SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Holding Hands

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
followinghim

Re: another question

this is some awesome advice, thanks... to address some things, the people in our lives are included in what we do, I am seeking advice from people and no he wouldnt ever dump me if we didnt hold hands, it actually hasnt even come up between us but I wanted to know what I thought was pure and right before it did come up.

Thanks again. Because you guys are so helpful I was wondering if you could give me advice on what to do. According to the bible and advice, I know pretty much how to be a wife, as much as you can know without experience, but I dont know how to be a girlfriend :-( I believe that it is Gods will for us to get married one day. I dont know how to get from point a to b. I pray a lot before we spend time together but I never know what to say or do or what is acceptable. can you help?

2006/2/10 21:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Karl,
I am not totally certain what you are referring to, but I can promise you that gospel music will not interfere with raging hormones. Even if you are married.

ginnyrose

2006/2/10 22:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sister,

Are you asking how you can make the time spent with your boyfriend worthwhile? If this is the case, I will have to say this is an old, old question. :-?

Assuming this is what you are asking, the answer will depend a lot on your interests as well as his. Do you live in the city or in the country? Are you involved in a spiritual church? Are there any benevolent programs in your church that needs volunteers? Do you enjoy music? Singing or playing an instrument that you could do together? Do you have any old people in your neighborhood that would welcome a hand or two? In other words, look around and see if there is anyone who needs help and take your boyfriend with you and render assistance where it is needed. Then after this is all done, go home and fix him a very nice snack or meal! Do you not know the path to a man's heart is through his stomach??!! At least this is what my dad used to say.. ;-)

When we were courting, we used play a lot of games. Then after we married it was hard to get my DH to play games...he thought he had played enough..he was tired of it! and I still wanted to play! and if he did it was to humor me! :-x (FYI: He always beat me, too! But it was still fun).

What does your boyfriend want to do? What are his interests? This should give you a lot of direction on how you can spend your time profitably.

Above all relax and be yourself. Do not try to be something you are not. And do not try to be his mother. Males do not want to marry 'a mother', they want a wife who will mother their children. Get it? They want to be esteemed, admired, respected; women want to be loved.

Perhaps you could be a bit more specific in your question and we will try to help you.

You sound like a wonderful lady....

ginnyrose

2006/2/10 22:51Profile

Re:

Two great posts ginnyrose ... you're on a roll.

I'm enjoying the read.

2006/2/11 3:53

Re: discretion

Hahahahahha, God love you Sis. It was a thought that I had for many years because I wanted to see if christians might look at sex as dirty and therefore would have a difficult time playing gospel music. It was purely an innocent question.

I look at sex as dirty because of where I came from and I still see it that way, though I am very sure that it is not. I just haven't experienced the pure sense of the word. And as a celibate person that I am, I don't know if I will ever.

Someone PM me and asked that I edit the first question because there might be minors coming to this site. I agreed to edit it, but someone has already replied to it so therefore it's difficult to do that, as the thread won't make sense. So I have offered this explanation for any of those who might be offended, as that certainly was not my intention. As I recall in that post, I haven't mentioned anything sexual, with these I try to be as discreet as possible.

Karl

2006/2/11 14:35

Re:

Dad always said:

Karl if your girlfriend buys fish and chips, then you buy fish and chips.

If she drinks Pepsi, you drink Pepsi.

But when you get married, buy whatever you want. :-P

Dad always talked that way when Mom was in the room, she'd give that look of disgust and say, "God you two are crazy" and Dad would turn to me and laugh.

2006/2/11 14:45
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Karl, humor is the oil that that will silence a lot of potential conflicts! lol I love your dad's comment...sounds normal.

BTW: I grew up in a household of females and then when I married we had four boys and one girl. How I do love our boys (now men) but I am still their mom and will treat them that way....sometimes! e.g.: they are so dense in acknowledging birthdays, etc. So I decided to fix that! When their dad had a BD I called each one and told them to call and tell their dad "Happy Birthday!" They did and my DH loved it. Ditto to one of their brothers. By then they started to act like boys! Oh! well...such is life....

ginnyrose

2006/2/11 16:10Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I Agree fully, sisters draw a line and stay far far away from it..

DO you think if we hunge out in group we would not as hard to keep the rules.
But when alone we are more tempted?

2007/8/27 0:44Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Can holding hands open our hearts to quick?

Quote:
In conclusion, while holding hands will not get you into trouble immediately, it can lead you where you do not want to go. It will also interfer with your ability to think rationally about the fellow who is courting you.

This a good question what how can we be pure?
What does the world do and are we starting to act like it?

Is there anyone out there that didn't hold hands, until they were married?

I know from my past,, stay away far away...

what do you think about all these guys and girls dating and hanging out alone, holding hands.. which leads to other things. How as a bosy of Christ to act in these realtionships?

In his love

2007/8/27 0:50Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

[url=http://www.boundless.org/]BOUNDLESS WebZine[/url]-a college-age ministry of Focus on the Family- has an awesome series on [url=http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001401.cfm ]Biblical Dating[/url] that you might look into... it has really helped a divorced young lady I'm working with who is reentering the dating 'scene' after 7 years of marriage and desireing to do so in a manner that keeps her pure and gloifies God.

2007/8/31 7:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy