SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : '.. if the Spirit leads..' let's pray for Neil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

'.. if the Spirit leads..' let's pray for Neil

Probably I'm not the only person here who is already praying, but, I wanted to remind us all of Neil's immediate needs.

[i]Extracted from thread 'Laughing in downtown Toronto', p2.[/i]
I have added the bold.

"..I'm leaving for Chicago on Dec 28 .... God has been so good to me and answered many prayers. During the last year, He gave me a play to write called "Hizzoner"....its about Chicago's very famous Mayor Richard J. Daley, and some very wealthy producer's came along side to produce this work, and I will portray Mayor Daley on stage. We will open this work [b]March 3rd[/b] at my home theater (that I was trained at) in Chicago...its our 25th anniversary. I've been a working actor since I was kid. I've been in Los Angeles for 18 years, and now it feel God is calling me back to my hometown. [b]All[/b] my old friends, and teenhood colleagues in the theater [b]are unsaved[/b], they don't know Jesus.

They know my relationship with Him, they have seen the change in me these past four years, they see the fruit of the Spirit, and believe me, they watch....when I'm around them, I'm very light, very loving, very winsome...they watch....they are waiting for the inner Pharisee to come to the surface, the "religionist" to rear his ugly head.......its not like they are hoping for me to fall....they are just "scared", they are scared becoz they think that once you get saved, you can't have fun.....I havent had a chance to tell them, that your idea of "fun' gets radically changed once you die to your sin nature......

anyway, I'm blithering on....[b]just pray for me if the Spirit leads you[/b]. I'm very excited..."

If you search for the theater's website, you'll see his various roles. The first public publicity event is [u]the day after tomorrow[/u]. There is additional (prayer) information in the press releases.

2006/2/11 16:57
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: '.. if the Spirit leads..' let's pray for Neil

Actually, according to the theater website, it looks like the play opens in just two days, Monday the 13th. Let's keep him in prayer.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/2/11 17:16Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: I will

I will try my best to keep him in my prayers

2006/2/11 18:07Profile

Hmmm, I hadn't seen that thread. I suppose I'm not the only one who hadn't seen it.

Quote:
All my old friends, and teenhood colleagues in the theater are unsaved, they don't know Jesus.

They know my relationship with Him, they have seen the change in me these past four years, they see the fruit of the Spirit, and believe me, they watch....when I'm around them, I'm very light, very loving, very winsome...they watch....they are waiting for the inner Pharisee to come to the surface, the "religionist" to rear his ugly head.......its not like they are hoping for me to fall....they are just "scared", they are scared becoz they think that once you get saved, you can't have fun.....I havent had a chance to tell them, that your idea of "fun' gets radically changed once you die to your sin nature......

anyway, I'm blithering on....just pray for me if the Spirit leads you. I'm very excited..."

Yes, I've been praying for [b]equity[/b] for brother Neil and for Messiah Yeshua to grant him much Shalom, healing and now a great Witness in Chicago.

Isa 59:14 והסג אחור משׁפט וצדקה מרחוק תעמד כי־כשׁלה ברחוב אמת ונכחה לא־תוכל לבוא׃

Excuse the funny font.

Thanks.

2006/2/12 0:44

This week and next, every Th, F, S at 8pm and Su at 3pm, there is a Preview to the show.

Until further notice after that, the play runs at those same times. (It portrays the political biography of the father of the present mayor.)

Depending on how the work is received, not only the publicity events, but the days [i]between[/i] performances, may present a variable challenge.

May the Lord be glorified.

2006/2/17 9:21

When I was in Chicago, I saw the play, and met several people associated with it, one of whom reads his Bible now, because of Neil's testimony.

The play itself takes opportunity to refer to the faith of the man being portrayed, bringing God centre stage several times. The critics are giving 'rave' reviews, which is a glory to the Lord, (who gave the play) and there is much prayer for the gospel to touch many lives in the theatre group, through their interaction with a believer. God is blessing Neil and them, through this exploit for Him.

2006/3/15 19:13

In a post above, I wrote

Quote:
there is much prayer for the gospel to touch many lives in the theatre group, through their interaction with a believer.

I believe God has been answering these prayers, because a difficult situation with one of the actors, (a strong spiritual strand to it), has arisen suddenly, and Neil, who has been living at the theatre, now has to find somewhere else to live, quickly.

Please pray for these things:

the actor will move towards God and accept the deliverance he needs

Neil will know how God wants him to 'be' for Jesus in this situation, which requires leadership and wisdom (at the least)

Neil will find quiet, convenient accommodation, where sleep comes easily when he gets the opportunity for it.

Thank you.

2006/4/28 10:08

The Lord has provided suitable accommodation into the forseeable future.

Thanks be to God.

2006/5/7 11:12

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy