SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Question: Why do people go to church?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

Quote:
Having said that, being a part of a body of believers is very important. Whether it be a home Bible study group or a large church... we need to be surrounded by people who care about us and where we can grow and serve.

Amen. While there is really no such thing as a "body of believers" in a biblical sense (there is only the one body of Christ of which we are all members if we are believers) If we are believers then the Life of Christ within us will create in us a desire to fellowship with other members of the body of Christ. (Christ does not have but one body, He does not have a lot of "little bodies" of believers here or there. He has lots of local churches which are local expressions of the one body of Christ, but not many bodies.)

In Song of Songs which is a picture in type of the belivers love relationship with the Lord Jesus as the Bridegroom, when the loving seeker is brought into the Bridgrooms inner chambers to enjoy intimate fellowship with Him, her first response is, "Tell me whom my soul loves, where do you pasture your flock by day...

The more we experience intimate fellowship with Christ, the more the Spirit within us causes us to desire to be among the Lord's companions and to fellowship with His flock.

And it is only in this fellowship that she is beautified and perfected by the Lord's companions having the Gold plaited into her hair with Silver studds and strings of Jewells hung around her neck. We need the saints to perfect us, to minister Christ into us.

This is just a spiritual reality.

Graftedbranch

2006/3/2 14:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
we sell tomatoes retail at our greenhouses

Mmmm mmm mmm!! Good ol' Mississippi 'maters!

Would ya be willing to barter some of those 'maters for a gallon of some good ol' Carolina Mountain Dew? LOL (I actually do have a jar on a shelf in my garage.)

Krispy

2006/3/2 15:09
crimsonglory

canada

Re:

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10: 25

Fellowship with other Christians is important. We are one body; and are suppose to work "together" for the Good of Christ.

I've enjoyed reading these posts. May God BLess you. ;-)

2006/3/23 22:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy