SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Take up your cross..but what is it?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
Graftedbranc

Re:

The Lord said, "Except a man deny his soul life, take up his cross daily, he cannot be my diciple".

Our soul life is our natural life. That which we are born with. It is our fallen natural life.

The Lord Jesus lived a crucified life every day. He denied his natural human life (though sinless) and lived rather by the Life of His Father. He spoke the Father's words, He did the Father's will, He expressed the Father's Life so that He could say, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father".

And in like mannor, we are called to deny our natural life and live by Christ as our indwelling Life.

We take the cross by denying our soul life an living by Christ.

I have been crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me. And the Life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith, the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

To take the cross daily is to live a crucified life. Not a painful life. But one of putting to death our natural soulish life and living by Another Life. The Divine Life which we recieve in regeneration. We live by Christ and express Christ.

IN this Life we enjoy Christ, we also experience the fellowship of His sufferings which is inclusive of persecution and such things. But this is not the cross persay. The Cross is just our putting to death by the Spirit our own natural life an living, expressing, the Divine Life of Christ.

To the degree we take our cross daily, deny our soul Life and live by Christ, to that degree we may say, "He who has seen me has seen Christ".

Graftedbranch

2006/3/29 12:12Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Hi All,

Jesus said in John 13:34,35 A new commandment I
give unto you,that ye love one another: as I have loved you you, that ye also love one another.35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love love one to another.
In John 15:4 He says we must abide in Him and He will abide in us.
In John 15:10 He says if ye keep my commandments,
ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
In Vs.12 He says this is my commandment that ye
love one another,as I have loved you.13. Greater
love hath no man than this, that he lay down his
life for his friends.14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
In Vs.17 He again says, these things I command you, that ye love one another.18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.19. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.20. Remember the word I spoke unto you, the servant
is not greater than his lord, if they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.21. But all these things will they do unto
you for my name's sake, because they know not Him that sent Me.
Question: Whats the hardest thing for christians to do after they are saved? The one thing thats impossible for us to do in our own strength and love. LOVE-FORGIVE one another.
How does the world know we are His disciples? By
our love for one another. This is the flesh being crucified, His love abiding in us. We can never love and forgive one another with our love,
it must be done through HIS love.
We must decrease while He increases. Father give us this day whatever it takes for your will to be accomplished in us.
Heb.5:8,9. Though He were a Son, yet learned He
obedience by the things which He suffered:9. and
being made perfect He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him:

The servant is not greater than his LORD!
Phil.3;10
That I may KNOW HIM, and the POWER of His RESURRECTION, and the FELLOWSHIP of HIS SUFFERINGS, being made CONFORMABLE unto HIS DEATH;

So you see, the cross is the love of Christ in us, thats what we must take up every day, His LOVE.

Love to all,

pastorfrin

2006/3/29 19:13Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

What is the cross? To the Lord Jesus, the Cross was the instrument of death, ON the cross the Lord Jesus died, and in His death He terminated all things of the Old creation.

He terminated the flesh, He terminated Satan, He terminated the world system, He terminated the Law, He terminated the ordinances. He terminated everything which is of the Old creation which is fallen, corrupt and under Satan's dominion.

IN the Lord's living, He lived a crucified Life. That is, though He was in His own person and natural humanity sinless, nevertheless He did not live by His natural life, but rather lived by the Life of His Father.

It is this Life to which He calls us and to which we have been redeemed.

"As I live by the Father, so he who eats Me shall live because of Me."

As believers we are called to deny our natural fallen life and Live by Christ. We deny our soul life, and live by Christ as our indwelling Life.

AS those who have partaken of Christ, who have His indwelling Life, IN this Life is all that Christ is and all Christ has accomplished in His death on the Cross. In this Life is the effectivness of His death.

By the indwelling Spirit of Christ we enjoy the reality of all He accomplished on the Cross. His death to sin, His death to Satan, the Word, and all that pertains to the Old creation which is fallen.

Paul says, "if by the Spirit you do put to death the deeds of the body you will live." What does this mean? How do we "by the Spirit put to death?"

We, by faith, in our union with the crucified and resurrected Christ, find in His indwelling Spirit the effectivness of His death. And by the application of the Spirit we find ourselves liberated from our Self, from our soul life, from everything that is contrary to God and everything that is of the Old creation.

And we find in this same Spirit the wonderful power of His resurrection to live unto God in the power of an endless Life. We find His resurrection Life imparted into us making us alive from the dead.

To deny self daily and to live by Christ is to take the Cross and to experience all that Christ is and all He has accomplished in His incarnation, death, and resurrection.

Graftedbranch

2006/4/4 18:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy