SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Volunteer Positions @ SermonIndex.net

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Volunteer Positions @ SermonIndex.net

[img]http://www.fireonthealtar.com/HelpWanted.jpg[/img]

[b]Volunteer Positions @ SermonIndex.net[/b]

As many of you know there is alot of work involved in running the sermonindex website and daily making it a better resource for all of God's people. This site has existed since december 2002 and really has depended on the support and mostly volunteer work of many individuals. I really want to start to open up the possibilities for people to help in a tangible way to help expand this ministry. This will start off slowly and more positions will be available as time progresses.

[b]15-20 Sermon Description Editors[/b] (HELP STILL NEEDED)
This ministry will involve listening to sermons and in response writing an 2-4 sentence description of the sermon and recording the main 2 scriptures used in the sermon. This information would be then relayed to the Administrator for inclusion into the website. If you are interested in this position please email: sermonindex@gmail.com letting me know your desire to help in this regard and you can begin immediately in getting descriptions and scriptures done and emailed to me.

[b]1-5 Google Video Uploaders[/b] (HELP STILL NEEDED)
This ministry will involve downloading all the video files from sermonindex.net and encode and upload them to https://upload.video.google.com/ the person(s) involved with this will have to keep a text file of sermons downloaded and added to google and with a list of URLS of where the videos are on google. If you are interested in this position please email: sermonindex@gmail.com letting me know your desire to help in this regard. Details will be given on what to write when submitting the sermons including a weblink back to www.sermonindex.net. I believe that this will enable to get the sermonindex sermons out to many more people through google.

[i]stay tuned for more opportunities to help out...[/i]

2006/3/3 20:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Volunteer Positions @ SermonIndex.net

Thank you for the response so far, there definetly is need for some more volunteers in the area of writing descriptions. My goal is to see descriptions for every sermon with scriptures in the next 6 months. And then thus can I can get the SermonIndex sermons database searchable on most large bible search sites such as: biblegateway.com, studylight.org and others. Will you help to make this possible?

2006/3/7 10:45Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

As of right now there are [b]4[/b] description writer volunteers setup. There is alot of work to be done but I know it can be done, if you are feeling led to help in this regard please do contact me at: sermonindex@gmail.com I am looking to see at least 15 signup to do this I believe it will get done in 6 months if there are enough people helping in this regard.

2006/3/7 21:32Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

thanks for the reponse so far there are now [b]6[/b] volunteers signed up to write descriptions, my hope is to get at least 100 sermon descriptions being sent to me per week, please help out and get involved with this ministry to make it the best possible resource for God's people.

2006/3/9 1:50Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

There are now [b]10[/b] volunteers to help submit sermon descriptions on a weekly basis, this is great! but I think that there could be literally 50-100 people doing this and submiting descriptions. Please do get involved, it is simple just send me in an email: sermonindex@gmail.com the:

title of sermon,
speaker,
main scripture used,
2-4 line description.

that's it! it would be great to see all the sermons with scriptures and descriptions, what a better resource sermonindex would be!!

2006/3/22 2:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

There still definetly is a need for more people to submit descriptions, please pray about getting involved in this way. Here is an format that one brother sends the descriptions to me that is very clear and works well for me getting the sermons up on the site, he has the sermon title and speaker name in the subject of the email, so he sends one email for every sermon description, which works best. Here is the format:

Sermon: Jesus Always Does His Best by Ed Miller

Scriptures: John 13:21 – 14:3

Description: Ed Miller shows how the Lord Jesus stretched out His heart for Judas as a way for us to see His burning heart of love. “Judas is a marvelous illustration of someone saying no,” yet Jesus always did His best. Miller then looks at Peter’s denial and draws this marvelous conclusion: “Aren’t you glad that the very worst in you does not stand in the way of God’s perfect plan for your life?”

2006/4/1 13:53Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

The help has been great thus far but still I would covet more help in this regard to continue to get sermon descriptions to me. Please post a reply if you are intersted in getting involved helping this ministry in this regard.

2006/4/9 20:18Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

There have been quite a few people that applied to be a sermon description editor, but there still is need for more people that can commit to doing this. Sermons are being added weekly and we need to keep working at trying to reach a goal of getting a description and scripture reference for every sermon on the site. With the help of many of God's people this can be a reality.

2006/5/25 2:39Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

NEW VOLUNTEER POSITION OPEN:

[b]1-5 Google Video Uploaders[/b] (HELP STILL NEEDED)
This ministry will involve downloading all the video files from sermonindex.net and encode and upload them to https://upload.video.google.com/ the person(s) involved with this will have to keep a text file of sermons downloaded and added to google and with a list of URLS of where the videos are on google. If you are interested in this position please email: sermonindex@gmail.com letting me know your desire to help in this regard. Details will be given on what to write when submitting the sermons including a weblink back to www.sermonindex.net. I believe that this will enable to get the sermonindex sermons out to many more people through google.

2006/6/19 2:15Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Just bumping this to the top, do post a reply if you are interested and with any questions.

2006/6/19 12:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy