SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is your opion of this - Jennifer Perez Testimony?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: generally speaking

How's everyone doing? Haven't had a lot of time lately as my responsibilities have added much more pressures and now prayer seems to be taking more of my time. I kinda humourously approach the whole story of Peter and his trance in Joppa rembering also how he backed down from eating with gentile believers and had to be confronted and rebuked publically by Paul, probably missed out on a very good tasting ham :-)

As to visions and dreams, it is no small matter that not only do they need to be grounded in scripture, but also demons fallen spirits etc... seem to have some access to (some) believers in thier sleep at times, and because of that the proper applications need to administered, if one prophesies let another judge, same principle. All things in order and all things to the edifing of the body of Christ and glorifying of God. I would probably ask first if the lady who had this experience was faithful in a grounded in the truth fellowship and then build from there. So many of these experience based ministries have no real authority and arenot submitted to anyone at all, no accountability. Don't know if that's the case here, so I'm speaking in a broad generality.BTW Krisy---I love your zeal for the truth bro. God Bless :-) Love in Christ Bro. Daryl

2006/3/3 8:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
I’ve seen many, many people beaten, torture and tormented by demons. If tormenting and torturing are happening to the unrighteous in plain sights it’s not unlikely that demons are tormenting unrepented sinners who die in their sins, and this will continues until the Christ comes and put an end to all evil and cast the demons into everlasting condemnation.

I'm not gonna get into a big debate over this cuz I think this is about as important as whether or not Adam had a belly button... but where in scripture do we read that there are demons in hell right now? Satan didnt fall to hell... he fell to earth. He roams the earth seeking who he may devour. I havent studied this out, and perhaps someone will proove me wrong, but I dont remember anything in scripture that indicates demons are currently in hell.

Do y'all know where we get this notion? Catholic art. Lets get our notions from scripture... it's more reliable.

I do agree they are tormenting people here on earth. Thats what they do. Thats obvious in scripture. They also torment pigs apparently too... lol.

I maintain that hell was made FOR the Devil and his angels, just as Christ said it was. It is intended for THEIR punishment. They will be tormented there. I believe they will be so pre-occupied with their own torment, they wont be thinking about human souls.

But in the end... what does it really matter? The important thing for us is to make sure we'll be piggin' out at the wedding feast!

Krispy

2006/3/3 9:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Visions

I love to read stories of people who had a vision of heaven and {{maybe]]] hell IF they are authentic. They do exist. I think it is terrible how the devil has exploited this venue to deceive people, but then one should not be surprised either.

One time I did a search on google about visions of heaven and the stuff people write! Some are so imaginative it is obvious. Others, leave you wondering.

Seems to me many of these visions of hell can serve as a stumbling block to weak Christians...

Just my opinion...
ginnyrose

2006/3/3 9:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
Seems to me many of these visions of hell can serve as a stumbling block to weak Christians...

BINGO!! You got it. The Devil is subtle, and Christians fall for it all the time. I know I do at times as well.

Krispy

2006/3/3 9:57
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy
i hear you bro, i know God didn't change but His covenant did. now with the first covenant the Jews had strict dietary laws (which Peter still followed after salvation evidently) and He was asking Peter to violate those. i asked y'all if this was or wasn't contradictory. it seems to me it is but like i said at the end of the post, i'm trying to figure it out so help me out here. it seems to me that the mosaic covenant and o.t. is God's word just as much as is the new covenant and the n.t.now can you or someone answer the question was the Lord contradicting His word in what He asked Peter to do or not?

i'm not losing any sleep over it but it seems plain enough to me that the Lord is sovereign and can do as He pleases.

Quote:
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

AMEN bro! we oft come to God with many wrong ideas and conceptions of Him (an idealized idol) which are so dear to us and when God shows us Himself as He is, we tend not to want to let those go though. i know the god i worshipped before was an idol of my own making but thanks be to God for His grace and mercy which reveals God to me as He in fact is.AMEN.

2006/3/3 13:06Profile

Re:

IRONMAN... I dont have time right now to answer that, and I need to study it a little. I think I pretty much know the answer, but I cant put it into words at this time. Someone else might be able answer it better than I.

But thats a great question, and it's one I know a lot of people struggle with.

Krispy

2006/3/4 6:31
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

peter vision,of the great sheet,had four coners knited no4= four coner of the earth,all the beast where unclean ,and creeping things.=all with in the earth, acts10:15What God hath cleansed,that call not thou common.peter was being called to preach to the (gentiles),you'll see this in ver 28[u]And he said unto them,Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a jew to keep company,or come unto one of another nation;but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or un clean.[/u]no where does it say peter ate anything unfit.

2006/3/4 7:35Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro GQ

Quote:
peter vision,of the great sheet,had four coners knited no4= four coner of the earth,all the beast where unclean ,and creeping things.=all with in the earth, acts10:15What God hath cleansed,that call not thou common.peter was being called to preach to the (gentiles),you'll see this in ver 28And he said unto them,Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a jew to keep company,or come unto one of another nation;but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or un clean.no where does it say peter ate anything unfit.

i didn't say that Peter ate any of the stuff because he refused to and stayed hungry so the Lord had commanded him to eat but he refused.

2006/3/4 10:46Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Krispy
thanks for considering that, let me know as the Lord leads what you find out. yeah i agree it is one that causes grown saints to sit down and seek the Lord...

2006/3/4 10:51Profile
bertyalva

Re: What is your opion of this - Jennifer Perez Testimony?

I can tell you her experience was real. She is from my city in Houston and I knew her and her family. All I can say is she was rebellious but totally changed after this and began sharing her story. For a while we went to the same church and I got to spend a lot of time with her and her family but when they went to Bible college we lost touch.

Funny I was just goggling them to see if they were online somewhere. I miss them and wanted to reach out but I ended up coming across this thread. I must admit I was a bit hesitant to reply but if it helps one person, or reaffirms someone to boldly share this testimony and leads more people to Christ then who am I to not reply to this. I saw you guys getting into a back and forth on her testimony from a theological stand point but I just wanted to reaffirm it's validity. So this is legit, I met a girl who's life completely changed. God bless you guys, hopes this helps someone.

2012/7/16 22:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy