SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please pray for my grandfather

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tinluke

New England USA

Please pray for my grandfather

My grandfather is dying. He went into surgury a few days ago and never came out. He's on life support, I think they are removing it today. His kids are all on their way to the hospital now.

My grandfather is not a Christian, in fact he is a very angry, bitter man. I didn't even have a relationship with him, but I've been praying for him for 25 years. My heart is breaking! I won't miss him because I never really knew him, but the thought of anyone spending eternity seperated from the love of God is too much to take.

My grandfather does not deserve salvation, but neither do I or anyone else for that matter. Is it possible that Jesus could reach him even in the state that he's in?? I've been praying for him all these years. Do you think those prayers will matter now... only hours away from his death?? Please pray for a miracle.

2006/2/10 14:05Profile

Re: Please pray for my grandfather

I understand. This is very grievious.

I believe, as the disciples asked Jesus, "Who then can be saved ?" ... and Jesus said, "With God all things are possible" ... that's the mind set or attitude I try to take with these folks.

I've had loved ones to pass away, and I just don't know where they are... but I know I prayed for them ... and when I see Jesus ... then I'll understand it all ... and for all I know ... they may be there, just by the skin of their teeth at the last breath or moment.

So I don't dwell on it, I just pray like you.

And I will be praying with you.

Lord comfort you and your family at this time sister.

Love You.
(Grannie) Annie

2006/2/10 15:37
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I have heard of someone who had a loved one who was dying but was prevented by a parent from witnessing to this person. The Christian prayed for his salvaion and he LORD answered it wonderfully by revealing himself supernaturally to this person. He became a Christian before he died. And that parent could do nothing to stop that process! Now, ain't God good!

God is not limited in calling people to Himself. Humans are limited but God is not!

ginnyrose

2006/2/10 18:49Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Bless you sisters,

Your words really bring comfort and hope to me. Just what I needed to hear.

Love, Tina

2006/2/10 20:36Profile
Nellie

God is able to save your Grandfather.
God can do anything!
Nothing is impossible with God.

When my Brother was dying, I couldn't go to him, but had been praying for him.
I asked God to save him, and my other Brother was going to see him.
He was in a coma, but I feel in my heart that he heard my Brother talking to him.
I felt like God was speaking to me, in my spirit saying, I don't have a problem with this.

When I went to his Funeral, the Lord told me to
say, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away.
Blessed be the Name of the Lord."

May you and your Family feel the God of all Comfort at this trying time.

God Bless
Nellie

2006/2/10 21:02Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

Thank you Nellie, for sharing that amazing testimony! God is so good!

I have a little praise report to share too!!

I just got off the phone with my mom and she was so excited to tell me about the man she met on the way to the hospital tonight. She was in a hurry to get there and ended up getting lost. She kept stopping and asking for directions, but it seemed to get worse with each turn. Finally, after an hour of complete desperation, she stopped a man who was walking. He just said "I'm in the middle of the my 3 mile walk, but I'll show you the way." Then he just hoped in her car. She couldn't believe she let this strange man in her car, but then she said she felt total peace.

She told the stranger about her dad. The man just listend then asked my grandfather's name, then repeated his full name, and said "I will be praying for him." My mom asked if he was a Christian and he said "yes" and then proceeded to talk about Jesus. Then (amazingly) he continued a conversation my mom and I were having this morning! The conversation was about suffering in the world and the love of God. My mom was like "how did he know.. how did he know that was on my heart." My mom has been struggling with alot of things lately and she said he hit everyone on target.

Can you believe it?? I'm a bit shocked myself! My mom thinks he was an angel, but I think he could have been an ordinary child of God. An ordinary, obedient, spirit-filled child of God just doing what we're all called to do... to be Jesus to this dying world. To reflect His radience and glory in the midst of darkness!!
But then my mom said when they got to the parking lot, he just got up and walked away. She said before she could ask his name or thank him, he was gone. Now, I don't know... but that's exactly what she said!!! Either way, I think it's just as amazing. If it were an angel or a man, it was still the love and compassion of Jesus that put him there!!!!

All I can say is PRAISE GOD!! HE IS SO GOOD AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!!

2006/2/11 1:30Profile

Re:

Wow Tina, Thank you for coming on to share that.

Before you got half way through; that verse was going through my mind ... Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Ha, anyone who knows me, knows I'm not big into angel stories, and seldom if ever believe those stories or even think about angels.

I figure that's God's business, not mine.
So when that verse came to my mind and then you yourself said your Mom thought so, I was surprised.

That is very special and I highly respect your Mom for being blessed by these words from a Godly messenger.

It is a faith booster, isn't it ?

Well, again I thank you for it.
God Bless you & your Entire Family.

2006/2/11 3:31
Nellie

Re:

Tina,
This is a wonderful testimony.
Just like our God.
May He richly bless and encourage you today.
Nellie :-)

2006/2/11 11:21Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Something wonderful about knowing and yet not knowing...

Quote:
If it were an angel or a man, it was still the love and compassion of Jesus that put him there!!!!

"unawares" - Recalls another;

Luk 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Great report Tina

2006/2/11 11:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy