SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why people dispute balck and white truth?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi MeAgain...!

Quote:
Don't we "pick our own battles" sometimes though.

I've noticed on this, that those who say stop splitting hairs on "this" topic, go over to another thread and start splitting hairs on something even more trivial.

Aren't we judging by saying "my battle is good but yours is wrong" ?

I've seen every single one who's posted on this thread debate or defend a topic. I've cheered them on ... so aren't we being a bit myoptic here in saying we can't handle "any" of it, when we ourselves are involved in it either here or off the board somewhere's.

There is nothing wrong with discussing, debating or even defending a topic. However, when we move from a position of belief to a position where we openly question the "spirituality, maturity or spiritual discernment" of another believer, then we have probably gone too far. We should all be convinced in areas of doctrine. But we should be careful that we never allow our "certainty" to be a means to judge someone of differing opinion on such matters. Of course, this pertains to matters that are not completely evident.

For instance, if I were to make a list of everything that I personally believe -- I would be hard pressed to find a single person that completely agreed with me. Not only that, but there will probably be somebody somewhere that will want to question my relationship with Christ because of such differences. The same is probably true with nearly every believer on this website. The important thing is that we exhibit patience with those that believe differently than ourselves. Not only is there a possibility of hindering the growth of younger believers by our words, but such debates can lead to unhealthy divisions amongst the Body of Christ. And of course, we may state something as a "fact" that we later decide was incorrect.
Quote:
Other than that ... I think we all know that we have our pet things that we defend ... and that's why for the most part, we should choose our threads to post on very carefully.
And realize that we've all defended or countered something somewhere on this forum or out there somewhere. And not because we've wanted to either.

I agree. Unfortunately, there are some individuals that are often "one-topic wonders." They vigorously begin and defend multiple threads with a particular position on a single issue -- and then continue to post and repost their controversial and disputable material as "fact" for months. I do my best not to continually get involved in those threads, unless I feel the need to simply allow other readers to know that there is another side to the discussion.

:-)

2006/3/5 22:50Profile

Re:

Quote: I do my best not to continually get involved in those threads, unless I feel the need to simply allow other readers to know that there is another side to the discussion.[end]

Yes, have seen you do that and was very proud to just sit back and watch.

:-)

2006/3/5 22:57
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

I think we need to open up here just a little,for me, it is learning what other's believe in and finding out why. just talking..,many on here I bet,this is the only out-let to talk to some body,But it is hard when there is no face to look at,and words look cold, so I will say Hi my Name is Sean.

2006/3/5 23:24Profile

Re:

Hi Sean, my name is Annie. :-)

I agree so much with you.

Did you just get a word of knowledge or something :-D ?

Yeah, I went from the most active nut in town to the least active nut in town about 3 1/2 years ago. Hardly an exaggeration either. oh-hum.

We should consider that I suppose, huh ?

Some people are basically using this because they are alone and the Lord has sent them here to have folks to fellowship with.

We should put that in our signatures .... though I doubt it would matter a hill of beans. Ha.

I agree with the rest of what you've said also.

"just talking"

Very good Sean.
Thanks.
Annie

2006/3/6 0:50
roadsign

Re: black blobs on our white screen

Quote:
I think we need to open up here just a little,for me, it is learning what other's believe in and finding out why. just talking..,many on here I bet,this is the only out-let to talk to some body,But it is hard when there is no face to look at,and words look cold, so I will say Hi my Name is Sean.

Hi, Sean, Your words deserve our respect. We do need to allow for this outlet for people to share and get feedback. I consider the freedom here to do so a rare privilege.

I once heard someone say that words are only 7% of the message. The other 93% comes through inflections, tone of voice and non-verbal means. Do hang around. This is a great place to get better at learning to "see" and "feel" and "hear" what comes along with these black blobs on our white screen.

God bless you.

2006/3/6 8:28Profile
paula4jc

Re:

MeAgain, I don’t believe Paul disputes the scripture – he expound upon the scripture to show the Jews that Christ is the Messiah and to the Gentiles that He is God’s Savior (Romans). I know believers have peace through the knowledge of Christ (2Peter1:2), but believers must witness in peace and seek to pursue Christ peace (1Peter3:11; James3:18). Our peace disturbed as Paul experienced here (2Cor2:13).

I tried to keep all post to scripture and my experience to avoid those who feast on dispute and controversy (Tit3:9)
For example, I was trying to say if the bible clearly stated, Jesus is the “Son of God” and “every one” who called upon the name of Jesus will be saved.” Then there’s no room for dispute because it’s clearly written in black and white.

My personal experience why I made the post is a customer on the phone told me he’s Christian, but he didn’t believe salvation is for every one. I say, the bible says, “Every one who calls up on the name of the Lord will me save.” He says that didn’t include the Jews and the blacks. He rambled on about him being the true Jews, and today’s so called Jews and blacks were numbered among the beast on the Ark.
I consider him an ignorant savage worst than his forefathers who slaughtered million of Jews and brutally enslaved the blacks. Therefore it was useless to expound any scripture to him because Christ only can reach such hard heart.

2006/3/6 8:33Profile

Re: disputes are good, face it!

Quote:
I flee all dispute and arguing discussion because it robs me of peace.

If you have children: You must flee when someone might be attempting to take your children, or if you knew that a friend is pedophile, to avoid any disputes for the sake of peace, you flee.

Know what you believe: If you beleived strongly in the word of God, you will like Jesus our example stand and face the oppostion head on. If they are right they are to be commended, if they are wrong, they are to be rebuked.

Don't be afraid of opposition, the peace of God is ever present, it's US who decide not to tap into it.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Jesus tells us "fear not", but it is up to us to disobey that command and fear and thereby when we do that we feel that we have lost our peace. We haven't lost it, we just taken our hand off the source peace and placed upon fear.

That which you avoid sometimes is the very thing that God wants you to face. Meet it head on and deal with it.

I too used to avoid disputes, debates, and a host of other things. Avoiding wasn't the answer. When I faced them, I was able to defeat and also I have learned some things. A dispute led to reconcilation between my neighbour and thereby peace was generated between us.

It's easy to spread cream cheese on a bagel, but it's not easy being cheesie.

What I mean is, if you want to go further in God and be a son of God, than you must be spreadable.

If your afraid of it, face it. Even our sin that so easily besets us, we must face it. Lest:

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Have fun! :-)

2006/3/6 10:10

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy