Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mercy for Saddam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Mercy for Saddam

I must ask a question that needs to be asked. Could you show mercy to Saddam Hussein?

"Mercy!" you might scream. "How could I show mercy to such a tyrant who is responsible for the deaths of thousands upon thousands of people?" you may ask me. You may further argue, "What has Saddam Hussein done to deserve mercy?" Many other such questions are possibly racing through head right now.

But I must ask again, could you show mercy to Saddam Hussein?

Mercy is the turning away of wrath in judgment. If you were in the position to judge and sentance Saddam Hussein for the many crimes he is guilty of, could you choose rather to just let him go, and not even so much as slap him on his wrists or wag a finger at him, instead of passing a judgment of execution? But, just what has Saddam done to be shown mercy? As my pastor said in a sermon once, if mercy could be earned, it wouldn't be mercy. Mercy can only come upon those who have earned wrath. When everything in the world says that person deserves what they've earned, that they are just getting what is coming to them, that they have reaped what they have sown, could you show mercy?

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Matthew 5:7

Remember my Christian friend, you have been shown mercy by God. You, born in sin, and who have commited crimes against God and humanity without number, who deserve the hottest place in hell and all God's wrath, have been shown mercy. You did nothing to earn this mercy, rather, you only have earned wrath. But God has shown you mercy.

Maybe some of this doesn't quite sink home yet. I do not suspect that anybody with such authority to show Saddam mercy will come across this web site. So how does this apply to you? Do you know people in your own life who you have some sort of power over? Perhaps you are a manager in some business, and could fire somebody tomorrow who deserves to be fired. Could you show them mercy? Perhaps you have had some bitter conflict with a friend, family, neighbor, or somebody at church? Perhaps they have somehow seriously wronged you. Could you show them mercy?

http://www.christiansteps.com/daily/mercy.html

2003/12/18 10:06Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: Mercy for Saddam

Dear Friends,
There is a priestly dimension regarding this issue.
As many of you know, I am working with prayer and the mobilisation of intercessors. This operation holds a sector containing a news watch. I happened to be able to turn on my TV set just in time for the announcement of the capture of Saddam Hussein. And we rejoiced...

The news desk later on filled the screen with pictures of the man himself – a pathetic and pitiful figure; and I found myself crying for the man. And I still do...
Please, consider brother Jimmy’s article and the perspective of God’s mercy.
I am asking myself and the Lord why I am crying. There must be a priestly dimension in this.
Lars W.

2003/12/18 10:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Daniel Ch.4
Nebuchadnezzar
Babylon.
Modern day Iraq.
Saddam.

The parralells to and with Nebuchadnezzar are striking.
I don't recall if this had been touched on here in this forum or not, perhaps this could be fleshed out more from someone with a bit more knowledge. Had heard a sermon (On the radio) regarding all this awhile back and if time permits I will try and get my notes together, got a feeling this thread will bring out some debate.

I agree with you both Lar's and Jimmy.
It may very well reveal what is going on inside of us. Mercy? Judgement?
It raises a lot of questions, what about the Kurd's? I have an aquaintance who's mother saw the gasing of the Kurdish people by his hand and escaped through Turkey into America...
Mixed thought's, but I also felt a sadness towards him, maybe it's over the depravity that we are all capable of.....

2003/12/18 11:41Profile
5nva

Re:

I certainly agree with what is being said. I to had a sense of sadness in me when I saw the pictures on the news. I told my children we should pray for his salvation and that we can not be like the world and just shout out "kill him". I told my kids that it would be wonderful for him to get saved and to testify on national TV that he has renounced Islam and given his heart and life to Jesus Christ, 'live or die'.
And that if he did that the world would mock and still shout "kill him".

On the other hand, I know there is justice and that we all suffer a certain consequence for our mistakes, errors and sins. I also know that God is merciful but at the judgment seat people will still go to hell.

For me it is a hard thing to balance.

Mike

2003/12/18 11:52Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Mike and other readers and writers,

When I saw Saddam in his state and condition just after the capture I thought I looked at Nebuchadnezzar.
I did not dare to bring forth the, shall we say, similarities in their conditions in my first posting in response to Jimmy’s article.
We have a lot of hard thinking to go through to be able to lay hold of what God has in mind. Not only thinking, but some extensive praying I would say.
What if he would come forth as something very different from what he has been and is at this point as a testimony that it is Heaven that rules – Dan 4:26.
This is indeed a priestly realm.
Lars

2003/12/18 12:03Profile
brotherdeweese

Brooklyn, New York USA

Re:

The parallels to and with Nebuchadnezzar are striking. I want to comment on this statement. I believe the day Saddam was caught
the Spirit was speaking and showing the parallel
of Nebuchadnezzar and Saddam. I know He did to me.

The idea of mercy for Saddam is yet a scriptural
premise. "The Lord is not slack as some men count slackness but is longsuffering to usward not willing that any should perish but all should come to repentance."

If you want to intercede for Saddam, then do so with all your heart.

Keep in mind the death penalty was instituted by God too. Saddam's fate is in God's hands.
Is his heart too hardened to receive Y'shua the Messiah? I don't know but God does.

2003/12/18 12:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Wouldn't it be AWESOME if Saddam Hussein repented -- fell on his knees and cried out to the God of all creation -- and truly fell in love with Jesus?!?

Wouldn't that be incredible?

That is what I am praying for!

:)

Anyone want to join me in prayer?

:-)

2003/12/18 13:15Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I think the Lord moved President Bush into the Iraq war for the sake of Jerusalem. Only the Lord knows what plans Saddam had but I believe He moved against Saddam through our nation to protect Jerusalem.

Now that that has been accomplished it would indeed be glorious to see Saddam be born of the Spirit. It could be that the Lord is yet going to use him in some way, perhaps this thread is just one example of that.

In Christ,

Ron

2003/12/18 14:08Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Whatever happens to Saddam in regard to what he has allegedly done, while ruler of Iraq will be disposed of by the higher powers ( earthly governments) Romans 13:1-7. It's very moving, and inspirational to me to read the posts of Lars, "Javelina" Chris, and others that are greatly burdened for Saddams spiritman. I'm not much of an intercessor Lars, but I'd like to stand in agreement with you and anyone else that would like to join in; that Saddam would become BORN AGAIN John 3:1-21, as a testimony to the Grace and Mercy of our God ( Psalm 85:6-13), and to glorify that name which is above every name (Phillipians 2:5-11).
Clutch ;-)

2003/12/18 16:49Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

This reminds me of one of the greatest stories that is missed in the Bible. That of King Manessah(I'm probably spelling his name wrong.)

He made the streets of Jerusalem run with blood. He unashamedly ran after every pagan god in the land. His actions ultimately led to the captivity of Judah in Babylon years later.

But, he repented, and God forgave him, and restored him to the throne in Judah.

When we focus on the Lord, we see just how big our God is. He is greater than any sin in our life. If Saddam Hussein repents, he will find forgiveness.

One christian today that some of you might recognize is a man named David Berkowitz. In the 70's he became famous as The Son Of Sam killer in New York. He now leads Bible studies in his prison from time to time, and Jim Cymbala visits him frequently to encourage him in his faith.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2003/12/19 1:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy