SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for Inner- City, Kansas City

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Pray for Inner- City, Kansas City

I desire prayer from the SI community, as God has opened the door for my wife and I who are white Caucasian to Minister with and among 100% African American Christians in the inner city of Kansas City Missouri. There would be no need to mention skin color except Satan would love to hinder our Ministry based upon nothing more than this. I have found, when folk do not walk in the Spirit daily there arises great suspicion among the body. The hopelessness on the streets is so great, the endless cycle of drug and alcoholism, which translates into such economic poverty and child abuse is nearly overwhelming As recently as a few months ago I would have never imagined where God has placed us, right in the middle of the highest crime rate areas in all Kansas City yet we are seeing a hunger for righteousness the likes of which I have not experienced in years.

Saturday night I had the privilege of Ministering to several Inner-city Pastors and as a result of this chance occasion have been extended an invitation to speak at several Churches ranging from Baptist to Church of God in Christ denominations. I say “chance”, but I believe as a Christian our steps are ordered of the Lord without question.

I guess perhaps it is true, be careful what you pray for….. When we pray with sincerity and innocence “Lord use us” no doubt He will.

And so if you think of it, pray for us that we would only be led of the Holy Spirit that all might be done for the Glory of God. Amen.

tonys

2006/2/20 15:33Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: Pray for Inner- City, Kansas City

Hi Tony,

Quote:
And so if you think of it, pray for us that we would only be led of the Holy Spirit that all might be done for the Glory of God. Amen

May God grant you utterance to speak boldly and with great love the Word that He places on your heart. Wonderful to hear what the Lord is doing!

God Bless,

-Robert

2006/2/20 15:39Profile
repentcanada

That is tremendous God bless you and your wife brother Tony

2006/2/20 18:51Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi brother Tony, thanks be to God for the opportunity to share His name.

Please let me encourage you also. My wife and I are an 'inter-racial' couple. I know what it is like to share Christ as a 'minority' in an area. I think God has used the difference in our(my wife and I) skin colors to open hearts and minds when I used to bring people back to the house that I shared Christ with. Some of them were really really surprised when they saw her. That was back in Baltimore.

Here in Philadelphia there is unfortunatley more of an awareness of 'race' I think but nevertheless God has been gracious and opens hearts for His word to be shared. For me I know there have been times when I have had to fight off the impulse to become 'self-aware' of my skin color, which I think could cause me to be more timid or even fearfull. But God gives more grace.

I think the worst things we've faced when sharing Christ in the inner-cities hasn't been from race but the foul spirits! Not human ones. I mean that with all seriousness.

If you want to write or share feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Love in Christ,

Christopher

2006/2/20 19:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy