SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Implications of dispensationalism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The manifestation of the Life in the believer will bring this about otherwise we blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Paul instruct Titus so that the power of the word of God is not blasphemed.

1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Brother Phillip, what do you think about this teaching by Paul?

In Christ
Jeff

2006/3/15 11:49Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

As in all of Paul's letters (epistles) he first give the the only way believers can accomplish anything in this world and that is to know that the Christ that is in them is the only one that has overcome this world that is against all that God is. Our dependence in not on what we can do for the Kingdom of God in Heavenly Places, but on Who Christ is and His Power. We must keep these things in the forefront of all that we do in allowing The Power of The Holy Spirit to be able to accomplish anything that Paul is saying.

First we must come to this truth: Titus 1:1-4 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

All of everything that Paul has had revealed to him about the Christ that is in him is revealed in this opening to Titus and with the rest of the letter and all its way of not blaspheming the Holy Spirit by teaching all that Christ is in a human being and how to bring it about true godliness in the Body of Christ.

The people must know first the their life is in Christ and depend on no other to bring about the Rock of revelation which is Christ in the Believer and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. This Rock is the revelation of The Christ that is the Son of God born again in the believer and is all our power all our work and all our life to God our Father, just as Christ is The Son to the Father, so are we in Him.

Matthew 16:17-18 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not ((revealed)) it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this ((rock)) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The ((Revealed Rock)) is Christ the Son of God and Christ in you is the hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/15 16:59Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Brother Phillip do you see any difference between works of the Law and works of faith?

Jeff

2006/3/15 17:25Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Works of the Law are ones own works to obey God in my own strength and get to heaven on the basis of my good works. Works of Faith are works of Christ that is in me and by His Faith and His works I am saved, and by His Works of Faith in me I am working out my salvation with fear and trembling of the Power and Might and Strength and Love of Him. I am so nothing, He is so much and by His Faith I move and work toward the High Calling of God In Christ Jesus my Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/15 19:27Profile
dohzman

Re:

The answer to my question was simple, He did no work, he wasn't even like the man in the parable who went and labored at the last call. He had recieved a deep sense of conviction about eternity and the reality of the kingdom Jesus possessed, he understood that Christ was in deed God the messiah and he not only accepted that fact but yeilded to its reality and spoke with his mouth that truth or testomony. He was saved by faith alone and did no great deed in works to evidence that salvation, as we would count evidence, yet Jesus -- God who sees the heart said of him today you will be with me in paradise. I think its important that in all our learning, and doctrine we leave room for the Soverienty of God who knows the hearts of all men everywhere.

2006/3/15 23:09Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

Thank you Brother Phillip.
If the work of faith is His faith working in me do I have any participation, any cooperation, or do I only give assent or agree in my head that He is doing everything?
Jeff

2006/3/16 6:27Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Thief on the Cross

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
The answer to my question was simple, He did no work, he wasn't even like the man in the parable who went and labored at the last call. He had recieved a deep sense of conviction about eternity and the reality of the kingdom Jesus possessed, he understood that Christ was in deed God the messiah and he not only accepted that fact but yeilded to its reality and spoke with his mouth that truth or testomony.

Ravenhill mentions the thief in [url="https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=235"]Judgement Seat of Christ[/url] by raising his belief that he can't see the thief receiving the same reward in heaven as John Wesley or the like.

I heard a comment somewhere else, regarding the Thief, that he was converted unto salvation, but not unto regeneration, which meant although he was fit for heaven, he was not fit for earth in the interim. The question raised here is one of glorifying the God. If this is this case, then regeneration was not necessary here, because the thief was unable to tarnish the glory of God after his conversion.

This would maintain a continuance of the eternal covenant, with the thief entrusting his realtionship with God and therefore admission into his kingdom on the substitutionary sacrifice of the Lamb of God, by faith. The works only prove the faith.

Perhaps the thief will be as Obed-Edom in heaven, content to be the least in the kingdom of heaven, in appreciation for the undeserved mercy revealed unto him.

2006/3/16 7:38Profile
h2oboy

Georgia, USA

Re:

CJaKfOrEsT said:

"Perhaps the thief will be as Obed-Edom in heaven, content to be the least in the kingdom of heaven, in appreciation for the undeserved mercy revealed unto him."

Does this compare with what Jesus said:

Luke 19:17 "And he said unto him, Well done, thou good servant: because thou wast found faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities." ASV

Since the thief on the cross had no time to be faithful, then in the reign with Christ will he be least?
Jeff

2006/3/16 8:07Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

h2oboy wrote:
CJaKfOrEsT said:

"Perhaps the thief will be as Obed-Edom in heaven, content to be the least in the kingdom of heaven, in appreciation for the undeserved mercy revealed unto him."

Does this compare with what Jesus said:

Luke 19:17 "And he said unto him, Well done, thou good servant: because thou wast found faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities." ASV

Since the thief on the cross had no time to be faithful, then in the reign with Christ will he be least?

My comments were merely speculation built upon thoughts given by Leonard Ravenhill. The point of what I was saying was that the thief is somenone who can help us to get our eyes off of heaven and onto Christ as the focus of our destination.

Perhaps he can be considered "great in the kingdom" because in this he is a "servant of all", even to us today? Either way eternal covenant remains unchanged, although this presents another variation of it's outworking.

*Edit*The Obed-Edom was to direct our attention to the guy in 2 Samuel who left all to pursue the the presence of God, lowering himself to menial tasks, after hosting the ark on his property.*edit*

2006/3/16 8:17Profile
dohzman

Re:

In light of the obed-edom remark, it's interesting to note Jesus' comments about the least in the Kingdom of Heaven being greater that John the Baptist (there's another can of worms :-) )

2006/3/16 17:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy