SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 86 Evangelical Leaders Join to Fight Global Warming

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Just some general comments:

Biblically and theologically speaking, the [b]first[/b] mandate from God to humankind is good stewardship over the earth (Genesis 1). That it is a God-ordained responsibility to take care of the earth is clear, at least to me.

I urge, however, that Christians be better informed about environmental issues before jumping into conclusions. There are plenty of politics going on behind the Kyoto accord, and other environmentalist movements.

For instance, Canada (my country) took pride in signing the Kyoto accord and some condemned the US for not following suit. But Canada's record in reducing emissions has been proven much worse than the United States (a fact that the ousted Liberal government is too embarassed to mention about).

2006/2/10 13:20Profile

Re:

We have four boys... we have a Chrysler Town & Country minivan. I dont think I could safely fit them all in a Volkswagon Jetta.

I also have a Jeep Cherokee and a Ford F-150. My Jeep does ok on gas, but the truck doesnt. I only use it to take trash to the landfill, haul wood and other such things.

We do what we have to do. Safety does figure in somewhere, and for a family of 6 a minivan is the way to go.

Krispy

2006/2/10 13:21

Re:

Jimbob said:

Quote:
Actually horses produce methane, a green house gas! If every one had a horse, thats like four billion horses, merrily passing green house gas

Firstly I'd prefer breathing in horsey dodo then what cars emit any day.

Secondly, Animals are excluded because their feces returns to the earth, give it a couple of years and it will become rich fertilizer. Crude oil on the other hand will not decompose, you put in the ground and it will kill everything around it, thats why it belongs where the devil lives, deep down in the earth where no life exists.

I was just saying this to my Sister that we should be allowed to ride a horse in the city, though I'd have to train it when it sees red it means to stop, and green means charge into traffic. :-P

2006/2/10 15:36

Re:Can we pray and move on ?

I just noticed the difference on the first post of this thread, and ...

I really think we should close this discussion right now and take a moment of quiet reflection and PRAY for someone.

Start another thread or something, just out of respect and I'd say 'sadness'.

Thank you if you'll join me in that show of respect and prayer.
No matter what, we're still Family.

[u]Thanks guys.[/u]
Annie

2006/2/10 15:45
roadsign

Windmills

Quote:
For instance, Canada (my country) took pride in signing the Kyoto accord and some condemned the US for not following suit.

Well, Canada is trying. And the result: some people in my area are hopping mad. This spring several 300-feet high wind turine generators will be constructed in farmers fields near where I live. The farmers are glad to finally make their land pay.

But lots of people are upset because the windmills are a hazard to the birds, to the health, to the view, and they worry about devalued farm properties. So they are going to try hard to stop this from happening.
Funny, they don't complain about living a few miles from the Nuclear Plant....
Diane

2006/2/10 15:46Profile

Re:

Corn alcohol you say? I think I heard my Grand Pappy speak of that stuff way back in the woods, the only legal place to talk about such things, *hic* :-P

2006/2/10 15:46

Re:

Seems we all posted at the same time.

I posted my opinion two up from here ... you guys decide.

It's your call.

His Love.

2006/2/10 15:52

Re: Windmills

Hi Diane, About a year ago, my province NB is looking for land that will generate power using wind turbines. I think every home should have their own windmill. The costs are astronomical but its something that is going to be apart of our future generations, since they are saying that Oil will peak at 2015 or less, and that is not far away.

Land value will not decrease at all, people move else where. I imagine that when they put those big power tower lines thru wooded areas that it caused such a stink, but they went ahead and did it anyway regardless of what the minority thought.

Thats interestings news for Ontario.

Karl

2006/2/10 15:54
roadsign

Re: Windmills and power lines

Quote:
I imagine that when they put those big power tower lines thru wooded areas that it caused such a stink, but they went ahead and did it anyway regardless of what the minority thought.

I've heard that people who live near these lines have a higher incidence of Luekemia. But, no, nobody complains because if they ever shut down Bruce Nuclear, this area would turn into ghost towns.
The bottom line is $$$$$$$$. When your livelihood depends on something, you don't complain about it (nevermind the statistics).
The ones who complain about the windmills aren't the ones having them on their property.
Quote:
every home should have it's own windmill.

I agree, every home should have it's own windmill. But then it should have access to the power o that they could have some independence and self-reliance.

The government is buying all the power from these windmills - keeps everybody dependent on the gov't.

The Amish have some things right maybe - their own windmills.

Diane

2006/2/10 16:01Profile
jimbob

Re:

Quote:

Healingwaters wrote:
Jimbob said:
Quote:
Actually horses produce methane, a green house gas! If every one had a horse, thats like four billion horses, merrily passing green house gas

Firstly I'd prefer breathing in horsey dodo then what cars emit any day.

Secondly, Animals are excluded because their feces returns to the earth, give it a couple of years and it will become rich fertilizer. Crude oil on the other hand will not decompose, you put in the ground and it will kill everything around it, thats why it belongs where the devil lives, deep down in the earth where no life exists.

I was just saying this to my Sister that we should be allowed to ride a horse in the city, though I'd have to train it when it sees red it means to stop, and green means charge into traffic. :-P

It was a joke.... horses....greenhouse gas.... ok never mind

2006/2/10 22:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy