SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : After all this and we're still weak?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

After all this and we're still weak?

We have listened to more sermons of some of the greatest giants in the Lord and still no revival... We have read more books by the greatest giants in the Lord and still no revival... More resources now than ever but still... I find myself listening to sermon after sermon after sermon etc.. and yet where has it gotten me?...Do you ever feel no more sermons that you cant listen to another one...I just want revival!!! I think if I'm honest and all of us...if we would spend more time weeping and fasting than listening to another sermon about revival we just might see one?
After all our MEGA resources all the internet offers yet we are still weak. :-(

2006/2/24 14:27Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: After all this and we're still weak?

I think the only revival you can be assured that it can be attained is the one in you. We cannot contol others. I think the question is: Is there a revival in me?

If there is, then it will spread.

2006/2/24 14:37Profile
Bomar

Quote:
Do you ever feel no more sermons that you cant listen to another one

Yes. To be honest, I have maybe listened to 3 sermons in the past 4-5 months (quite a break form the average 2-3 I used to listen to a week).

I really am not just "hungry for revival" - as if that was the goal in our Christianity. No, all I really long for is walking with a clean heart with Jesus, and spending time in His word, and being obedient to him.

2006/2/24 15:17Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
More resources now than ever but still... I find myself listening to sermon after sermon after sermon etc.. and yet where has it gotten me?...

This is a very good question. Perhaps all those sermons are working deep in your heart, gradually changing the way you think, and thus preparing you for deeper things ahead.

The resources here are fabulous precursers to revival - the way I see it. They are like a big kick - getting us out of our many blind ruts. However, it is also up to us how we respond to the voice of the Spirit as HE may be speaking to us personally through what we read and hear.

I think of Ancient Israel - who also had fabulous resources - and then, after all that, most of them rejected God. All God's resources turned out to be an indictment aganst them. In the same way, if God is using anything here to speak to us, and we ignore it, then we are accountable.

No doubt God may seem to work differently in the future than he did in the past, but nevertheless, knowing how he has worked can be an encouragement.

For some time I have suspected that the next generation will see moves of God more than we will. And no doubt he is preparing the ground - breaking up the resistance ex: traditions, pride, self-sufficiency, national pride, worldly trusts, etc, etc

"I will pour water on the thirsty land,
and streams on the dry ground,
I will pour our my Spirit on your offspring
and my blessings on your descendents."
Is. 44:3

Diane

2006/2/24 16:17Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:
No, all I really long for is walking with a clean heart with Jesus, and spending time in His word, and being obedient to him.

Same here for me.

"And the surviving remnant of the house of Judah shall again [b]take root downward[/b] and [b]bear fruit upward.[/b]" (Isaiah 37:31)

That's the sequence...always.

Paul

2006/2/24 16:25Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

O if everyone would just long & yearn for Jesus....well I gues then we would be in heaven...imagine being surrounded by people who long for Jesus in heaven what a day that will be!!! Makes me almost want to shout!

2006/2/24 16:33Profile

On the Revival Section of this forum, under "Wake up", I wrote my story of 30 years ago. We got where you are and then a major truth hit us like an explosion right between the eyes ... where the 'brain' is. Duh was us :-).

The New Testament is very clear. It's so clear a child could understand it. But I'll explain it as how our retired missionary professors explained it to us.

A Pond, needs an insource of water but also an "outlet" ... or else it will grow "stagnant".
In other words, if we are just reading, and listening to sermons, (taking in) and not "giving it back out", we'll become stagnant.

The New Testament speaks of everything we need to know. God's Word is not incomplete. It also speaks of everything we 'have'... in Christ.
We need to read it and ask the Lord God, "What is missing ?"

Have you had your own Pentecost ?
If you have, then the affect should be the same as it was on those in the book of Acts.
If not, ask for a refilling ... a fresh experience of Jesus.

Then you will see how it says of both Jesus and Peter ... of all that they both would "DO and teach". They said the "Doing" came before the teaching.

We should mainly be waiting on and wanting to learn 'HIS VOICE'. That is what we will need to get through this life and the days ahead.
THAT is what is called "walking in the Spirit".

Some call it Practicing the Presence of God... continuously.
Once you're there ..... :-D

You'll never "want" again.

I'd recommend Searching the New Testament, in prayer, for what it is you're looking for.
Because His Word is alive, and spiritual and never goes out Void.

God Bless you brother, immensely. :-)

Annie

2006/2/24 16:38

Re:Also ....

Logic just asked about the Greek in Acts 6:8 ... and we looked at that just now.

WOW, I signed off of here and it hit me ....

[b]And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people. [/b]

Stephen was "early" Church. Like before Paul and his sermons - before the N.T. was even 'Written' .... yet look what his active faith produced and Stephen was just a "widow tender and table Server" ... yet you read about that guy.

WOW !!!!

And Jesus STOOD to receive Stephen UP.

WOW !!!!

Just because of FAITH AND THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

That's all that made Stephen what he was.

GLORY - ALLELUIA !!!!

Phew, that's a faith builder, no ? :-D

2006/2/24 17:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy