SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : faith inchrist but living in sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
luckyd

tx

faith inchrist but living in sin

if someone is living in sin but they say they are saved and have thier faith in christ does it really mean they are saved. My friend isnt a slave to just one sin but to many sins. he is having sex with his gf and always cusing, talking about how he doesnt like certain people, talks dirty all the time about girls etc. and many more things. I can not see christ at all in him and from what i can tell hes being a leader for satan. He was proud that he was wearing a wristband that said a scripture because he thinks he has a relationship with god yet hes living in so much sin and theres nothing to show for his faith. are people likethis really saved? because he thinks he is

2006/3/1 13:37Profile

Re: faith inchrist but living in sin

1 John 2:3-6 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, [b]is a liar, and the truth is not in him[/b]. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

This does not mean that we will never sin... we will. But the type of unrepentent sin you're describing shows that your friend is not saved. If he was he would be changed. Thats what "easy-believism" has produced today... people who think they are saved, but have not repented.

Krispy

2006/3/1 13:58
CyberCarbon

Re:

Hebrew 4;12 For the word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

2006/3/2 17:36Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re: faith inchrist but living in sin

Bible says if you have something against your brother go to him and settle it. If he dosn't hear you bring another brother with you and talk to him.
wearing a scripture won't help, pharisee's also wore scripture it was called a phyilaceries. that was a box with scriture in it. wearing some thing don't make you holy anymore then wearing a jersy make you a sports star.
If we must talk to some one about our friend, talk to someone who knews all things from the beginning. talk to God about him and ask the Holy Spirit to help give you an answer.

2006/3/2 17:52Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

your in this person life for a reason. start planting some seeds of Christ words of love for this person,that he may be saved,and do so with love,John8:1-11 He that is without sin amoung you,cast the first stone.

2006/3/2 19:39Profile
W_D_J_D

Re:

the bible does not say we will continue to sin.......krispy kritter you are dead wrong.

maybe you are refering to 1john 2:1-2 when it says "IF we sin" not "WHEN we sin" if you keep reading 1 john you will see that we must be dead to the world, love only God, and cease to sin.

Believe it or not.......God gave us the power to live victorious and to cease froim sinning.

God bless yo

2006/3/2 20:19Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

that is a hash anwser, it is good that God is the judge because he is justified because he see's our hearts. when i became a christian it took many years for different sins to desolve in my life. people would tell me this was wrong and that was wrong but i couldn't see it in my heart until God revealed it to me. certain sin that i continued in came to a harsh conclusion in my life and i learned from it. if a person is stuck in an area that is destructive you need to pray that the holy spirit convicts their heart and transforms them. i know that the worst feeling in the world is having a sin that you hate and want to get rid of and people around you continuously remind you about it and judge you for it. UNLESS THE FATHER REMOVES SIN FROM YOUR LIFE IT WILL STAY THERE. pray pray pray that the lord reveals it to their heart and then they will ask the lord to push it out of their life

2006/3/4 17:49Profile
nacl

Babylon

Re: two points

Two points:

[u][b]1)Romans 6:2,6-7,11-12[/b][/u] "How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Likewise reckon yourselved to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey the lusts thereof."

[u][b]1 John 3:9[/b][/u] "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: an he connot sin, because he is born of God."

Now I don't personally know anybody who is completely free from sin right now, but the word is the word. Christians are not to be sinners.

2)[u][b]Romans 7:7[/b][/u] "I had not known sin but by the law."

[u][b]Romans 3:20[/b][/u] "For by the law is the knowledge of sin."

If one can go years in open sin without realizing it, that one is not very familiar with the law. Which, as our friend Krispy pointed out, is another by-product of the "easy-believism" cotton-candy faith so prevalent today. Don't blame the Thrice-Holy One.

2006/3/5 0:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy