Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Having a millstone around a neck

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
brentw

Ohio

Re:

I have felt so grieved debating issues until blue in the face....
This website is dedicated to revival not legalism. Beating someone can be spewing legalism. A legalistic spirit sounds harsh...

I told myself I never would get wrapped up in large debates here. My focus has got to be on Jesus and HIS GLORY. Walking & living in the Spirit. I told myself today how much time have I spent writting on this forum today when I should weeping for the lost & a sick church....Lord forgive me!!! Time will never forgive us.

2006/3/10 22:05Profile

Re:

brent, the best way to do this, is to pray and ask the Lord which thread HE wants you on.

Then ask Him, what do you want me to say ?

Normally, as Paul [u]constantly[/u] had to contend for truth ... yet he told Titus to limit corrections to twice and then split.

Let's say, you walk into a Bible Study where you are allowed to raise your hand and say something ... and all of a sudden, somebody says something way off the wall, that is not in Scripture ... do you just walk out or do you think of the younger folks in Christ and how they are being misled and raise your hand and say, "The Word of God says ....... ! "

See that's a question and that will be a question until the Lord returns.

We're in a big Bible Study.

There is no way on earth that you can have a "Christian" Forum and not bring Biblical truths onto it and expect it to always float gently cross the seas. Paul barely had a moment of peace in this department.

If you don't feel led to raise your hand and say something on a topic, then don't bother with the thread .... but if you do want to edify on that thread or you see something that would hurt somebody else ... ask the Lord to give you the Bible Verses for it.

That's all. No need to fight.
"Contend for the faith" {Jude} ... but no fighting.

:-D

2006/3/11 1:36
roadsign

Re: Thank you Lord for this thread

Quote:
the best way to do this, is to pray and ask the Lord which thread HE wants you on.

Funny you should say this, Annie, as this morning I woke up early and couldn't get SI off my mind. So I finally got up to come here. And what a joy it was to see this new thread posted. I see it as a taste of God's mercy. He is not going to let this whole tension between law and grace slip away. And he knows that the process can be very traumatic and shaky. My how we fight it. But for eternity sake, is it not worth letting all hell itself shake?

May God expose all hypocrisy and resistance to his Spirit. And may we bend, break, melt, and receive his refining fires no matter how painful.
May he expose all roots of legalism that lurks in the dark recesses of our hearts.

Legalism is really a dependence on the flesh, and a belief that God's approval comes from following a perscribed set of laws - whatever that be. Even permissiveness has a root of leglism: self-justification.

Brent I empathize with your words:
Quote:
I told myself today how much time have I spent writting on this forum today when I should weeping for the lost & a sick church....Lord forgive me!!! Time will never forgive us.My focus has got to be on Jesus and HIS GLORY.

A few times I have wondered if God was telling me to leave here and spend the time with the Lord. I admit, sometimes seems pointless to spend so much time writing. But that is not the reason to walk away. I'm sure the Bible writers, and many missionaries felt that way too at times about their work in the kingdom.

God asks you and me to lay aside our ideal standard for SI and walk through muddy terrain, and be an instrument of healing? It may very well be for our own good too.

God told Jeremiah when he got fed up:
"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in a safe country, how will you manage in the thickets of Jordan?" Jer 12:5

There are tougher times ahead.
Diane

2006/3/11 7:29Profile

Re:

Good post Diane, and I hope that brent can use Paul as his model here.

How much would you estimate that Jesus and Paul had written into our N.T.s JUST on legalism and who were the only ones that Jesus and Paul got worked up over and even called some ripe names ?

brent, you are tearing out about 1/2 of your New Testament if you pull out all of the "contending" and Logic is also trying to show you, that we can't wimp out on striving for Truth.

If we cry Peace, Peace in this world, with the hirelings and ravenous wolves that sneak into Churches and say "Unity at all costs at the expense of truth" ... we're goners.

I praise God for men that will stand for Truth because Jesus is the Truth and if we won't stand firm and contend for the faith ... to the Apostasy we go.

Paul should be your example, because he suffered the longest for contending for the truth and all of his books are just that.

As Diane said, "There are tougher times ahead."

2006/3/11 18:03
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Annie,
I agree with you. We should contend for sure. Maybe I'm a little misunderstood in my post on legalism. But your right I have to balance my self on this forum in choosing.... My whole ministery is on revival....I'm still striving.
Love your wisdom Annie...you bring balance to this forum...the Lord is really using you here! :-)

2006/3/11 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy