SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : CSI Study on Israeli Archaeological Digs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: masons and free-masons

Hi Annie,

sorry but you'll have to spell this out i thought we were discussing Jesus being a worker of stone as opposed to a worker of wood.

I notice Thayer's definition includes 'builder' in there as a meaning for Tekton.

Another point of interest i found from using e-sword if found in John Gill's exposition of Mat 13:55, he implies that Joseph might have been a blacksmith!?!?!? I also notice here it says Tekton can mean [i]any mechanic, or artificer.[/i]

I believe this is inline with the issue originally raised by Letsgetbusy, and can't see how this lead to a discussion on freemasonary.

Are you saying that as freemasonary has infiltrated the church over the years that the Masons have been trying to make out that Jesus was a mason (worker of stone not member of a secret society) and not a carpenter?

matt

2006/3/4 8:44Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

meagain,

I will continue to do research. Thanx for the info. John Q Adams is supposedly a relative of mine, though I haven't been able to document, and I had read he was pretty anti-Mason. I was also familiar with Rice and Wesley's view.

If that guy is truly a Mason, that brings so many other things in. Was he sent? Are there other Masons in the organization. It is interesting. Sort of like 00777 or something. Hard to know who's on your side.

matt,

I do see the connection, but I would like to see some evidence to counter the idea that Jesus worked with stone. There does seem to be something to the fact that the Scripture deals a good bit with 'stone' in the text.

So that is what I would ask, again, if someone could post some evidence against the fact that Jesus worked with stone. I will get around to looking at more Masonic history, but I don't know where to start dispelling the idea of Jesus as a stone worker.

I understand the plight the Masons would be trying to stand on with the stones, cloths, and pig bones, now, but what evidence could I show someone that Jesus did not fold the cloth on His finished work, and that he did not work with stone.

I look forward to your posts and appreciate your responses and kindness.

2006/3/5 0:56Profile

Re:

Just one last reply on here.

Don't forget this same person said that Peter also was a mason ... so your search would have to include Peter's profession.

2006/3/5 2:07
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Wait a minute. Peter wasn't a worker (tekton). He was a fisherman (halieus).

I don't know why that just dawned on me.

2006/3/5 21:55Profile

Re:

Because the Holy Spirit has been resident in you for a good while now and you're a son of the Most High God and a very good brother in my book.

That could be why. :-D

2006/3/5 22:19

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy