and ssid she was in a hurry and had to leave. My wife told her to wait and not to move her car until she knew where all the children were. She did not hear her and backed her full size Ford station wagon down our 60ft.
cement driveway and turned into the road.
Thats when I heard my wife yell my name, and the sound of her voice said it all. I ran out the door just in time to see our little #4, our 18mo. old daughter, struggling to stand, where she had been run over as the car turned to back into the road. Yes, she was dragged 60ft down a
cement drive, caught under the car by her dress
until the tire turned caught her and ran over her chest.
A police officer, who was at his mail box, picked
her up, handed her to my wife and said, you can take her to the hospital now or wait for an ambulance. I was at her side by then and said we will take her ourselves.
Just then a sister from the church, who lived several blocks away, came runing up and said the Lord Just spoke to me and said come right away, what can I do? I handed her the baby and asked if she could watch the rest of our children, and take care of the sister who had just ran over our little girl. She said ok, so we jumped in the car and headed for the hospital, which was ten miles away.
There were cars everywhere and I was driving like a madman. The car began to thump really bad so I had to slow down from about 90 or so, and it was then that I looked at my little girl. Her eyes were dull and lifeless, I had seen the look
to many times before, But not my little girl.
I cried no Lord and put one of my hands on her
and my wife and I began to pray.
The car was thumping terrible now and we did'nt know if we would even make it to the hospital.
Then it happened, her little hand moved and I looked into those beautiful little eyes and I saw light began to shine. Our Lord was puting
life into our little girl, those dull lifeless eyes began to sparkle, OUR LORD WAS THERE.
We began to praise Him and speak in tongues and glory His glory filled that car, and all of us inside, and then we were there, at the hospital entrance. They came running out to meet us, the officer had called ahead.
They never once took our little girl from my wife, the whole time we were there. They covered my wife with a lead apron to protect her and the (oh, I did'nt mention, she was pregnant for #6); baby she was carrying. They found nothing broken, she had a brused chest with imbeded tire tread marks. She had much hair and scalp missing from the back of her head. Her forhead and part of her nose was scraped away from being dragged
down the cement driveway. they said she would need plastic surgery when she got older to fix the scaring. She was a pitiful looking little girl, but she was very much alive. They said take her out and buy her ice cream and anything she wants, for she truely is a miracle before our eyes. So we did.
The next morning we were at the post office and the officer who had handed us our little girl was there. He about had a heart attack. He then shared with us the only reason He let us take her. It was because he saw the tread marks acrossed her chest and wanted us to be alone with her the last few minutes of her life.
The Lord completely healed her and she never had to have any plastic surgery. Praise His Holy Name.
I wish I could stop here but I can't. You remember the sister the Lord spoke to, and said go to the pastors house right away. We had just buried her little 3 year old girl, several weeks before. We walked into the house with our little girl and all the children came running and we were all praising the Lord and the dear sister said praise God He brought your little girl home, and then she looked at me and said, pastor
Why did God let you bring your little girl home
and He kept my little girl. As we all hugged
each other and cried I said my dear sister only He knows why, only He knows.

Oh that we may know Him, and the power of His resurrection.

Love to all,

pastorfrin

2006/4/2 20:18Profile

Re:

Glad I took my heart medication before finding this. My heart is still racing. Oh my, I couldn't read it fast enough to find out what happened. Oh my, what can be said here ? Too beautifully AMAZING GRACE. Wow. Now you can pray for my heart. I seemed to go through the whole scene like being there. I can't even imagine you and your poor wife ... but then the Glory falling ... Amen ... and then Ice Cream. Oh my. Unbelievable but so believable when you Know Him. Perfect.

Thank you and thank God for His timing that I didn't find this a little sooner than I did ... or I'd have beat ya's all to Glory. Ha.

God Bless you and yours Pastor. Allll of yours. :-D
With His Love.

A Wowed Annie

Phew !

2006/4/2 21:34
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Annie,
I'm so glad your heart is still beating. Praise the name of the Lord!
I must admit this was a hard time in our walk with the Lord. To see His faithfulness is a most wonderful thing to experience. If To Know Him
only came in a box that said instant on it. But it does not. His mercies are renewed every day and to be able to take hold of His mercies no matter what is happening in our lives is sometimes easier said then done. So thankful for His faithfulness.
Shed many tears last night remembering, Oh, the glories He has to share whih with us, His sheep.

Oh that we may Know Him More every day.

Glory and Praise be unto HIS HOLY NAME,

pastorfrin

2006/4/3 22:04Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Hello, Pastor Frin. I was excited and drawn to the title of this forum and then saw your name and have been blessed with your words on the Shepherd forum, so I just had to write.
I am thrilled, with AWE, of the power of our Lord Jesus Christ. Testament to that power are your stories, pastor. From the little birds, to the car accident, I was in AWE. To know Him, Oh to know Him and the power of His resurrection. Why can't our assemblies be filled with the desperate cry to know Him and not amp-pressed, concert sounding songs and sweaty, pulpit beating preaching. Oh to know Him, those words bring tears and a pulse to my soul. To know Him comes after knowing His death. 'I have been crucified with Him', there is no other way, for He 'is the way, the truth and the life.'
For the past year and a half I have been pouring myself in doctrine and readings of all kinds, to my despair it brought no joy. The past month and a half has brought peace, unbelievable peace to set all of it down and to say, "To know you, Lord, to know only you and the cross." I had heard this unction before and did not heed to it, but His grace offered again and again, I finally had to obey.
Pastor Frin, I am sure you remember my question in your other post about shepherds and how to approach them if their methods are suspect. I have been attending an AoG church and it is in this church that I have been recieving much pain concerning some issues I do not like. Then I read in this forum about issues they are embracing that are not good. I am not familiar with those issues and need to know what they are. Can you direct me to that site that was spoken of by another postee'.

I have been challenged and exhorted by your forums and will continue to write and give my 2 cents.
Rich

2006/4/5 18:39Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: Lovin it

Just been catch'n up on your posts "Pastor". Glory to God, Praise the Lord, Halleluah. Love to hear of Gods grace, mercy, love, divine intervention and interaction in our lives. Please post more. We serve an AWESOME God. Glory to the Lamb.

2006/4/5 19:56Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Hey, pastor Frin. I see that you are online right now as I type this message. Having a good day?
Rich

2006/4/7 12:35Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi Rich, lamuskrat, and all,

Wow, what a week, the Lord sure knows how to get
these old bones moving.
I want to say, Thank You again, from myself and
family for your love and prayers for baby Addison. She is doing just fine, Praise the Lord!

I shared the experience of our #4 child, when she was backed over by a car when she was 18 mo.
old and how the Lord spared her life. Now the wonderful healing of her new baby daughter.

I would like to fill in the space of #4 child
from the 18 mo. old daughter, the little miracle
girl, to the present, 29 yr. old mother of 4.
She has always been full of life, athletic, gymnastics, cheerleading, and sports. She is very intelligent and of course beautiful, like
her mother and two sisters. Ok, she's always been daddys little girl. :-)
She decided at a fairly young age that she wanted to be a teacher. She loved the Lord at an early age, and as then, so now, has never stopped
asking questions about Him, leading to many in depth conversations.
Oh, the day had to come when boys :-x came into
the picture. This was almost taken care of by me convincing all but one that I was an Old Testament preacher and I belived in stoning any
boy that came near my daughters. Well like I said it worked for all but one.
So after graduation, she went to university and
he joined the marines. Alright, that will work.
Well almost, after two years the teacher too be
and the marine were married.
They were doing very well and then he was deployed overseas. They moved in with us at this time, since our daughter was expecting their first child. The Lord blessed us with a beautiful
grandaughter, and daddy made it home just in time
and all was well. And Then:
Our daughter came to us early one morning and said he was late coming home from work and she
was afraid something was wrong. It was, her marine had fallen asleep and hit a tree. He was in very critical condition. We prayed and asked our Lord for a miracle, It did not come, he never regained consciousness. Her marine was gone, leaving her and their 3 mo. old daughter behind. She was devastated, as far as she was concerned, her life was over.
For almost a year she went through the motions,
living but not really. She was in a world all her own, suffering terribly. We prayed and loved her and our grandaughter, asking our Lord for the right words of love and comfort, dealing with the continueus question WHY?
One day she came home from school and said, dad
I have decided to live. The Lord says I'm not doing my daughter, myself, or Him any good living
like I have been. I'm tired of being miserable.
She says, I am going to buy a house and my daughter and I are going to live. She did just that. It broke our hearts, you see by now our little grandaughter was like our own daughter, we knew it was best for both of them but it still hurt.
Shortly after she moved she met a young man at the university, he did not believe my story about stoning either. Oh well, here we go again.
A year latter they were married, he was a wonderful dad to her daughter and all were happy.
And Then:
It was about a year latter and she delivered another grandaughter, 3 mo. early, not good.
She had an emergency C-section, we almost lost them both. There we were, standing beside her bed, I'm thinking, Lord what are you trying to do to her? at the same time trying to comfort
her, and telling her every thing is going to be
ok. Knowing what I just saw in the Ped ICU.
Little Faith would fit in your hand, my fingers
were bigger than her legs. I was standing there
looking in my daughters scared eyes when He gave
me these words. It only takes a musterd seed of
faith to remove a mountain that is in our way, and the Lord has blessed us with one pound and
several ounces of Faith, we will all agree together that every thing is going to bring
glory to our Lord. And we did and it was.
We just celibrated Faith's 5th birthday, she is a perfectly normal beautiful little girl.
Two years latter , she gave birth to a little boy,normal birth and every thing just fine, Praise the Lord.
Oh, I must back up, after Faith was born and spending months in the Ped ICU our daughter
decided not to teach, so she went back to school
and is now an RN an ICU Ped nurse, helping others
through the experience she once had herself.
Praise the Lord for His Mercies Endure Forever.
Well the rest of the story you know, the recent
healing of baby Addison. Glory to God!

Why did I share all of this? because to Know Him
is to Know Him in the valley as well as on the
mountain top.
You see Knowing Him is not having every thing
work the way we want it to. I'm going to say this very simple because thats the way it needs to be received and lived.
Rom. 8:26-28 says: Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings
which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what
is the mind of the Spirit, [u]because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.[/u]
28. And we know that all things work together for
good to them that love God, [u]to them who are called according to his purpose.[/u]
Notice: He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Not according to
our will, but according to God's will, and this is how we can be assured that all things work
together for good to them who are called [u]according to his purpose, do you get that, according to His purpose.[/u]
If the Lord's purpose is not being fulfilled in our lives, then there is no fruit and no relationship with Him. In other words, you do not know Him.

Teach us to pray Lord, Thy will, thy purpose, be
done in earth, in me, in my family, and in your church, as it is in heaven. Then give us the grace to, after we have prayed, to accept your
will in our lives. Amen
Eph.2:8 says: For by grace are ye saved through
faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
What do you depend on for your salvation?
Is it not faith in His Grace!
Its that same grace Jesus speaks of in 2 Cor.12:9
And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest
upon me.
Knowing Him is to experience His Grace in our
weakness that His Power may rest upon us.
Oh that we may know Him and the Power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.

His Grace is Sufficient for us all!

Love to all,

pastorfrin

2006/4/14 0:41Profile

Re:

BLESS GOD !!! :-D

Welcome back to the land of the 'LIVING'.

Thanking HIM, along with very many, that we've gotten to be part of your and your Family's Testimonies to HIS Greatness, Kindness, Mercy and REALITY.

Lord Bless and welcome back to posting also.

Continued Confidence in HIM. :-)

me again

2006/4/14 1:21
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Phl 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Tts 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Jam 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, [the Lord] of glory, with respect of persons.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Who are we justified and made righteousness in?
Who's Faith is it that makes us righteous in the flesh?
What does the Faith of Jesus Christ mean?
Why do most of the new translations change the "Faith of Jesus Christ" to faith in Jesus Christ?
Is the Faith of Jesus Christ Grace?
Is the Faith in Jesus Christ works?
Why are there so many books on how to get faith?
Do we have all the Faith we can get by Jesus Christ?

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

All come by Faith of Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

No, "excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God" brings us faith. Our faith stands in the wisdom of Jesus Christ in Whom we have been made, by the Power of God. His Faith, not mans'.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/4/14 18:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The sad tragedy of our day in christianity is that we do not know God. But Jesus came for that specific purpose: John 17:3 "And this is life eternal that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom thou hast sent." !!

2006/4/14 18:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy