SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Evidence Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
groh_frog

Re:

Also, the notes are interspersed throughout The Evidence Bible. In the text, there are bolded verse numbers to signify a footnote on that verse. Also between verses or chapters, relevant quotes from famous or thought provoking individuals are written. Verses to memorize are shaded in grey, and difficult subjects will often have a "Questions and Objections" block nearby. Usually placed between books are pages with false religion profiles, or other interesting articles, such as tract examples or "famous last words" pages.

2006/2/8 20:38Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

I have many different Bibles I study and read in many different translations. But I have always bought Biles that only contain Scripture and no commentary of modern men. I just wanted to know what God says and not what modern man has to comment about it. It seems like there are Bibles with extra info of man for everyone and by everyone. I used to have a "Student Life Application Bible" and found I disagreed with some of the commentary and was distracted by it. This has always left a bad taste in my mouth for extra info Bibles.

Recently a good brother and friend gave me a pocket size version of the "Evidence Bible" to have when I'm evangelizing on the streets. I am reading it through now from cover to cover to familiarize myself with it. I actually like and find the commentary and extra information very helpful when it comes to sharing faith. I also find no problem with what Comfort has done with the King James. It is word for word King James except the archaic words are replaced with the modern equivalent. I can't believe I am saying this - because of my past views on the subject - but I would recommend it to anyone. :-)

2006/2/8 21:12Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Christisking's

Quote:
I have many different Bibles I study and read in many different translations. But I have always bought Biles that only contain Scripture and no commentary of modern men. I just wanted to know what God says and not what modern man has to comment about it. It seems like there are Bibles with extra info of man for everyone and by everyone. I used to have a "Student Life Application Bible" and found I disagreed with some of the commentary and was distracted by it. This has always left a bad taste in my mouth for extra info Bibles.

This has been my experience too. I dislike anything which intrudes into the text eg 'helpful paragraph headings'. I am interested that feel the Evidence Bible has avoided this.

What does it do with the 'eth' verbs and with the 'thees and thous'.?

2006/2/9 5:11Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

philologos wrote:
What does it do with the 'eth' verbs and with the 'thees and thous'.?

You can read the NT, Psalms, and Proverbs online [url=http://www.evidencebible.com/]here.[/url]

2006/2/9 10:49Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Thanks Preachparsley

2006/2/9 13:55Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: The Evidence Bible?

I have passed bunches of the pocket versions out, and purchased a leather-bound for my wife. High-schoolers from church seemed to have become more interested in the Scriptures after receiving an Evidence Bible. Lots of outstanding quotes inside.

2006/2/11 21:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy