SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Judgment Seat of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

The Judgment Seat of Christ

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

I was thinking (and that can be dangerous) ;-)

you never really hear many sermons on the Judgment Seat of Christ.
I realize it wouldn't win any popularity contests... but when I read that scripture, and give it some thought...

I don't mind telling you, it scares me.

As for me, I feel like I will fall far short.

Any comments on this scripture? I would love to hear them.

God Bless,

Mark

2006/2/7 18:15Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: The Judgment Seat of Christ

Hey, just joined this website and saw a new thread.

I have heard preached that believers will stand before the judgement seat of Christ and all others before the white throne judgement of God. Am I way off base with this?

I am also quaking with this news. Should it scare us? It should, in my opinion, add a reverence to all we do, not a fear. Even if we busy ourselves with 'minstry stuff' are we doing things that, when tried, will survive this fire? I must yield everything to Him. He does the work through me. I love what Ps 57.2 says, "I will cry to God Most High; to God that performs all things for me."
Hallelujah, Baruch Adonai!

2006/2/7 19:09Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
you never really hear many sermons on the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Leonard Ravenhill delivered an awesome message on this topic, you can download and watch a video of this sermon right here on SI at the following link...

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1699]The Judgment Seat of Christ[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2006/2/7 19:26Profile
Sentry

West Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:

Ruach34 wrote:
Hey, just joined this website and saw a new thread.

I am also quaking with this news. Should it scare us? It should, in my opinion, add a reverence to all we do, not a fear.

Welcome to the forum Ruach34!!!

I agree, A holy reverence, and perhaps a holy fear.

2006/2/7 19:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Here is the text version from Leonard Ravenhill as well;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=13622]The Judgment Seat of Christ [/url]

2006/2/7 23:37Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Not to get off topic... but Ravenhill in several of his sermons mentions writing a book about this topic. Did he ever finish?

2006/2/8 9:20Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

I like these verses:

1 Cor 3:13-15

The work of each one will become manifest; for the day will declare it, because it is revealed by fire, and the fire itself will prove each one's work, of what sort it is.

If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will recieve a reward;

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire"

Graftedbranch

2006/2/8 12:21Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I would also recommend Ravenhill's sermon. Paris Reidhead's sermon on his vision before the throne was also outstanding. I have only heard it from a compiliation. If someone would post the sermon title here, that would be much appreciated. It is the sermon where he finds his whole life to be ashes after going through the fire at the Judgment Seat.

2006/2/11 21:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy