Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Dorcas - Traveling Mercies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re:

Quote:
...I noticed how naturally verbose SI’ers are

Hey I resemble that remark. Actually as much as we often long to meet each other face to face, when we actually do meet we find a new appreciation for the edit button here at SI. ;-)

Not really...the open conversation with such wonderful saints is refreshing. I knew these people loved the Lord, but oh the talents and giftings that I discovered.

It is humbling and encouraging to see the work of God in the saints here at SI. In the days that followed I could somehow understand Revelations 7:13 a little more..."Who are these people all dressed in white?"

And as an answer that echoed the one John recorded I was reminded of Psalm 107: Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south." As the small assembly finally gathered together in fellowship I quietly marveled...what a glory to himself God has created in these precious saints! We were the lost, the rebellous, the foolish, and the self-sufficient who were all captured and humbled by the "pure holy love of God."

Together, as we shared with one another the mercy of God in our lives, we were all able to observe these things, and to better understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.

After having met just a few of the wonderful people of SI in person it is easier to extend that goodwill to the rest of the saints at SI that I haven't met in person yet. :-)

Blessings all,

MC

2007/4/8 1:16Profile

Re: Dorcas - Traveling mercies

Quote:
Psalm 107:
[i]Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
whom he hath redeemed
from the hand of the enemy;
And gathered them out of the lands,
from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south."[/i]

Not joking, Mike, I trust you see yourself among the throng of the redeemed, also dressed in white.....?

Quote:
what a glory to himself God has created in these precious saints!

And here.... This includes you....

Quote:
We were the lost, the rebellous, the foolish, and the self-sufficient ...

'He maketh the rebel a priest and a king,
He hath bought us and taught us this new song to sing!

[i]Unto Him who hath loved us and washed us from sin -
Unto Him be the glory for ever! Amen![/i]'

Quote:
Together ... we shared with one another the mercy of God in our lives,

...who were all captured and humbled by the "pure holy love of God."

As Diane said (paraphrased) this is a work in progress (for us all).

But, it [i]was [b]wonderful[/b][/i] to pray together, trusting each others' hearts towards God.

I set off for home in a few hours, and still have much to process about all that has transpired for me personally, but, the bonds of love in Christ which have been forged through this trip, will, I pray, be established further, through the coming years.

2007/4/8 20:30
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"...the bonds of love in Christ which have been forged through this trip, will, I pray, be established further, through the coming years."

May it be so. Amen.

2007/4/8 20:39Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
And here.... This includes you....

Thanks Dorcas...you notice I did say

Quote:
we

:-)

Amen Dorcas and ChrisJD.

MC

2007/4/8 22:25Profile

Re: Dorcas - Traveling mercies

Mike said

Quote:
you notice I did say 'we'

Now I do... :-)

Amen, Chris. I have been blessed by everyone; but those whom I met for the first time have made a particular impression on me, which I want to savour - as I did previously, after other 'first' meetings.

2007/4/8 22:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy