SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Open-Air Missions Trip to UK?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Open-Air Missions Trip to UK?

I have had previous burdens when I see postings about England here on SI, especially considering the nation's religious history. I would personally love to come over there to do some open-air preaching for a week or two, and perhaps speak in a few churches if the Lord is willing.

Would anybody over there across the pond be interested in helping to coordinate such a trip, and offering a place to stay?

Also, would any of you open-air preachers here in the states be interested in going with me? I've checked Orbitz.com prices, and so far the cheapest month to go seems to be in May, being roughly $600 round trip.

2006/2/7 10:00Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Open-Air Missions Trip to UK?

How long are you planning on staying over seas?
EDIT: HAHA Ok I didn't read close enough!

2006/2/7 16:14Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: Invite here

Jimmy, I have been thinking for a few weeks now how I would like to open my house for a traveling preacher (actually I wanted to go to America but realised I should start the ball rolling myself!)
But I only have a small house (I could squash two in if a settee is good enough for one), and I live a long way from anywhere important. But my villiage has a train station to go to Liverpool, Preston, Manchester and Wigan all within 40 minutes. London is about 4 hours away (and expensive) Edinburgh is up north somewhere, though you could fly to Belfast from Liverpool for about $20 and spend a day there if you book early.

I could get you a few speaking engagements if you're happy to talk to less than 20 people, but I think my Anglican vicar would politely turn me down if I sugested a 'real' church service ;-(

What I am saying is I am open to your suggestion, though I may end up being just a B&B for a night as you go from one place to another.

PM me for a chat or my e-address.

Ste

2006/2/8 0:03Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: what cites would you do?

It would be nice to get a host of open air preachers in the UK

2006/2/8 8:37Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Thanks all for your replies and e-mails (sorry if I've not replied to those yet, I'm having email problems).

Upon further thought, I have decided to delay a trip to jolly ol' England to do missions/evangelism work there until probably next summer. I have already commited and am in the process of saving up for a trip this fall to Uruguay in S. America with my church.

I think a little more planning would be needed for me to make it over to England by this May, such planning that I don't really have a great deal of time for right now due to school. Also for my job, I wouldn't have the needed vacation hours to do both trips.

But I still believe this burden on my heart is geniune, and from the Lord. Being that next year I don't plan on going on our missions trip to Uruguay (it will interfere with school during the Fall), I will still have summers largely open. Hopefully I can attempt to go then.

God bless.

2006/2/8 14:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy