SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : FALLING AWAY

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

FALLING AWAY

Can we really say that the church in our day is falling away?

Falling away from what? Falling away from the local denomination?

If that is the Falling Away than I welcome such a move. The doctrine of the Nicolations Christ hates this teaching and this is rampant in denominational churches.

I found that those who have stopped going to Church have not lost thier faith in Christ but rather they are finding a whole new faith based on the Apostles teachings and Jesus Christ being the chief corner stone.

I can hardly wait for the day (I'll probably be very old) that the language of "did you GO to church" will be a thing of the past on the lips of believers. It will probably be, "were you able to get to the catacombs".

According to David Wilkerson's book the Vision, the so called falling away is a good thing for the church.

Karl

2006/2/13 13:12
brentw

Ohio

Re: FALLING AWAY

"Many walk the broad road few find the narrow road" I believe not only is this salvation but a direct link of a local church.
How many a fallen away who sit in church pews or on a board or in a pulpit??

2006/2/13 13:30Profile
rookie

Brother Karl wrote:

Quote:
I can hardly wait for the day (I'll probably be very old) that the language of "did you GO to church" will be a thing of the past on the lips of believers. It will probably be, "were you able to get to the catacombs".

This will happen where 'authentic fellowship" takes place. One man here, one man there will not cause the world to hate us individually. But in fellowship, we will show the world that it is upside down.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/13 13:50Profile
Logic

Re: Prayer is the key

2Thes. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except [b]there come a falling away first[/b], and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

I think this "falling away" Is Gods way of weeding out His Church.

here is an example of weeding...

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, [b](the number of names together were about an [u]hundred and twenty[/u],)[/b]

wasn't there about 500 that Jesus apeared to? what happend to them?

1Corinth. 15:6 After that, he was seen of above [b]five hundred[/b] brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

I think the reason is that, alot of them left because they got discouraged of waiting.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, [b]but [u]wait[/u] for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.[/b]

amagine, if you will, about 500 people waiting for the Promise and praying all the while. Six whole days of waiting and praying and nothing happening. But on the seventh day, for the faithful, came the promise.

The question remains, how long are you willing to wait, praying, when "nothing seems to be happening".

As I recall a time when My wife was in much pain, I prayed continualy for a long time and didn't let go until My wife was heald. I could have got discouraged, but I know when God Promises, He is faithful who promised.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

2006/2/15 14:52Profile

Quote:
we will show the world that it is upside down.

Indeed it is. I have realised this [i]several times[/i] :-P in the last few years. ;-)

2006/2/15 15:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy