SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Freed from Sin & the Flesh!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
amos54

Freed from Sin & the Flesh!

I learned something life changing recently and I wanted to share it and get your input. Growing up in a Christian home I might have been taught this somehow but not in the clear and direct manner that God used to teach it to me. A right relationship with God requires obedience; it pleases God & leads to the daily crucifixion of the flesh. When sin comes there are two ways we as believers can respond. (1) Give into the flesh and its desires or (2) Cling to Christ and have victory. At times I feel too weak or too immature to obey but 100% if you turn your eyes to Jesus and ask He WILL help you win! I used to think of sin of just a passing thing or an act of my human nature but each sin is an attack by Satan and my choice to participate is defiant and disobedient. So knowing this I don’t really understand how believers can say that they will sin for the rest of their lives because they say as human "that’s the way they are." But its not!! We are free from sin! FREE! Christ' sacrifice on the cross was sufficient and powerful enough! It is kind of crazy that we have the choice to sin or not that God loves us that much. True love does not require love in return. That is the perfect love that God has bestowed on us, his creation. To be on guard and able to choose Him when I am attacked I need to be walking in the spirit always, willing to give up the flesh. My heart needs to seek God and only be filled by Him. Like in that passage... We used to be married to Satan and were bound by him but through Christ death and the death of sin we are free to remarry… to marry Jesus! I found that revival in the sense of seeing who God really is comes when the Spirit prevails over the flesh and you walk therein. Exercise yourself toward Godliness… give up desires of the flesh even one’s like food or TV; anything of this world that you want, so that you get used to not feeding the flesh. Romans 8:3 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.

2006/2/6 8:37Profile
JFEdgar

Wellington, Ohio

Re: Freed from Sin & the Flesh!

Amen!

2006/2/6 13:06Profile
rookie

Re: Freed from Sin & the Flesh!

Brother Amos wrote:

Quote:
I used to think of sin of just a passing thing or an act of my human nature but each sin is an attack by Satan and my choice to participate is defiant and disobedient. So knowing this I don’t really understand how believers can say that they will sin for the rest of their lives because they say as human "that’s the way they are." But its not!!

John 8:

And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

Jesus taught this to the woman caught in adultery as well as those present. He forgave the woman, then He commanded her to "sin no more."

Then He turned to the crowd and revealed the way to overcome the sin that you yourself have discovered the way.

"He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness but have the light of life."

This promise you yourself have discovered.

Quote:
To be on guard and able to choose Him when I am attacked I need to be walking in the spirit always, willing to give up the flesh. My heart needs to seek God and only be filled by Him.

Rom. 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

This is as you have discovered a continual need of ours to call for the Lord to deliver us from the temptations that abound in our lives daily.

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

In the above Scripture Jesus describes what you have discovered.

God Bless you Amos

In Christ
Jeff

2006/2/6 15:18Profile
amos54

Re:

thank you for the scripture

2006/2/10 22:36Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Amen brother!

Rom 5:17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, [b]much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life![/b] through the [i]One[/i], Jesus Christ.

(Rom 6:6-7)
[K]nowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; [b]for he who has died is freed from sin.[/b]

(Rom 6:11-14)
Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. [b]For sin shall not be master over you[/b], for you are not under law but under grace.

2006/2/10 23:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy