Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CSI Study on Israeli Archaeological Digs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

CSI Study on Israeli Archaeological Digs

I am attending a small seminary class affiliated with the ministry I work with. Wed, we had a career CSI guy who was asked, years back, to use his expertise on the digs in Israel, come speak to us. I walked away with a few gold nuggets that I thought you guys might like to hear about.

I also welcome any Scriptures that might correct something I was taught.

-The Jews were referred to as hunters in the Scriptures, but were literally trappers. They did not kill animals in the field, but rather snared animals that were not harvested. They bled animals at the same location they prepared the meat. This is just like the apprehension of Christ. He was snared and bled at the altar, so to speak. So we say hunters, but they were more literally trappers.

-Bones of lions and bears have been found in the area where David claimed to have killed both. They were indigenous to the area at one point, but were either driven off or killed as populations grew.

-Though pigs were forbidden, the bones are found everywhere in ancient Israel. We often assume that they followed the 'no pork' diet for the most part, not thinking about how they were sinners just like us. He claimed that they find pig bones everywhere. That it was sort of a delicacy to them. This is why Jesus sent the demons out of the man and into the herd of pigs to be sent over the cliffs, to teach them a lesson.

-Please correct this view if you are able. Jesus was referred to as a carpenter, but was more literally a 'worker with the hands.' Tekton is the Greek. Jesus, according to the teacher, may have worked with stone. At first I thought, 'no way.' But the more I thought about it, think of all the Scriptures:

Mark 12:10 'The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner'

1 Cor 10:4b 'they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ'

...it was stones that killed the disobediant under the old covenant, now the Rock will grind unbelievers to powder. The stone was rolled away, etc, etc. The list would be way too big.

This floored me, though. The man descibed how Peter was also a tekton, and that if both Peter and Jesus worked with stone, they would have both been familiar with the customs in the work.

The teacher went on to explain that when a worker (tekton) was finished with his work, he would take the cloth off of his head and place it folded on the finished work. That was a signal to the customer that the work was complete, this cloth lying on the finished work. The work could then be picked up and wages could be payed.

When Peter looked into the tomb to look for himself, it was at this point that he believed. Why? Could it be that he saw the cloth folded on where Jesus was laid, symbolizing that the work was complete? Very interesting.

John 20:7 "And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself."

Let me know if you would like more. I'm not sure how many people we are going to have that work in Israel, but this is the third.

Hope you found this interesting and helpful.

2006/3/3 1:43Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: CSI Study on Israeli Archaeological Digs

Another that I just thought of was the use of the word 'vipers' to descibe the scribes and Pharisees. Why 'vipers?'

Well, what makes a viper different from other snakes is obvious to us that are familiar with rattlesnakes. Vipers have no rattle. No warning. But vipers are known for going directly after a human. Most snakes strike out of defence, whereas the viper will attack a man without warning. Literally come after him.

This is what the Pharisees were doing. They just went after people to destroy them. Without warning them. A prophet always carries a warning, ie: repent, turn to God, judgment is coming. Remember that Jesus accused them of skipping over judgment:

Matt 23:23 'Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.'

2006/3/3 1:50Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: Tekton

Jesus as stone mason hey?

I had heard this that the word Tekton can be translated either as carpenter or mason, this fascinated me to think that our Lord worked with stone and not wood seemed to ring true, i mean think of all those scriptures, some listed above, that refers to stone and the working of stone in the Bible,

just a few more:

Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and broke them to pieces.

Dan 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Mat 7:24,25 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

1Pe 2:7,8 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Should be interesting to hear what other have to say about this;

matt

2006/3/3 3:57Profile

Re:

Brother LGB,

Jesus and Joseph were not masons but your CSI guy is a Mason.

Gen 10:8 And Cush begot [u]Nimrod[/u]: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
Gen 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.

Gen 25:27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.

G5045
τέκτων
tektōn
Thayer Definition:
1) a worker in wood, a carpenter, joiner, builder
1a) a ship’s carpenter or builder
2) any craftsman, or workman
2a) the art of poetry, maker of songs
3) a planner, contriver, plotter
3a) an author
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from the base of G5098

Strong's
G5045
τέκτων
tektōn
tek'-tone
From the base of G5098; an artificer (as producer of fabrics), that is, (specifically) a craftsman in wood: - carpenter.

We'll have to ask Josephus, Euesbius, Pliny etc. about all these pigs.
Granted, they were not perfect, of course and neither are we, but to lay this charge to the Jews would be worse than laying it to the Muslims.
It was strictly pagan culture to both sacrifice and to eat swine according to Pliny just for one.

I have a bunch of articles, where it quotes Masonic sources directly from their own writings, that they want to rebuild this last temple.

I would dig deep, very deep on this topic, as it is part of the strong delusion.

I know this all sounds nuts at first ... but I had to look into this back years ago. I don't like these Mason stories any more than anyone else.
We had Masons in a Church we attended and they told us forthright, that they plan to infiltrate the Churches at all expense and take them over and then they just laughed in our face because they were the only Elders in that AoG Church.
It freaked us pretty good. This was over 20 years ago.
And even though it was against AoG policy to allow anyone from a 'secret order' to serve in the Church, the Pastor didn't enforce it.

So, that's why all the research since back then, on what else they've been up to.

Ho-hum, I know ... Hard to believe.

2006/3/3 5:09

Re:Figured I better back this ...

"Of all the objects which constitute the Masonic science of symbolism, the most important, the most cherished, by the Mason, and by far the most significant, is the Temple of Jerusalem. The spiritualizing of the Temple is the first, the most prominent and the most pervading, of all symbols of Freemasonry ... Take from Freemasonry its dependence on the Temple; leave out of its ritual all references to that sacred edifice, and to the legends and traditions connected with it, and the system itself would at once decay and die ... " ["Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry", by Albert Mackey, MD, 33º and Charles T. McClenachan, 33º, Revised Edition, by Edward L. Hawkins, 30º and William J. Hughan, 32º, Volume II, M-Z, published by The Masonic History Company, Chicago, New York, London, 1873, A.G. Mackey, 1927, by the Masonic History Company.

"The traditions and romance of King Solomon's Temple are of great interest to everyone who reads the Bible. They are of transcendent importance to Masons. The Temple is the outstanding symbol in Masonry, and the legendary story of the building of the Temple is the fundamental basis of the Masonic rule and guide for conduct in life ... The cream of Masonic historical and philosophical writing has been drawn upon for his description of the Temple and its relation to Masonic ritual." [The Holy Bible: The Great Light In Masonry", King James Version, Temple Illustrated Edition, A.J. Holman Company, 1968, Forward entitled, "The Bible and King Solomon's Temple in Masonry", by John Wesley Kelchner].

"... In all the rich symbolism of Ancient Craft Masonry two symbols, or symbolic themes, predominate. One is the search for light; the other is the labor of building. The source of light is the Holy Bible, and the grand representation of the builder's art is King Solomon's Temple .... It was natural that imaginative stone Masons, long before the development of anything like our modern fraternity, should have felt a kinship with the great builders of all ages. It was natural also that they should have acknowledge a peculiar attraction for the most famous and glorious of all building enterprises, King Solomon's Temple and Citadel. Interest and attraction for the wonderful structure on Mt. Moriah have increased rather than diminished ... until today the Temple of Solomon is the spiritual home of every Mason." [Masonic Holy Bible, Temple Illustrated Edition, A.J. Holman Co., 1968, p. 11-14]

"And so to these two classes or Orders of Masons the symbolism of the Temple presents itself in a connected and continuous form. To the Master Mason, the Temple of Solomon is the symbol of this life; to the Royal Arch Mason, the Temple of Zerubbabel is the symbol of the future life. To the former, his Temple is the symbol of the search for truth; to the latter, his is the symbol of the discovery of truth; and thus the circle is completed and the system made perfect." [Ibid., Pages 774-775; Emphasis added]

"The Freemasons have, at all events, seized with avidity the idea of representing in their symbolic language the interior and spiritual man by a material temple ... The great body of the Masonic Craft, looking only to this first Temple erected by the wisdom of King Solomon, make it the symbol of life; and as the great object of Masonry is the search after truth, they are directed to build up this temple as a fitting receptacle for truth ..." ["Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry", by Albert Mackey, MD, 33º and Charles T. McClenachan, 33º, Revised Edition, by Edward L. Hawkins, 30º and William J. Hughan, 32º, Volume II, M-Z, published by The Masonic History Company, Chicago, New York, London, 1873, A.G. Mackey, 1927, by the Masonic History Company, p. 774]

"The Temple of Masonry is hence forward the house of Christ' ... [Edward Waite, p. 486-7, "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: The Rites, Literature and History", Volume II, reprinted in 1970 by Weathervane Books., p. 314]

"... in the High Grades [of Masonry] we hear of a secret intention to build yet another temple at Jerusalem." [Author, Edward Waite, p. 486-7, "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: The Rites, Literature and History", Volume II, reprinted in 1970 by Weathervane Books].

"Concerning the building of this temple, the Zohar teaches that Solomon's Temple was not built according to the original plans ... In a word, the Lord did not build the House, and they laboured in vain that built it ... There is a time, however, to come, when the Holy One shall remember His people, Israel, and the Lord shall build the House." [Author, Edward Waite, p. 486-7, "A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: The Rites, Literature and History", Volume II, reprinted in 1970 by Weathervane Books].

"It is known to every reader of the Bible and student of Solomon's days, that an amazingly detailed description of the Temple and its associated structures has been carried down from the mists of antiquity by the Scriptures. Lineal measurements, materials employed, and ornamental detail are so graphically presented that restoration of the Temple, at any time within a score of centuries past, awaited only the coming of a man with the vision to recognize its historic value, and the imagination to undertake the task." [Foreword, "The Bible and King Solomon's Temple in Masonry", by John Wesley Kelchner, 1968, A. J. Holman Company.]

Also, that "cloth" he spoke of ... you'd need to see the Masonic connection there too.
I've got to get to sleep, but I'm sure someone else could post on the cloth and more history into the swine.

2006/3/3 5:17
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

Thanks Annie, for your warning and insight. I guess we can still be to quick to go off on some new interpritation of scripture when someone speaks to us with 'knowledge'. We forget those who originally translated the bible were scholars and more importantly Men of God. and surely were guided by the Spirit. As John says 'don't believe everything but test the spirits' (my paraphrase 1Jn4:1)
That's why I like SI cos there are people like you, Annie, with a wealth of wisdom to help us younger Christians.
I await to see what others have to say about the above posts

Ste

2006/3/3 5:55Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

MeAgain and everyone,

I have done enough research on Masons that I considered the fact that he might be, once he made the implication. So I am not discounting the fact that he might be.

I would ask you, or anyone, to show evidence to the contrary. I am not sold on his idea, but it was interesting to think about how many of Jesus' words had to do with stones. If this is bogus, I would like to have the Scripture ready to discount the statements he made. I couldn't think of any.

I am always wary of wolves in sheep's clothing. That's one of the reasons I posted this. I am willing to hear everyone's take.

So is the cloth folding you are referring to a reference to the cloth that Masons earn, I would assume?

The swine view I would not be familiar with. I don't see the Masonic connection there. I have heard John Rice preach on the fact that the Jews should not have had the swine around that Jesus caused to die, and yet Rice preached against secret organizations.

Maybe someone else could shed some light on the cloth / swine connection with Masonry. I'm all ears.

2006/3/3 20:51Profile

Re:

Hia LGB,
I'm glad you've researched Masons. The research is endless as each country has their own branch, so to speak.

Scottish rite, English York, German, French, Israelie, Arabic and so forth.
http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm?ID=580

This is why with the 10 toes the iron and clay don't mix. To many juggling and striving for power and accendency. The Ten kingdoms. Though the masons don't rule the world, they are a powerful part that has been working for hundreds of years along with the illuminists, to have a one world leader. That plan has been within their own writings all along for centuries and has never ceased to be The Plan as they've called since then.

The main things that hit you right off the bat is Jesus was a Carpenter and Peter was a fisherman.

Masons are the Masterbuilders, which have their history as far back as Babel. Stonelayers, and builders/masons through-out where they worked in "lodges".

I think it's good to do your own research, as I have also done mine in the past on these things.

What is more important, is that the Masonic religion, wants to destroy the 3 monotheistic religions, according to Albert Pike, just for one.
To say that Israel is full of pig bones, is like telling a muslim that muslims were unearthed buried in pig skins of their own volition.
Anything to tear down the true Biblical foundations and trust in them.

British Israelism is also part of this overpowering Mystery Religion. Part of which goes to the bloodline of the "Royals" and calling the Throne of England the Throne of David and that there will always be one of those of that bloodline both on their throne and ours, the U.S..

The guy I would do the research on is Albert Pike (1809-1891), author of Morals and Dogma, is looked upon today as the foremost literary genius of Masonry. He rewrote all Scottish Rite rituals practised today. These rituals are pagan and occultic in design. Mr. Pike was an admitted worshipper of Lucifer, believing that two coequal Gods exist in the universe, Lucifer, the God of good and light and Adonay, the Christian god, who rules evil and darkness.

In Morals and Dogma, Pike declares that Masonry has inherited and currently practices the same occultic Mystery religion, as was practised in Babylon.

Since we are headed into Mystery Babylon, and those who are working to that end have infiltrated whatever they can for hundreds of years, and some under an illuministic title, it would be good to aim your research that way.

It's not so much about pigs and cloths (aprons actually), as it is "why" would these things be brought into our Seminaries ?

Why call Jesus and Peter masons ?

Do some google or whatever search on Albert Pike's vision of the three wars and Christian, Jews and Islam. How his vision was incorporated as them-fulfilling their own prophecy.
http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

The main thing we need to know is 'where' is all of this headed. What is their future goal for this earth and it's religions.

Among those who have denounced Freemasonry and openly taken a stand against it are:

John Wesley, Alexander Campbell, Daniel Webster, Wendell Phillips, Chief Justice Charles Marshall, Charles Sumner, John Hancock, Horace Greeley, Dwight L. Moody, R. A. Torrey, Timothy Dwight, Charles Finney, Charles Blanchard, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, John Madison, Amos Wells, Simon Peter Long, James M. Gray, Billy Sunday, John R. Rice and Ulysses S. Grant.

http://www.saintsalive.com/freemasonry/finneybook.pdf

If you have a Search engine, you've got all the world's information you'll ever need or may ever be able to get your hands on again.

Don't leave it up to others to teach you or research for you.
We're accountable for ourselves.

God Bless you brother.

2006/3/4 2:09
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re:

An article that I read in Biblical Archaeology Review magazine said a settlement is identified as being Hebrew by the absence of pig bones. It was stated that before the Hebrews overthrew the land there were other peoples there and also that much of the land never was completely overthrown. There are settlements with hog bones in Israel but, when there is an absence of hog bones, it identifies that Hebrews lived at that settlement.

2006/3/4 4:28Profile

Re:

Great post brother Gary.

We have to be very careful of any teaching that denigrates Jews.
Yes, there is a branch/group or those who call themselves Jews that are not Jews, but we have to walk in innocence, because anti-Jew-ism is equivalent to the spirit of anti-christ. Even if we may someday be persecuted by Jews (and even those who call themselves "Christians"), we still should be very careful to not accuse 'all' of sin.

I don't like pointing at a person by name but that's why we have to be Bereans and with having things available to us today, such as e-sword etc. and search engines and with these days being even the more deceptive than ever before in History ... we REALLY need to be Bereans.

It was said, that John Rice said, that "the Jews should not have had the swine around that Jesus caused to die" ... but the Gergesenes were Not Jews. If ya pop on Matt. 8:28 in your e-sword or whatever Bible Program you have with decent notes, it will show this. We can't listen to anyone it seems without discernment anymore and not just swallow it all. Gotta check their proof texts constantly. Phew ... I reckon it ain't easy but it 'will' be worth it all in The End.

We really need to wear that old e-sword out or wear our fingers to the bone on it.
God gives grace though. Everything I do is basically painful, except my fingers while typing at the computer.

Now ain't that God ?! :-D

2006/3/4 5:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy