SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : WHAT DO YOU MEDITATE ON?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

WHAT DO YOU MEDITATE ON?

Today in this age that we live in there is so much to distract us in our daily lives that we get foucsed on, family, WORK, enterainmaent of all types serving our fleshly desires. Our minds are focused on these things.
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Here in this scripture tells us that we should meditate on the Word of God day and night. This means that we are to chew the Word and let it digest in your spirit and the Lord will reveal the true meaning and revolation on His Word. The Word of God is a LIVE.
The Word also is saying that if we do the meditation, thinking, saying, living it out in our daily lives He, GOD will make our way prosperous.
What ever we set our hands to to will have good success in doing so.
And what ever we meditate on determines spiritual walk withthe Lord Jesus, we have to consider Him in all things knowing what His WORD has to say about certian situations that we face daily in our everyday lives.
Hebrews 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
If we meditate on scriptures chewing them up not letting them pass right through us like diaria, so the word can take hold in our spirit then He can quicken the revolation in us.
We need to start to meditate on the scriptures on REVIVAL and praying for the next move of the almighty GOD.
This next Revival is going to be OUTSIDE of the 4 walls of the CHURCH.
It will be in the marketplaces, work, gas stations, anywhere we are at yeilding to the Holy Spirit and being obedient to His voice telling us what Hw wants to be done.
Man is goign to try to figure this move out and he can not be even able to start to do that. God will make his mind go in circles, then man wil miss the move of GOD that will be taking place. Here is some scriptures to back what I am saying on this.
Luk 5:36 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.
Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.
Man wants what he is use to nothing new because it means CHANGE and man does not want to change from what he has been doing. He wnats something that he is familiar with.
God is goign to do something NEW that our fine minds will tweak to if we are in the FLESHLY ways serving ourself centered ways of life.
So like I have said we need to meditate on His Word concerning REVIVAL chewing it up letting it digest in our spirit and also seek GOD's face in fervent prayer.
The Dove of the Holy Spirit is going to land and then REVIVAL and Reformation will come to us.
That is what I have been doing in my own life seeking and considering Him in all things. I have and still are having Revival in my own life for some time. Like you all know Revival starts in our own selves first. Putting Jesus Christ the Lord of my life.
:-? :-o :-?

2006/2/26 22:28Profile
Mavtech

Iowa

Re: WHAT DO YOU MEDITATE ON?

Thanks for your heart. It sounds like God has opened up blessing of his spirit to you. Jesus is working in your life. I too have seen God move in my life. I recently began a serious turn around. I have repented and yet know repentence is a life long process. But as I made those decision. True decisions backed by action and truth, God began to bless me with more and more of his provision and ultimately with himself.
So now I meditate on his forgiveness and provision. He has given me many verses. Hebrew 12:1, I am surrounded by those who went before us and they are backing me to throw off that sin and run toward Christ. John 14:12 we can ask Jesus for things of his will and know he will answer.
There are many things I meditate on but many the many aspects of God. Triune God, Father, Son (Jesus), and the Spirit of God. There are many aspects of God but the ones that remind me of the Big God we serve and who is for us (Romans 8) not against us.
Thanks for stimulating my thoughts on this, I praise and thank God for your work in us. The saving, the healing and the setting free ( three part definition for salvation in the greek).
Jesus, I pray that many more would praise you for the work of God in our lives and hearts. Jesus all glory is do you and I know you won't settle for half hearted followers. Help us to give it all up to you, holding nothing back.

Jesus name amen,
love you brother's and sister's and seekers,
Jeremy Weeks

2006/4/2 18:18Profile

Quote:
this scripture tells us that we should meditate on the Word of God day and night. This means that we are to chew the Word and let it digest in your spirit and the Lord will reveal the true meaning and revolation on His Word. The Word of God is a LIVE.

Amen. We have discussed this at length in the thread 'Born Again By What Means', which was based on this verse from 1 Peter 1

23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, [b]through the word of God which lives and abides forever[/b], (NKJV)

Quote:
Thanks for stimulating my thoughts on this, I praise and thank God for your work in us. The [b]saving[/b], the [b]healing[/b] and the [b]setting free (three part definition for salvation in the greek)[/b].

I like this definition.

What does the 'healing' part mean, in your experience...?

2006/4/3 6:07

I meditate on how I can fulfill the lust of my flesh, and to have pleasure in sin for a season, and than go thru a depression of what I have reaped.

God gives me daily something to munch on from His holy Spirit.

I only meditate on that which He gives me. But regarding temptation and sin, I meditate on that more than anything.

I know what it is like to be "Oh wretched man that I am", Romans 8 where are you?

My my it's a beautiful day today!!

:-)

2006/4/3 9:07
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I meditate on how I can fulfill the lust of my flesh, and to have pleasure in sin for a season, and than go thru a depression of what I have reaped.

I don't understand what you mean. You mediate on how you can fulfill the lust of your flesh? Why not meditate on how you don't have to fullfill it?

Edit: How does that line up with what is below.......?

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

2006/4/3 12:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy