SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : unforgivable sins

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
claydough

unforgivable sins

There are two unforgivable sins mentioned in scripture. What is your opinion about this matter?

2006/2/15 13:30Profile
Logic

Re: unforgivable sins

Mattew 12:32 "And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

This is more of a prosses of hardening your heart to the point that God hardens your heart and you actualy call evil what you know is from the Holy Spirit. What a reched state to end up in!

I am only familiar with this one, but you might be thinking of that when someone rejects the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross until he dies.

2006/2/15 14:23Profile
saved_matt

Lancashire, England

Re: unforgivable sins

Hey claydough,

welcome to SI, i heard an excellent message on this subject, so good in fact that it formed the basis of a tract I've written called 'The final rejection of Jesus Christ', anyway here's the link you can read, or listen,

[url=http://www.preachtheword.com/sermon/gospel032-theunpardonablesin.shtml]The Unpardonable Sin[/url]

God bless

matt

2006/2/15 14:50Profile
claydough

Re:

hey i am glad for your imput on this matter. there are two that are specifically mentioned in scripture. they both carry the same spiritual claim and that is they are unforgivable. the first is the blasphemy of the holy spirit. i am of the same mine as others that this is not just about one sin and it happens. yes, if you continually committ sim, your heart will become so hardend that you will no longer fell the presence or the power of God in your life any longer. i am convinced that this sin is not just one sin but rather a compilation of sins. you can sin so long and often that you no longer feel the presence of God.

the second of the unforgivable sins that the scripture speaks of is in the book of Revelation and it is committed in a single act. The word says in Rev. 14:7-11. I have had people say well that is in the future and only affects them. so was Matthew chapter 12 when it was spoken. some say that, that does not affect us, if it didn't then God would not put it in the word as he did.

the word of God is powerful, sharper than any two edged sword.
further more the Bible doas not say In any language that the second unforgivable sin does not carry wieght, they are mistaken. it seems funny (not really) to me that so many people believe that sort of thing about the bible. But God did not put those things in the word if they were not important to him and to us.

2006/2/16 4:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Try a search

Here is a couple past related items;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5925&forum=35#43514]what is blasphmy of the holy spirit?[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3712&forum=36#25677]What Exactly Is The "Unforgiveable Sin?"[/url]

2006/2/16 6:36Profile
Logic

Re:

claydough wrote:

Quote:
the second of the unforgivable sins that the scripture speaks of is in the book of Revelation and it is committed in a single act. The word says in Rev. 14:7-11. I have had people say well that is in the future and only affects them. so was Matthew chapter 12 when it was spoken. some say that, that does not affect us, if it didn't then God would not put it in the word as he did.

Are you saying that sin is is aplicable now?
The sin you are talking about is in Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, [b]If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.[/b]
So it can not be applyed for today since the there is no law for us to get the mark
and there is no beast to worship yet.

It will apply to everyone when the time comes.

2006/2/18 7:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy