SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I need deliverance from... Anger, unforgiveness, bitterness...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
dougkristen

I need deliverance from... Anger, unforgiveness, bitterness...

Has anyone ever struggled or wrestled in their lives with these issues of unforgiveness, bitterness and anger? God has been doing much in my life to rid me of the junk in my soul and this is the one remaining giant that I need to kill before it kills me. I am confessing this because this is the place to start. I am seeking your prayers as I seek the Lord for deliverance in this area.

Any books, articles, sermons, scriptures, etc. would be greatful to help me meditate as I seek the Lord in this area.

Doug

2006/2/28 14:35Profile

Re: I need deliverance from... Anger, unforgiveness, bitterness...

Will be praying for you brother Doug.

You've taken the first step, and that's a great thing. Those three things you mention are three seperate things, though connected and I think we all see at least one of them in ourselves from time to time ... if not alot at times.

Prayer and The Word is all I could say and the prayers of others for you ... so that God gets all the glory.

These are tough cookies to break and yes, I think the most of us struggle with them.
We should pray one for another on these, because I don't know anyone who hasn't faced these.

Do you think learning forgiveness might be first on our lists ?

Yes, pray one for another on this. Amen.

Annie too

2006/2/28 14:51

Re:

Oh my, I forgot to say that God's positives negate the negatives.

I don't know, but when I focus on just my negatives and try to conquer them, I get deeper in a ditch of despair if I don't let God's positive push out and replace the negative.

What I'm trying to say is, IF we focus on His Love and asking Him to show us His Love so that we Love others with His love, it 'does' seem to cover a multitude of sin in others and if we focus on others than we forget our own selfish needs or whatever causes our negatives.

I think that is why Love is the fulfilling of all the law and the prophets and there are so many verses on it from Deut on to Rev.

Pray one for another and love one another.
Thanks Doug. :-)

2006/2/28 15:00
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I think we all need deliverance

Dom

2006/2/28 15:17Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
I am confessing this...

I think you are on the right track here. :-) if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness 1 John 1:9 This is a wonderful verse... one single thing for me to do and then the whole issue becomes entirely God's responsibility.

2006/2/28 15:26Profile
dohzman

A GOOD BOOK TO CHECK OUT

John Bevere has a really good book dealing with this very issue called "Bait of Satan". I believe every believer should read it at about the 3rd year of thier christian walk. By then we have all been offended enough to really appreciate what he deals with in that book and some of the practical suggestions he makes reference to. I always go back to the scripture in Peter where he says that others in the faith have suffered in like manner, so we know that we'er not alone. Nobodies exempt :-( how ever that means others have overcome and you will too :-) God Bless, you'll have my prayers. bro. Daryl

2006/2/28 17:22Profile
nacl

Babylon

I just preached this past Friday on the subject of getting free from the bondage of sin, so let me break out the outline....

First, confession is good. Confessing to God is crucial, as has been pointed out, and confessing our faults to each other is very helpful (James 5:16). You have done that, which means you're on the way.

You must take God at His word (thanks MeAgain!). The word of God is truth (John 17:17) and the truth shall make us free (John 8:32). You can take hold of the promises of God, but you have to know them and believe that our Lord is faithful to keep them.

Jesus already overcame the world (John 16:33). That includes the sins that you/we are struggling with, anger, bitterness, etc. How do we partake of Christ's overcoming? Our faith (1 John 5:4)!! That's how we appropriate victory over sin.

My last note is that we have to commit ourselves and our sinful habits to God. In 2 Timothy 1:12, Paul lets us know that God is able to keep what we commit to His care. Ravi Zacharias points out that He is not responsible for what we keep to ourselves or try to handle in our own power.

If we try to take care of sin by ourselves, we will fail. We need the power of God, the victory that our Savior already wrought, to overcome sin. Or rather, we need to let God overcome the sin in us.

Our old man, our sinful nature, is already crucified with Christ (Romans 6:6), but we have a tendency to cling to its corpse rather than reckon ourselves dead to sin (Romans 6:11), knowing that no good thing dwells in the flesh (Romans 7:18).

God can free us!! As has been stated by everyone else, let us pray one for another, that God will be glorified in delivering His people from anything unlike His beautiful Self!

Your brother in the struggle,
D.

2006/3/1 2:03Profile
Tears_of_joy

Hi brother,

I have been greatly blessed by George H. Warnock , I have heard just two sermons by him, but many times. The one is [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4664]A Way Through the Wilderness[/url] , he is talking about bitterness. Anointed sermon!

God bless,
Kire

2006/3/1 20:13Profile
roadsign

Re: Why are you angry?

Quote:
Has anyone ever struggled or wrestled in their lives with these issues of unforgiveness, bitterness and anger?

These are common struggles, for sure. There is always a reason. They don't just arise out of the blue. I sure wouldn't want to give you any advice. Even a professional counselor would ask a lot more questions before making any suggestions.

I guess the challenge is to keep on learning about yourself. Freedom from these besetting troubles requires sacrifice - like letting go of vengeance, letting yourself be wronged, letting parents off the hook for their wrongs.... accepting past losses just to name a few possibilities...

Maybe something here is helpful: [url=http://www.thewayback.net/articles/ANGER/title.htm]Why are you angry?[/url]
Diane

2006/3/1 23:20Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Quote:
If we try to take care of sin by ourselves, we will fail. We need the power of God, the victory that our Savior already wrought, to overcome sin. Or rather, we need to let God overcome the sin in us.

All of this has been so great and very helpful. I have been seeking God and He has been revealing some more areas in my life I have to give over to Him.

Doug

2006/3/1 23:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy