SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tongues

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

the need for interpretion ,because there was no-body there to hear it in their native ear.

2006/2/27 0:01Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

Green, are you saying that you believe that the current manifestations are not what they seem to be?

2006/2/27 0:09Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

Hello meagain ,1 co13:1 the word( of angel)g32 in the strong's ( to bring tidings),or (a Messenger),or (especially an angel) or;(by implication)or( a Pastor) (angel),messenger.

2006/2/27 0:18Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

YES!

2006/2/27 0:21Profile
warriorofgod

Re:

OK green thank you for your imput. If there is anyone else out there that explain to me how we could discern between false tongues and true tongues it would be of some help. Main question is: Why are the catholics speaking in tongues?

2006/2/27 0:26Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

“Now Paul here says, ‘I may speak with the tongues of men…’ He doesn’t say he doesn’t say he ‘does,’ he says, ‘What if I did?’ Now again, he has been arguing here in this 12th chapter about the gifts of the Spirit. Oh, what controversy they cause. The least gift causes the most trouble. The least gift is tongues; it causes more heartache and havoc than any other gift in all the whole list. Now people say you must speak in tongues to have the baptism of the Spirit. You can’t prove that Scripturally, I don’t care who you are. At least you won’t convince me, because I’ve already convinced myself. But you won’t convince me of that-why not? Because the Scripture clearly says, ‘He gave to one’ what? ‘He gave to one the spirit of wisdom, to another the word of knowledge, to another faith, to another gifts of healing, to another the workings of miracles, to another the discerning of spirits, to another divers gifts of tongues, to another…’

“Now, the Holy Spirit isn’t foolish, surely you wouldn’t say that. If everybody had to have the gift of tongues, the Holy Spirit would certainly say He gave to everybody the gift of tongues, He does not say that, He says He gave ‘to another.’ Now at the end of the chapter when He summarizes it, He says, ‘Well, do all speak in tongues? Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?’ The answer is negative every time. They do not.”

“Now having said that, that does not dismiss a valid experience of tongues. There is a valid experience. There is a valid experience of interpretation; I believe they’re very rare. I’m not gonna’ stay here. Somebody once said, ‘You know, you’ve gotta’ watch what you do preaching, you can stir up more rattlesnakes than you can kill.’ Well, I don’t want to do that; I’ll leave it to the doctor here to answer all the questions. I will stir the rattlesnakes and leave him to kill them.”

“But you see there are at least three kinds of tongues. There are psychic tongues; I use to go to a home where there were two lovely daughters. Well, the mother thought so, I didn’t for sure. But, she said she had two lovely daughters, and, you know those girls communicated from being about ten years of age, they had a language that could not be, in any way, defined. If they wanted a thing, they’d say something, ‘Yap yap, budda budda, shooba-doowah,’ like that, and the girl would say, ‘Yap yap, alright.’ And she would go upstairs and bring a certain book. The other girl would say something to her and she’d go get something else. And their mother said, ‘I have never understood this. They did not learn it, but they can communicate it, we can’t define it, but they speak another language.’”

“I’ve heard missionaries say that men that were drunk dancing ‘round a native fire have spoken flawless English, almost Oxford English. So there is a psychic tongue. There is a demonic tongue. Spiritus can speak in tongues. Now people say today, ‘Do you know the greatest need there is in the church,’ well, I’ll tell you what I think the greatest need, it is not the gift of discernment, because I have a sister-in-law who discerns many things and she’s quite unsaved. People say, ‘I’ve got the gift of discernment.’ So does an ungodly man. What you need, what we need is the gift of discerning of spirits; to see whether they’re true spirits or false spirits. Because Satan is a great mimic, he’s a great imitator. So, you don’t look too happy I better hurry on here.”

-Leonard Ravenhill, from sermon: 1 Corinthians 13

2006/2/27 0:43Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Sorry. Double post.

2006/2/27 0:47Profile

Re:

When I come to SI forum, I like to think I could get to know some of the brothers and sisters here.

It's like or actually, Biblically "Church" to me.

Anyhow, I try really hard, as best I can, to watch how people post and go through old threads to understand folks and all.
It sure is a hard thing to get to know people through a Monitor. Sometimes, it all but impossible, unless God opens a door of opportunity to speak to each other more candidly or in person or however HE does it.

Anyhow. I'm trying to figure GQ ... why would you go to all lengths, to even getting angry at brothers here, in defense of Catholicism, but when the Pentecostals come on, you come against us ?

You've got me with my head tilted like these quick smilies we do ... something like this ... /o: }

Anyhow, WarriorofGod, we all need to pray for the Gift of Discerning of spirits and at the very very least, just pray for Discernment Period.

We're all REALLY gonna need it, as the fake [b]really[/b] comes on the scene, in the future ... with "lying signs and wonders".

There's the real and counterfeit "gifts" in every denomination {Who called them "abominations" instead of Denominations ?}

Anyways, it's not too hard to figure this out Warrior. You've got a good head and The Lord is very careful to give us the Discernment we need, when we realize we need it and can't depend on our own figurin's anymore.

The "spiritual", whether it's from the dark side or The Light, needs "spiritual" discernment ... and that's just "utter dependence" on Him, as a little child.

God Bless brother.
Annie

2006/2/27 0:54

Re:

Hia Brother Letsgetbusy. :-)

This is where Ravenhill and Wilkerson differed.

Wilkerson was AoG, before he left and went independent, as we did in '85.

We were taught that tongues was the evidence "with" the Greek and that the "evidence" is given to all but the gifts of 1Corth12 are given "as He wills" ... "when He wills" ... I could post all of that, if anyone wanted that stuff from the Greek and then they can decide on their own ... but I won't post it to start a big debate or ruckus here.

To me, people have to believe what they want to believe and I'm not into cramming anything down anyone's throat.

I just present what I see or how I personally see it and others are free to do the same without a big fight or something. :-?

I know you never fought with anyone on here LGB, so believe me, I wasn't directing all'a that jibberish at you. Just the "Hia Brother Letsgetbusy. :-) " was for you. :-D

God Bless LGB and all.

Annie

2006/2/27 1:10
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Annie,

I have seen many of the stances. I was baptized by the Holy Ghost, and did not speak in tongues. I even went to the Lord in prayer, asking for tongues if it was His will. His answer: 'covet earnestly the best gifts.'

Many who speak in tongues feel beat up because they do speak in tongues. I have felt beat up because I did not. Like my experience wasn't genuine.

This aside, anyone who is a child of God is my brother or sister in Christ. I hope we can all continue to discuss and debate in a spirit of unity.

1 Cor 13:2 "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."

2006/2/27 1:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy