SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : catholics with gifts?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
warriorofgod

catholics with gifts?

Why are catholics speaking in tongues?

2006/2/26 18:34Profile
roadsign

Re: catholics with gifts?

Quote:

I am not Charismatic, but I asked a Charismatic Catholic the question and he said:

It's not a question of Catholics speaking in tongues....why is anybody speaking in tongues? Speaking in tongues is one of the most common of gifts from the Holy Spirit. It enhances worship - i.e. when one runs out of superlatives and praises during worship it's a joy to be able to let go
completely and speak or sing in tongues. This should not be confused with the other gift of tongues which is more serious and prophetic. It could be an existing or a defunct language - but, at all times, needs to be interpreted on the spot by someone with the gift of interpretation. If you
are born again and living in the spirit, you receive the gifts. The Holy Spirit makes no denominational distinction!

2006/2/26 21:42Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: catholics with gifts?

Quote:

why should they not?

2006/2/27 0:14Profile

Re:

In every major religion there is tongues speaking. Therefore, just because someone speaks in tongues it does not necessarily mean it is from the Holy Spirit. It can be demonic, and it can also be human.

We need to be careful with this because if we start using sign gifts as a means for determining whether or not someone or something is of God, and ignore the scriptures, then we will find ourselves in a dangerous place spiritually. This is why we have as many false teachers in the church today.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, [b]and shall show great signs and wonders[/b]; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, [b]and shall show signs and wonders[/b], to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

2Th 2:8-10 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan [b]with all power and signs and lying wonders[/b], And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Mat 7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, [b]have we not prophesied[/b] in thy name and in thy name [b]have cast out devils[/b]? and in thy name done many [b]wonderful works[/b]? And then will I profess unto them, [b][i]I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity[/i][/b].

Krispy

2006/2/27 7:24

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy