SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Eve's transgression means... what exactly?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Eve's transgression means... what exactly?

Quote:
May man and woman come to this precious truth and may husband and wife be as God intends them to be for the Glory of God.

Phillip,

Thank you for your response.

I noticed something else, when I was reading the scroture after I'd posted.... in the next bit, it says:

NKJV 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless [u]she[/u] will be saved in childbearing if [u]they[/u] continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

For some reason, I have never heard an exposition of v 15, which includes 'Adam' or [i] the man[/i]. I've always assumed or believed that the 'they' referred to 'wo[u]men[/u]' (woman, plural).

Now, I see that the man is distinctly involved in the 'salvation' of the woman, and this makes a great deal more sense of the passage in Ephesians which has been quoted in the previous posts, where the man is exhorted to lay down his life for his wife, as Christ for the church.

I think this is deep. It is as if every man has somehow to redeem the first Adam's negligence to step up and lead Eve aright, isn't it?

2006/3/8 8:05
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1Ti 2:14
Was not deceived; by the serpent in the first transgression. The serpent first assailed the woman, as being most open to his arts, and having deceived her, he made use of her to persuade her husband. Compare the words of the woman, "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat;" and the words of God to the man, "Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten," Ge 3:13,17. The headship was given to the man, not to the woman.

In the old testament the headship was most definitely the mans. Even though they did it completely wrong. As they did it completely wrong, Jesus Himself said, it was not so from the beginning. Mark 10:6-8 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. If husband are one flesh and one Spirit in the Lord, with Christ in them, Christ in Her and Christ in Him, then the only thing that is not one is the Mind. This is where the war is, not only with man and woman, but mankind and Christ.

Now, if we have the mind of Christ, what has to be accomplished for us to be one with Christ, answer, renew the mind. Renew the mind to what? That Christ is our life, our mind, our righteousness, our wisdom, our sanctification, our redemption, our all.

So if man and woman are in Christ, where is the headship? Is the man head over the woman? Only if the man and woman are not in Christ. In Christ husband is to love his wife as Christ loves His bride and gave Himself for Her. In Christ the wife is to honor her husband as she honors Christ who gave Himself for Her. In Christ the woman and man are one in Flesh, husband and wife, one in Spirit, in Christ, and becoming one in soul, the mind of Christ. Why do we submit to Christ? He first loved us and gave himself for us. Why does a woman submit to her husband? The husband in Christ learning Christ and learning to love his wife as Christ loves His Bride, the wife loves and submits to the Christ in her husband and the husband loves the Christ that is in his wife and submits also. Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. There are no wanta bees in Christ. There are only Be-er's. There is only headship by be-ing. There cannot be headship without being servant of all. Mark 10:44-45 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/9 2:30Profile

Re: Eve's transgression

Quote:
In Christ the woman and man are one in Flesh, husband and wife, one in Spirit, in Christ, and becoming one in soul, the mind of Christ. Why do we submit to Christ? He first loved us and gave himself for us. Why does a woman submit to her husband? The husband in Christ learning Christ and learning to love his wife as Christ loves His Bride, the wife loves and submits to the Christ in her husband and the husband loves the Christ that is in his wife and submits also. Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Hello Phillip,

You have described a very beautiful picture here and I want very much to agree with it.... but I'm pretty sure we don't become one soul with our marriage partner, even if we become one mind with Chirst.

And I believe your thought of submission by the man to the woman, is backed up by

1 Corinthians 7
4(b)and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except [it be] with consent for a time,

To me as a woman, the most important thing I want to see in my husband, is his submitting to God. To me this is what makes him a MAN.... as he walks in the Spirit and not the flesh, he becomes more beautiful, even if there are many privations for a wife because of it. It is far easier to honour a man who is imitating Christ, than one who is making sure he gets what he thinks he deserves from family life.

Quote:
There cannot be headship without being servant of all. Mark 10:44-45 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

I agree. And it is not just to be a ploy to force a woman into submission.

Let me tell you about a man of God I know. He is happily married and had been for many years. As he arrived home, after many weeks of itinerant ministry in foreign countries, he found his wife in the kitchen - not a small room - on her knees, scrubbing the floor. His response? 'You shouldn't be doing that. Here... let me'.... and he took over to finish the floor washing. Isn't [i]that[/i] love?

2006/3/10 11:44
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
You are so right, she doesn't boss him aroung and he doesn't boss her around but in loving care for her leads her, not by a leash but hand in hand and always giving himself for her. Her submission will be just like Mary at the Feet of Jesus, willing and wanting to follow her Savior because she is His Bride, which Mary already was, The Bride of Christ as we all the Born Again are, and it will be consummated at the wedding feast of the Lamb. Praise God He is my Husband too.

THe difficulty is, no matter how much we say this, practically speaking, in a husband/wife relationship, even one in which Christ is Lord of both, there inevitably comes because of different dispositions, a place where the husband may see something and the wife does not or vise/versa. There is a time when a decision must be made when both do not agree though in attitude they both say they want the Lord's will, but what that will is, they don't see eye to eye.

This may be because of differences in spiritual growth, disposition, or whatever. But in the end, no matter what you say is "mutual submission" or whatever, a decision must be made on which both do not have one mind.

What do you do? You both call on the Lord but there is still no agreement.

The Husband says, "I belive this is the sense I have of the Lord," The Wife says, "I don't see that, I thin, this or feel this or "I just don't see that the same way you do"?

And the Lord HImself allows this. He does not seem to be interested in brining both to the same opinion. What is He after?.

The Husband must act according to his leading. And the wife must be subject and say, "Lord, I don't see it but I accept it because the husband is the head of the wife." And even if she is right, she must yeild.

Sorry sisters, but this is the Word of God, and sorry brothers, but you must answer to the Lord.

But the real answer is the Cross. God's answer in any situation is the termination of both parties and the establishing of Christ as Head.

But in God's order, the husband is indeed the head of the wife and both are subject to Christ. And the Wife should yeild and be subject not in a slavish way, but as unto the Lord.

The cross means that we do not insist even if we believe we are right. We take God's order and God's way and take the Lord as Grace even if we feel we are right.

"Wives, be subject unto your own husbands, even to them that are disobedient to the word that they may be won without a word by your chaste and respectful behaviour.

Hard words for our age but this is God's way.

Graftedbranch

2006/3/13 13:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy