SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
roadsign

God enters man's drama

Quote:
high-rise building...about to celebrate somthing

Reminds me of the Tower of Babel. .... mmm .. didn't that have something to do with tongues??? ... God's intervention ... for their own good, not merely punishment.... redemptive in nature. When we can't trust in our own "towers", we have to trust in God.

God sure has a way of entering on the scene of human drama - and shaking it all up, and putting his beloved Son where he should be - center stage.

GreenQuality, how is he doing that in your life?

Diane

2006/3/1 23:03Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re: God enters man's drama

To make it simple.He is the Rock which is un shakable,And by Fear and by faith,building upon that Rock which is Christ our Lord. i never looked at that dream in that way, when my mom passed when i was 8,and knew little of my father. my building was shaking,my world as I new it was gone.at eight yr. I remeber raising my fist at God asking why, why did you take my mommy ,just take me instead, and give her back.I have sister who is a yr younger,I moved in with my grandmother and uncle.such sadness in that house.I grew up hateful and showing anger towards the one's that loved me and raised the most.and threw this time.I wonder why, and where, my father is, my own flesh,what would it be like to have one in my time of need,or just to look up to.soon i have moved out on my own (at the time of this dream)i went my way the only way I knew SIN I ended up Poor,but iwas always poor, but this was different,i lost evrthing I was in a good working band,I had the love in my life a car, apartment,freinds everything gone. I was homeless.i moved to building on the 6 floor with big window,it was a shelter for the homeless.I smoked pot and drank like a fish.((Iwas broken, when standing in the shower with clothes on my back trying to clean them.))I had a room no bigger than a bathroom,And out that window on the 6th floor at night i would look at this blue light which shined on the mother mary next to the church about 3 blocks,and a ray of light shot out at me and hit my forhead,at That moment I cryed and asked Jesus to save me,now i have asked in times before this same thing.I felt a boldness in which i never had before.. from that time.I stoped smoking pot,drinking.reading the bible,got a job. then read matt ch5 thur ch 7.And acted upon the saying Of the Lord,He showed me as I walked in his word, how to love those around me,who did not love me first. in way's I never thought I could.((matt ch5 ver 41,and whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile,go with him two.I'm Starting to know my Father thur the love of Christ.and we are still walking,and yes i fall from time to time,but he is there to pick me up.

2006/3/2 2:48Profile
repentcanada

Re:

I was listening to a Zac Poonen commentary on Luke and he was stating how the baptism of the Holy Spirit is mentioned in all 4 Gospels and the Book of Acts, so it is obviously a very real and important thing.

He then stated that if Satan wanted to stop a believer from receiving something, it would be the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. So by people who speak in tongues believing they are baptized in the Holy Spirit simply because they speak in tongues, they feel they have received all from God and are seeking nothing. Yet the vast majority of these people who fall in this category do not have the power which God is to accompany the baptism of the Spirit.

Where is the power of the Church today? We have so many who claim to be filled with the Spirit, and baptised in the Holy Spirit yet no real apparent power of God with them.

Poonen stated that he believes most claims on the Baptism are counterfeits. Many who claim this feel as such because they had an "experience" where they felt emotional, where their pastor told them "your baptized in the Spirit now brother", etc.

2006/3/2 10:25Profile
Abide

Re: God enters man's drama

A wise person once told me, that your look will get you who you want, but the way you treat them will determine if you will keep them or not.

Now, this may or may not sound worldly to you, it does to me – but it is very profound.

The person went on to say look, why is it that walking down the street you see a very handsome guy walking with a not too pretty girl or a very pretty girl with a not too handsome guy, it’s the way you treat them that will determine if you will keep them or not.

•If this were not so, why would Paul elaborate on it as a teaching towards marriage?
•Why would God choose to mention it in the book of Samuel when choosing a King?

1 Peter 3:3 - 4 DO not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing GOLD, or putting on fine apparel - (4) rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

1 Timothy 2:11-12 Let a women learn in silence with all submission. (12) And I do not permit a, women to teach or to have authority over a man, (Let me say that Again) and I do not permit a Women to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

1 Samuel 16: 7(d) For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man LOOKS at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. (I hope this helps)

I remember in ’79 how when speaking to a man I had no mercy honestly I didn’t. I remember when at the age of 19 I lived in a high rise apartment complex, and I had no mercy when speaking and sharing my thoughts and opinions, or my views and intellect. Not to say that I am an intelligent person, I tend to be slow at times, but when need be I do share my ingenuity.

The Lord blessed me with a Mom that taught me through her teachings how to speak and how to be reverent not answering back.

I learned that there was a time to speak and a time to be quiet. Oh if we could only grasp this little piece right here. God will make room for your gift and he will give you the opportunity to speak when the time is right. It is so easy to speak out words but they are more profound when held inside for a season and through prayer releasing them at the appointed time.

I learned through some ancient teachings that God will reveal things to us, God will reveal secrets in prayer but it is not for us to share, until the Lord has released us to do so.

I don’t know much about speaking in a tongue or tongues and maybe I don’t know anything at all.

Here is a scripture;

1.You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes. (Job 5:21)

2. Keep your tongue from evil, And your lips from speaking deceit. (Ps 34:13)

3. And my tongue shall speak of Your righteousness And of your praise all the day long. (Ps 35:28)

4. I SAID, I will guard my ways, Lest I sin with my tongue; (Ps 39:1)

5. If I do not remember you, Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth- If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief Joy. (PS 137:6)

6. The Mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, But the perverse tongue will be cut out. (Prov 10:31)

7.A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, But perverseness in it breaks the spirit. (Prov 15:4)

8. Whoever guards his mouth and tongue, Keeps his soul from troubles. (Prov 21:23)

9. By Long forbearance a ruler is persuaded, And a gentle tongue breaks a bone. (Prov 25:15)

10. The Lord God has given Me The tongue of the learned, That I should know how to speak A word in season to him who is weary. (Isa 50:4)

11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Phil 2:11) – Hallelujah! I exalt your Holy Name and I lift you up, there is none like you, You reign on high and you are worthy to be praised and adored. If I make my bed in Heaven you are there, if I make my bed on the earth your are there, where can I go from your spirit?

12. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless (James 1:26)

13. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! (James 3:5)

14. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. (James 3:6 – I don’t mean to do this)

15. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poision (James 3:8)

16. My little children let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. (1 John 3:18)

17. Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth-to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people. (Rev 14:6)

En medio del cielo vi volar otro ángel que tenía el evangelio eterno para predicarlo a los habitantes de la tierra, a toda nación, tribu, lengua y pueblo. Ssanntoo.

I learned that in speaking with tongues one is able to edify, to exhort, and to encourage.

Here is a scripture;

1.You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion From the strife of tongues. (Ps 31:20)

2. And these signs will follow those who believe: In my name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; They will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. (Mark 16:17-18)

3. Then there appeared to them (divided) tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude, came together and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, LOOK, are not all these who speak Galilieans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? (Acts 2:3-8)

y se les aparecieron lenguas repartidas, como de fuego, asentándose sobre cada uno de ellos. Y fueron todos llenos del Espíritu Santo, y comenzaron a hablar en otras lenguas, según el Espíritu les daba que hablasen. Moraban entonces en Jerusalén judíos, varones piadosos, de todas las naciones bajo el cielo. Y hecho este estruendo, se juntó la multitud; y estaban confusos, porque cada uno les oía hablar en su propia lengua. Y estaban atónitos y maravillados, diciendo: Mirad, ¿no son galileos todos estos que hablan? Cómo, pues, les oímos nosotros hablar cada uno en nuestra lengua en la que hemos nacido???

4. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. (Acts 19:6)

5. THOUGH I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

Yet in the church I would rather speak five words with my understanding, that I may teach others also, then ten thousand (10,000) words in a tongue

Brethern, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.

1. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. 1Corn 14:10

2. If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me. 1Corn 14:11

3. So it is with you. Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel in gifts that build up the church. (speaking to myself) 1Corn 14:12

God is still on the throne (thank you).

Let us trust In the Lord and not lean on our own understanding but in all of our ways acknowledge HIM and he will direct our paths. God is Sovereign and the dominion is all his. Those that are led by the Spirit of God those are the sons of God. And may I say his daughters’ too. (Yeah his daughters too).

Sincerely,
EagleLion

2006/3/2 15:15Profile

Re:

Quote:

repentcanada wrote:
I was listening to a Zac Poonen commentary on Luke and he was stating how the baptism of the Holy Spirit is mentioned in all 4 Gospels and the Book of Acts, so it is obviously a very real and important thing.

He then stated that if Satan wanted to stop a believer from receiving something, it would be the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. So by people who speak in tongues believing they are baptized in the Holy Spirit simply because they speak in tongues, they feel they have received all from God and are seeking nothing. Yet the vast majority of these people who fall in this category do not have the power which God is to accompany the baptism of the Spirit.

Where is the power of the Church today? We have so many who claim to be filled with the Spirit, and baptised in the Holy Spirit yet no real apparent power of God with them.

Poonen stated that he believes most claims on the Baptism are counterfeits. Many who claim this feel as such because they had an "experience" where they felt emotional, where their pastor told them "your baptized in the Spirit now brother", etc.

Hey repentcanada,
Your post popped at me, because I was thinking this past week, that usually I hold back some from posting to this subject but this week I felt a "go ahead" and later asked the Lord why.
I tested that a few times and feel the Lord was trying to say, 'How can you expect Revival when you are quenching and questioning the third Person of The Godhead ?'

PHEW. That almost blew me backwards. The Holy Spirit IS GOD ... so when we say it's from the devil or that we don't need ALL that HE has to offer ... how could we say we want ALL of GOD, which would mean Revival ?

Thank you for that timely Word.

2006/3/2 15:30

Re:

Quote:

Greenquality wrote:
This Tongue by the Holy Ghost,in the New Teatatment, Is A gift to spread the Good News!!,in Foreign Languages to foreign people.. Now I believe your ?? should state is their a language that you could speak like, the angles,or speak as them.in some form of un-human Language.only to edify ones self .but not understanding what is being said,to edify one's self??????

The language that angels spoke with in my bible, is always the tongues that we use. Our languages. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just making a point. :-D

2006/3/27 10:21
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

sorry j-bird, I believe other wise,Tounges given on the day of pentcost! is what I believe! a tounge given to speak as angels I do not!

2006/3/27 10:39Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:

We are all by one Spirit baptized into Jesus Christ. I think the problem originates with our understanding first of what it means to be baptized into Jesus Christ. This is a lengthy topic, but until a person is 'in' Christ, all of the finished work of the Cross is not in effect in their life. This baptism into Christ, I believe, is the operation of the Holy Spirit. I do believe in the second blessing of baptism in the Holy Spirit also (as I am Pentecostal); but first things first. Folk can speak in tongues, but that does not impress me because I have seen too much of that type of thing without evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. It comes down to discipling and teaching. Folk have to truly be born again before they can operate in the gifts of the Spirit. I know this will conflict with some folks understandings of the doctrine of salvation; but I just believed a person ought to be born again before we go trying to lead them on into the next step. Some understand the baptism into Christ and the baptism in the Holy Spirit to be one and the same thing. That makes all the gifts available to the Born Again. I am not convinced of this, but wish to emphacize that folk need to be born again before we try to lead them into spiritual things. I know thats common sense and I am not trying to be rude, I have just seen too many attempts to get a person speaking in tongues when it was questionable that they were even regenerated.

2006/3/27 11:27Profile

Re:

Quote:

Greenquality wrote:
sorry j-bird, I believe other wise,Tounges given on the day of pentcost! is what I believe! a tounge given to speak as angels I do not!

Angels spoke in our languages all through the bible. Right? So what makes people think that this is some kind of heavenly language in I Cor. 13:1 Can anyone explaine? Just curious. I'm with you Greenquality on languages unless I could be persuaded otherwise.

2006/3/27 11:34

Re:

Sorry about the double post :-D

2006/3/27 11:36

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy