SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are we saved by faith alone? Or are we saved by faith and works?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

I think we should ask our self what is Faith? examples in the bible of faith....let's take a look in matt7:24 [i]Therfore whosoever hearth these sayings of mine,and doeth them.I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.[/i]I think their are three key words (Hearth,and doeth them,upon the Rock,, also faith is one who is wise to build (when you go to build a house it is great task of and skill, labor and pain and lot of work)this the wise builder,who does so in faith On the Rock.which is the Lord Jesus Christ.

2006/2/27 21:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Where do we get ears to hear and eyes to see?
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Pro 20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the LORD hath made even both of them.

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

To come unto Him we must hear Him, we cannot come to Him unless the Father gives us ears to hear Him first or no one would come if they were not called.

Rom 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Who is the Word of God? Jesus Christ, and we cannot hear unless the Father gives us ears to hear Him.

Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

That is why Jesus said, Matthew 16:16-18 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: ---for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.--- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. God The Father gave Peter the ears to hear and the eyes to see.

The Born again the same, but the Faith is the Faith of the Son of God. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. How do we live in the flesh?

By the Faith of Christ, In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/27 22:53Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Hearing only..... is in Matt 7:27([i]And everone that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, Shall be likend unto a foolish man,which built his house upon the sand.[/i] this passage states what it like not to have faith,when you hear,but don't do.

2006/2/27 23:33Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Faith![i][b]calls us to act upon it![/b][/i]not to be idol.

2006/2/28 0:11Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Was Jesus Christs Faith idol? I think not. That is the Faith we now have. How can it be idol unless it is the person that does not hear.
How can anyone hear unless called, my phone is dead if nobody calls me.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/2/28 0:25Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Re: Are we saved by faith alone? Or are we saved by faith and works?

jimp, no offense brother, but did you read the whole of what I said in context? I think that's where so many of us go wrong and place a low opinion on the importance of works, just like we place a low opinion on the immportance of water baptism. No, these things will not save you, but they are still important.

Phillip: BRAVO! That's what it's all about! Christ in us is our hope of glory. Without Him we could do nothing, and without him all our good works are as filthy rags. He lives His life through us, and does the good works of His choosing (obedience, not sacrifice) these are the good works that please God, not our own works.

2006/2/28 1:18Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Read matt 7: 24-27 slowly[u]parable of two builders[/u]Can you agree that both builders Hear the sayings?Only one of the builders acts upon them in faith,which is called wise

2006/2/28 1:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Thank you Taka, and Amen.

2006/3/1 1:53Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

This is the understanding of the two who built a house, one on sand and the other on the Rock. Of course the Rock is Christ. The sayings are a precursor to hearing and becoming wise. 7:21 is the reason one built upon the Rock and the other did not. It is the predeterminetive will of God the Father. They both heard the sayings but only one heard Who was speaking them the other only heard the words not trusting in the One that spoke them. Like Peter only the Father can reveal the Rock. Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/1 4:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy