SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : WAKE UP!!! (we need revival)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Aonefischer

Re:

The reason Americans dont get it it, is because the pastors dont get it, they rely on mans ways instead of hearing from God. There are many men in the pulpit today that cant be there tomarrow if Gods going to move in this country. If the leaders arent going to get it how will the body? God will raise up new people to bring something real to this confused "christian" atmosphere. America is lost in its own prosperity that they only add God to there life, not make him there life!

2006/2/18 11:22Profile
breadman

Athens Ga.

Re: WAKE UP!!! (we need revival)

The church for the most part is putting on an act. I have been saved for 12 years and last year my wife and I went through a very hard time in our marriage, divorce papers were filed and oh how the church folks ran from us. After five years of attending the same church, tithing, attending prayer meetings, teaching sunday school, where were these folks when we needed them? We were out of church for three months when I called my pastor for to ask some questions. He told me that we needed to get back to the church where people love us. LOVE US!! No one called for three months. No one would have called. The truth was no one really cared, not really. Until the church stops playing church and really starts moving in the love of God it has nothing to offer. Btw God has restored my family and just the other day our divorce case was dismissed. God taught us much about the church institution during our trials and I am thankful to God.

2006/3/27 10:47Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Here's the scripture that the Holy Spirit quickened to me this time through the Bible that describes the Western church.

Ezekial 16:49-50 (then 56-58) 49 Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

56 You would not even mention your sister Sodom in the day of your pride, 57 before your wickedness was uncovered. Even so, you are now scorned by the daughters of Edom and all her neighbors and the daughters of the Philistines—all those around you who despise you. 58 You will bear the consequences of your lewdness and your detestable practices, declares the LORD.

Pride, self-satisfied and complacent and that's what I pray the Lord deals with but it has to start in my own heart first.

2006/4/3 10:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy